🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ideas on how to fix the voting problems.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
This is my idea.
First of all you make election day a paid holiday, but allow early voting
several weeks before election day.

Have online voting.
Everyone with a Social Security number should be able to access the Internet
and go to a secured website and submit their votes.

This would eliminate faulty voting machines, long lines at the voting booths
and most importantly, give every American citizen their Constitutional right to vote.
Felons should be allowed to vote as well. ( maybe not inmates as Bernie suggested)

Government is the problem because we allowed it to be.

Last edited:
This is my idea.
First of all you make election day a paid holiday.

Have online voting.

and most importantly, give every American citizen their Constitutional right to vote.
Felons should be allowed to vote as well. ( maybe not inmates as Bernie suggested)

See Obamacare roll out for why this is a bad idea.

Nah, seriously; I like the idea. The fallacy (not yours but in general) is that there is some silver bullet to fixing things. There isn't. There needs to be comprehensive approaches to repairing the systems.

1. Voting should be a month; not a day.
  2. Primaries should be run by the states to deliver (if they wish) the two top vote-getters; not one from each party that have this "super bowl" battle on election day. If the result is 2 democrats or 2 greens or 2 republicans for X office in the general election in November; so be it.
  3. Voting, as you said, should be portable. Meaning that if you happen to be from Seattle and find yourself in San Antonio during the election month...you go to the county clerk's office, log in and the ballot that is tied to your address pops up on the screen. You fill it out send it in; then go on about your business.
  4. Election security needs to be increased to where photo IDs are presented at the time of casting a ballot in person. Why we didn't start requiring this 40 years ago is nuts.

This is my idea.
First of all you make election day a paid holiday.

Have online voting.

See Obamacare roll out for why this is a bad idea.

Nah, seriously; I like the idea. The fallacy (not yours but in general) is that there is some silver bullet to fixing things. There isn't. There needs to be comprehensive approaches to repairing the systems.

1. Voting should be a month; not a day.
  2. Primaries should be run by the states to deliver (if they wish) the two top vote-getters; not one from each party that have this "super bowl" battle on election day. If the result is 2 democrats or 2 greens or 2 republicans for X office in the general election in November; so be it.
  3. Voting, as you said, should be portable. Meaning that if you happen to be from Seattle and find yourself in San Antonio during the election month...you go to the county clerk's office, log in and the ballot that is tied to your address pops up on the screen. You fill it out send it in; then go on about your business.
  4. Election security needs to be increased to where photo IDs are presented at the time of casting a ballot in person. Why we didn't start requiring this 40 years ago is nuts.

Thank you for reminding me about early voting.
And everyone over 18 can scan and email their ID's if necessary.
Have harsh penalties to minimize fraud etc...

i personally prefer the idea of registering in person, and voting in person. Gives you a chance to clean up and get to the polls, chat with party ward heels hanging out as well as the old bags that check your name off the list and seal you in the voting cubicle. Just seems so civilized.

i personally prefer the idea of registering in person, and voting in person. Gives you a chance to clean up and get to the polls, chat with party ward heels hanging out as well as the old bags that check your name off the list and seal you in the voting cubicle. Just seems so civilized.
The lines were already long before COVID-19...can you even imagine what it's gonna be like now ?

- Show photo ID when you vote.

- Make the penalties for voter fraud SEVERE!

That would stop about 98% of all voter fraud.

F*ck elections, bring back the draft and fill up government every few years with new recruits ! ~S~

People have died trying to secure the freedom to vote throughout the centuries and now the whiny generation wants a day off to make a two minute vote without getting off their dead asses. No surprise.

Forum List

Back