I told ya so

If 3 candidates on the GOP side don't drop out NOW and consolidate behind the last man standing vs Trump, this race is over.
I created a thread calling for this LAST WEEK and everyone said it was too early. Well I'm telling all of you, it's all but too late now.

How is it I see the writing on the wall but these so called professional politicians with all their polling don't see it?

The game IS OVER barring a miracle
It's still too early.

Let's see what happens on the 15th in Florida and Ohio (Rubio and Kasich) – at the end of March it will become appropriate to call for some republican candidates to drop out – not that it will happen, of course.

If 3 candidates on the GOP side don't drop out NOW and consolidate behind the last man standing vs Trump, this race is over.
I created a thread calling for this LAST WEEK and everyone said it was too early. Well I'm telling all of you, it's all but too late now.

How is it I see the writing on the wall but these so called professional politicians with all their polling don't see it?

It's still too early.

Let's see what happens on the 15th in Florida and Ohio (Rubio and Kasich) – at the end of March it will become appropriate to call for some republican candidates to drop out – not that it will happen, of course.
To early? Only for those on the left looking for a Trump win.

The reality is that it is to late. The numbers are in - Trump has finally grazed the 50% mark. The others dropping so that one can face off with him only works when Trump maintained around 35% - a place where a few percentage points of Rubio/Cruiz voters going for Trump but the lions share going to the other candidate mattered. Now it is at the point where they are going to have to not only pick up all the other voters that the drop outs had but they are also going to have to pry away some Trump voters as well - something that has proven extremely difficult to accomplish.

Every single state that completes its primary is simply one more step to a Trump nomination. If they really were serious about beating him they would have consolidated earlier. Trump was just to damn successful to quickly. It is very likely IMHO that they are simply hosed now or will be very soon.

Very true--they're tripping all over their own ego's.

I mean what in the heck is Ben Carson still doing in this race. Now since Rubio won MI, he's not going to drop out, Cruz certainly won't, Kasich says he's in it until Ohio---what in the heck for?

I think some Republican heads are going to roll. They should have never put this many candidates on the stage in the first place. It was designed by Prince Reibus, with him thinking the more there were, the more they could promote Jeb Bush as center stage by using polling data--which is flawed, and they were advised by pollsters themselves to not do do that. What they didn't count on is Donald Trump entering this race who had 100% name recognition.

So they screwed the pooch on this one, and now the Republican party is freaking out. What they'll do next who knows?

Donald Trump v Hillary Clinton--and I don't think that Donald Trump can defeat Hillary Clinton. He's got a lot more negatives that she does, especially with minorities, and I don't think you'll see the Republican party out in force voting for him.

Last edited:
It's tough to imagine presidential candidates willingly dropping out and taking one for the team when they're gotten this far. Their egos just don't operate that way.

The only wild card here is whether the GOP "establishment" goes nuclear to save itself and backs a third party run. That ushers Hillary in, but they may decide it's worth it in the long run.

Their best choice might be Paul Ryan, but he wouldn't do it.

There are no good answers for the party right now.

If Trump is the nominee, and beats Hillary in November, I wonder if the Left will learn any lessons from it?

Hey, I want Hillary, but Trump could be the most entertaining President of all time! I mean damn, who knows what in the world he would do as President? It's almost worth voting for him to find out! It would be the greatest reality show of them all!

Trump: deport 11 million illegals and build a wall; cost = $1 trillion over 10 years. He also wants to increase spending on our military by $200 billion per year, increase infrastructure spending by $250 billion per year, dump Obamacare for a better more expensive program adding $500 billion per year, and he wants to bring back manufacturing jobs by placing massive tariffs on imports causing prices on goods to increase dramatically and killing our exports. So Trump wants to increase spending by nearly $1 trillion per year, but he's going to cut your taxes. But hey, he will make America great again. Spend more and cut taxes. Now that is a plan to destroy us for certain. Now, to be honest, many of the things he wants to do make sense, but he should be honest; doing so will come with a huge price tag and someone has to pay for it.

It's tough to imagine presidential candidates willingly dropping out and taking one for the team when they're gotten this far. Their egos just don't operate that way.

The only wild card here is whether the GOP "establishment" goes nuclear to save itself and backs a third party run. That ushers Hillary in, but they may decide it's worth it in the long run.

Bloomberg might do it. While he's not a conservative, he at least would give Republicans an out. The second thing to keep in mind is that despite all the nastiness toward Hillary, Republicans could likely work with her like they did her husband. She was actually somewhat liked when she served in the Senate.

If Trump is the nominee, and beats Hillary in November, I wonder if the Left will learn any lessons from it?

Hey, I want Hillary, but Trump could be the most entertaining President of all time! I mean damn, who knows what in the world he would do as President? It's almost worth voting for him to find out! It would be the greatest reality show of them all!

Trump: deport 11 million illegals and build a wall; cost = $1 trillion over 10 years. He also wants to increase spending on our military by $200 billion per year, increase infrastructure spending by $250 billion per year, dump Obamacare for a better more expensive program adding $500 billion per year, and he wants to bring back manufacturing jobs by placing massive tariffs on imports causing prices on goods to increase dramatically and killing our exports. So Trump wants to increase spending by nearly $1 trillion per year, but he's going to cut your taxes. But hey, he will make America great again. Spend more and cut taxes. Now that is a plan to destroy us for certain. Now, to be honest, many of the things he wants to do make sense, but he should be honest; doing so will come with a huge price tag and someone has to pay for it.

Your math is way off there skippy. lol

Bloomberg might do it. While he's not a conservative, he at least would give Republicans an out. The second thing to keep in mind is that despite all the nastiness toward Hillary, Republicans could likely work with her like they did her husband. She was actually somewhat liked when she served in the Senate.
I think I heard somewhere that he'd only run if Sanders got the nomination, but that may not be right.

He definitely WANTS to.

As Trump's popularity nears 50% I don't think that is viable.

The problem with that is not a shoe in for Hillary - that may actually strengthen the party in the long run - but that it will be seen as a violation to those that are Trump supporters. It will utterly obliterate the party on a fundamental scale. At the end of the day, they are going to have to beat Trump at the polls or accept that he will be the lead this time around. They are far better off preparing for Trumps run in 2020 than they will be if they openly trash their bases votes.

Forum List

Back