I took the Bing challenge...

Uncensored2008

Libertarian Radical
Feb 8, 2011
Behind the Orange Curtain
And went back to Google.

Why?

Bing has lots of pictures on the main page, but I like the tabbed approach of Google segregating the images from the links, so that I can get right to what I'm searching for without the clutter of lots of pictures. Bing also has more ads in search results.

Anyone else take the Bing challenge?

And went back to Google.

Why?

Bing has lots of pictures on the main page, but I like the tabbed approach of Google segregating the images from the links, so that I can get right to what I'm searching for without the clutter of lots of pictures. Bing also has more ads in search results.

I use both, depending upon what I'm searching for.

I have used it...and yes I also went back to Google.
Bing looks good, Google works better.
Having said that...I am sick of Google giving results based on who paid the most. I am tired of the top 1/3 (and sometimes more than half) of the page being paid ads that may or may not be what I am looking for.
I am also tired of Google finishing words that I type in the search box without me knowing it - and I get that WTF moment when nothing matches what I THOUGHT I typed.
I am also tired of Google tracking every damn thing I do. How many people here know that Google tracks words in your emails and places ads on pages based on your email?

I use Bing all the time. I use their home page picture as a guided tour of places I've never been and things I've never seen - but I don't mind taking the time to do that. I find it educational.

When additional text pops up in the search box it's meant to be an aid in helping you find the search you're looking for without typing it all out. If you want to type it all out just keep on typing over the suggested text.

I use DuckDuckGo Which allows me to select Bing or Google to view images and DDG doesn't track me so no adds and, like Google, one can select whether to have their words finished for them or not when typing.

And went back to Google.

Why?

I prefer Bing. No particular reason.

And went back to Google.

Why?

duckduckgo is your friend. It's an anonymous search engine.

Forum List

Back