Zone1 I was looking for things today...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I was setting up my home office today and I had to find a power cord, an HDMI cord, a doo-dad that connects the keyboard to the computer, another doo-dad that connects one of the monitors to the laptop, a stapler, a pair of scissors, etc.

As sometimes happens, I became frantic in my search and started yelling at God, who I tend to blame when things go missing.

Then I remembered the St. Anthony prayer my mother taught me to say whenever I was looking for something:

Dear St. Anthony, please look around, something is lost and can't be found.

I said the prayer, immediately calmed down, and after that I had no trouble finding everything I was looking for.

Did St. Anthony intervene to help me find my lost things? (divine explanation)

Or was it that the prayer calmed me, making it easier to find things? (scientific explanation)

What is your take?

I was setting up my home office today and I had to find a power cord, an HDMI cord, a doo-dad that connects the keyboard to the computer, another doo-dad that connects one of the monitors to the laptop, a stapler, a pair of scissors, etc.

As sometimes happens, I became frantic in my search and started yelling at God, who I tend to blame when things go missing.

Then I remembered the St. Anthony prayer my mother taught me to say whenever I was looking for something:

I said the prayer, immediately calmed down, and after that I had no trouble finding everything I was looking for.

Or was it that the prayer calmed me, making it easier to find things? (scientific explanation)

What is your take?

You paused, took a few steps back and allowed your mind to clear. Good for you. What ever works.

What is your take?
If you accuse God for every little problem in your life, you have no gger issues than praying to you dead saints

What is your take?
(Eye roll)

False dilemma. Offering only two supernatural choices (appealing to a "St." vs. engaging in "prayer") is not being "scientific" at all. It's offering a Distinction without a difference.

The thing is, the St. Anthony prayer has always worked for me every time I used it. That's a good track record.

I have a saint I pray to who usually gives me what I ask for or shows me that it is not God's will for me to get my request..

I'd say who that saint is but then the anti-Catholic people might pray for Satan to interfere when I pray to him or something! :eek:

I'm kidding... lol

God has a "Plan for Everything".....so you claim. LOLLLLLOLLLL crock of fucking shit.
But meanwhile, GOD Fucks with you to 'test you'
You're violating the rules for Religion

1717865001101.png

Forum List

Back