I wish to all Americans living in trailer parks, city condos,...

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
and golf course mansions....to all Americans in the South fighting for what they see is their history....to all Americans in the Inner Cities fighting to hold a family together, to get their kids through school or just to stay alive....to All Americans Liberal and Conservative from the most hateful to the most compassionate....I wish a very happy INDEPENDENCE DAY. Please spend a minute pondering what that really means and how lucky you are to be here.

Interestingly, most people living in trailer parks, condos or places with homeowners associations already have voluntarily surrendered big chunks of their (former) freedom. Had to; gotta live by those rules or move out!

Interestingly, most people living in trailer parks, condos or places with homeowners associations already have voluntarily surrendered big chunks of their (former) freedom. Had to; gotta live by those rules or move out!

You gotta live by "rules" everywhere.

Unless you go entirely off the grid.

and golf course mansions....to all Americans in the South fighting for what they see is their history....to all Americans in the Inner Cities fighting to hold a family together, to get their kids through school or just to stay alive....to All Americans Liberal and Conservative from the most hateful to the most compassionate....I wish a very happy INDEPENDENCE DAY. Please spend a minute pondering what that really means and how lucky you are to be here.
Felicitations to you this day also...

US_Flag_Burn.jpg

21% of Americans live in condo associations. Giving up the dubious "freedom" of spending their weekends mowing the lawn or fixing the roof as opposed to having that time to spend with the kids at their sporting events sounds like a reasonable trade off to me.

Yeah, with a condo you get all the inconveniences of a house and of an apartment!

Yeah, with a condo you get all the inconveniences of a house and of an apartment!

Condo associations are not only comprised of apartments.

Most of them are townhouses and some even have detached homes. They include amenities like pools, playgrounds, basketball and tennis courts.

Ever had to maintain your own pool?

Having no interest in a pool...nope!

Your choice. To me it is a great way to keep fit. I swim a mile every other day. Never have to clean the pool either. Works for me and millions of other people too.

The point here is freedom. You are free to choose to live in a detached home or a condo or a trailer park if you so wish.

No one is forced to live anywhere. If you like doing your own yard work then more power to you. Personally I have allergies so I am more than happy to leave that to someone else to take care of.

That is freedom of choice.

Having no interest in a pool...nope!

Your choice. To me it is a great way to keep fit. I swim a mile every other day. Never have to clean the pool either. Works for me and millions of other people too.

The point here is freedom. You are free to choose to live in a detached home or a condo or a trailer park if you so wish.

No one is forced to live anywhere. If you like doing your own yard work then more power to you. Personally I have allergies so I am more than happy to leave that to someone else to take care of.

That is freedom of choice.
i agree DT.....if i was younger i would do the yard work....but working in the PO for 33 yrs i have a bad knee and a sometimes sore back....i let a young lad do that stuff....and gets really into it....bless his heart....

I have a house in Vermont that I'm going to move to one day, when I want to get away from it all. For now, we rent it to skiers in the winter and Brooklyn families on vacation in the summer.

Until then, I'll likely just keep renting apartments myself. I move around a lot.

Forum List

Back