What the heck is happening with Google?

Only a matter of time before it catches up.
Could be. I hope not. We all use search engines, but many forget, it is a service that is paid for as a business model. Nothing is really free, ever. To get the service, we sometime put up with prying, stalking business model mining of our use data. But it is important, to remember it is taking place and evaluate how much privacy one is willing to giver up for a free(?) service.

What the heck has happened with Google? Now when I search hardly anything comes up. I got a text that is likely phishing or scam so I searched the phone number and only got a few foreign sites and no phone number searches at all. It is weird. It was a dozen entries in total. Where I used to get thousands of results, now it is dozens with about 50% "sponsored".

I am not a happy customer. Maybe I should go full Karen on them.
This sounds more like this is your problem and not Google. If you have not done so, switch to another search engine to see it the problem follows. If it's a Google problem, I would check my search engine settings in my browser.

Could be. I hope not. We all use search engines, but many forget, it is a service that is paid for as a business model. Nothing is really free, ever. To get the service, we sometime put up with prying, stalking business model mining of our use data. But it is important, to remember it is taking place and evaluate how much privacy one is willing to giver up for a free(?) service.
I have found clearing browser data (cookies and cache images) helps prevent tracking and other malware. I also learned to stop blindly accepting cookies. Just because a site says they use cookies does mean you have accept them to use the site.

I have found clearing browser data (cookies and cache images) helps prevent tracking and other malware. I also learned to stop blindly accepting cookies. Just because a site says they use cookies does mean you have accept them to use the site.
I still use CCleaner after every internet session, sometime during a session. Between that, Firefox, DuckDuckGo and my paid anti-virus, I keep a pretty clean machine.

What the heck has happened with Google? Now when I search hardly anything comes up. I got a text that is likely phishing or scam so I searched the phone number and only got a few foreign sites and no phone number searches at all. It is weird. It was a dozen entries in total. Where I used to get thousands of results, now it is dozens with about 50% "sponsored".

It is progress. Progressives never stand still!

I still use CCleaner after every internet session, sometime during a session. Between that, Firefox, DuckDuckGo and my paid anti-virus, I keep a pretty clean machine.

CC Cleaner is okay, but if you read up on your OS anti-virus software isn't necessary when you can do your own settings plus use a decent browser and ad blockers. Anti-virus software is a waste of money.

You have to adjust your search input from time to time. You will get different results. From my experience, this is what I have been experiencing ever since I have using Google. Google is the best search engine in my opinion. They keep expanding their servers every day from what I have been hearing. They are the fastest, in terms of response time from when you input the information.

I have used CC Cleaner as well as a number of cleanup utilities. It's a good program but so are other such products. They seem to do about the same thing, deleting files that are unneeded, invalid registry keys, and other junk that accumulates. Most security packages do a better job of deleting malware.

I think one of the best tools to avoid crashes, network failures, device failures, and poor performance is a good easy to use utility that keeps all your drivers update. Most people don't understand what drivers do, how important they are to the operation of the computer, and they are shocked to see how many drivers there are in a computer. I know several people who replaced their computer because it was too old, it crashes, or performers poorly. They buy a new computer and give me the old piece of junk. The first thing I do is update drivers which solves a lot of problems. I currently use Drive Easy which is a very easy to use utility and is not too expensive.

Last edited:
I have used CC Cleaner as well as a number of cleanup utilities. It's a good program but so are other such products. They seem to do about the same thing, deleting files that are unneeded, invalid registry keys, and other junk that accumulates. Most security packages do a better job of deleting malware.

I think one of the best tools to avoid crashes, network failures, device failures, and poor performance is a good easy to use utility that keeps all your drivers update. Most people don't understand what drivers do, how important they are to the operation of the computer, and they are shocked to see how many drivers there are in a computer. I know several people who replaced their computer because it was too old, it crashes, or performers poorly. They buy a new computer and give me the old piece of junk. The first thing I do is update drivers which solves a lot of problems. I currently use Drive Easy which is a very easy to use utility and is not too expensive.
For Malware, though it has been quite awhile, since any has made it to my system, I like Malwarebytes.

It's always been like that, and any reverse search will be money grabbers except one, a good useful one that I use sucessfully. I'd share it with you by posting it, but you don't believe anything I say and try to sway others to distrust my word by tagging my legitimate posts as fake news, so in my best soup nazis voice:
"No Link for-la You"
🤷

but cc also accidentally removes bookmarks, at least in my browser and my version of cc, but yeah cc removes more than intrusive iobit.

Forum List

Back