I was asked how I can be against gay marriage when I accept interracial marriage

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
I answered the following. What do you think?

1. I didnt "accepted" the change when it comes to race, because I never had this way of thinking or shared this way of thinking to begin with. I said already that only for some whites/western people it was a crime, but not for the rest of the world or in many cultures. Whats with all the black guys who are against homosexuality but like white women? Same as brown guys or arab sheikhs or turkish pashas.

That means Im not white I dont share the same mindset as whites and never did, in my family we think that dark guys like blonde girls and dark girls like blonde guys and that this is "natural" (like oppossites attract). In white culture or some western culture its a crime, but never was for us. But we think homosexuality is a abomination.

2.Some churches accepted homosexuality and altered thousand years old christian beliefs and traditions, but if you read the bible you will see that sexual immorality is very much despised including men with men and women with women. And the text about sexual immorality in the old testament pretty much is also still valid for the new testament, not everything from the old testament is valid, but the passage on sexual immorality is, because the new testament often speaks of sexual immorality, and that this is very much despised, the new testament says "that our bodies are the temple of god and we shouldnt be sexual immoral because in our bodies is the holy spirit and its the temple of god". Not only homosexuality is a sexual sin but also incest for example or bestiality. Read the text on sexual immorality.

Leviticus 18New International Version (NIV)

Unlawful Sexual Relations

18 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.

6 “‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.

7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.

11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.

13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.

14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.

16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.

18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.

21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.’”

Preach it , Brother!

preacher-preaching-pastor-pastoring-shutterstock-800x430.jpg

I was asked how I can be against gay marriage when I accept interracial marriage
By 'against gay marriage' I assume you mean you don't want to marry a guy? Don't blame you, neither do I. Luckily, by the same token you can be against abortion as well.

That preacher was 100 percent correct!

Homoeroticism in Sergio Leone’s films

A Fistful of Dollars revolves around the phallic rivalry between Clint Eastwood and Gian Maria Volonté (the latter has the bigger gun, but Eastwood’s quicker on the draw!); For a Few Dollars More can be read as the tender courtship between Eastwood and Lee van Cleef; in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Eastwood himself becomes the object of sexual attraction that causes rivalry between Van Cleef and Eli Wallach;

Drag those buddy movies out of the closet

So what other bromances are still locked in the closet? Is there not an obvious parallel between those smouldering stand-offs from Ben Hur and the fevered, silent, longing stares exchanged by Lee Van Cleef and Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti westerns (do these men want to kill each other or kiss each other)?

1. I didnt "accepted" the change when it comes to race, because I never had this way of thinking or shared this way of thinking to begin with. I said already that only for some whites/western people it was a crime, but not for the rest of the world or in many cultures. Whats with all the black guys who are against homosexuality but like white women? Same as brown guys or arab sheikhs or turkish pashas.

That means Im not white I dont share the same mindset as whites and never did, in my family we think that dark guys like blonde girls and dark girls like blonde guys and that this is "natural" (like oppossites attract). In white culture or some western culture its a crime, but never was for us. But we think homosexuality is a abomination.

2.Some churches accepted homosexuality and altered thousand years old christian beliefs and traditions, but if you read the bible you will see that sexual immorality is very much despised including men with men and women with women. And the text about sexual immorality in the old testament pretty much is also still valid for the new testament, not everything from the old testament is valid, but the passage on sexual immorality is, because the new testament often speaks of sexual immorality, and that this is very much despised, the new testament says "that our bodies are the temple of god and we shouldnt be sexual immoral because in our bodies is the holy spirit and its the temple of god". Not only homosexuality is a sexual sin but also incest for example or bestiality. Read the text on sexual immorality.

18 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘I am the Lord your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord.

6 “‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.

7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.

11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.

13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.

14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.

16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.

18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.

21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.’”

My bucket list.

People are able to be against or for things that don't even exist. It's not that hard to be a believer.

If you don't believe in gay marriage don't marry a gay. No problem there. Do you feel the need to prevent others from marrying who they want?

I suspect that the reason that he fears gay marriage being legal is because without the fear of arrest he might succumb to the temptation to leave his wife and marry his barber...

However one attempts to rationalize his bigotry, it's nonetheless bigotry.

Homosexuals are mentally ill. It makes no sense to support behavior that stems from mental illness. How is a mental disease comparable to interracial marriage?

They are entirely two different things.

Interracial marriages simply expand the gene pool and strengthen future generations.

They are entirely two different things.

Interracial marriages simply expand the gene pool and strengthen future generations.

I don't disagree with this. However, people entering into interracial, interfaith, and intercontinental marriages should be given a heads up, as these marriages come with additional burdens. (I know, I am in an interfaith marriage--Catholic/atheist.) Customs and ways dear to one spouse are not always valued by the other. Many people have had the experience of either being involved in such unions, or in having a front-row seat to their failures. I completely get why people warn against interracial, interfaith, and intercontinental marriages. However, when they work, they are so worth it.

I didn't go in blind to my own marriage, as one set of grandparents had also made an interfaith (Catholic/atheist again) marriage. Growing up, I learned a lot from them and entered into my own marriage with eyes wide open (as opposed to the thought that love would conquer all).

If you don't believe in gay marriage don't marry a gay. No problem there. Do you feel the need to prevent others from marrying who they want?
The quintessential liberal projection!
As opposed to the conservative hypocrisy of a belief in small federal government and a desire to have that government intrude on the freedoms of states and individuals when they don't like how those freedoms are exercised?

As opposed to the conservative hypocrisy of a belief in small federal government and a desire to have that government intrude on the freedoms of states and individuals when they don't like how those freedoms are exercised?
Oh my bad! I thought this topic was about how liberal garbage always equate homosexuality as being the same as race? That's just as stupid as all your arguments because there is no gay race. It could never be because in order to create a race you have to men and women together. Now smoke some more liar.

Oh my bad! I thought this topic was about how liberal garbage always equate homosexuality as being the same as race? That's just as stupid as all your arguments because there is no gay race. It could never be because in order to create a race you have to men and women together. Now smoke some more liar.

Watch the faggots, they insist the government fining a cake baker six figures for not making homosexual art is individual freedom. Libtards live in a world of lies where slavery is deemed freedom and sexual perversion is deemed a race.

I don't know what you're smoking but it is you who brings up race not me.

Forum List

Back