If a President can fire a General or Admiral or appointee...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
...Why can't the voters vote in a referendum to remove a President from office? What's the point of job approval ratings if there's no mechanism to remove someone who no longer has the confidence of the American people?

After his G20 q&a the President not only doesn't have my confidence anymore but I was really disappointed no one jumped up and...Threw a shoe at him (wink wink)

He obviously isn't up for this. So if he cares anything at all about his legacy should resign in disgrace before Congress impeaches him and he's removed anyway.

...Why can't the voters vote in a referendum to remove a President from office? What's the point of job approval ratings if there's no mechanism to remove someone who no longer has the confidence of the American people?

After his G20 q&a the President not only doesn't have my confidence anymore but I was really disappointed no one jumped up and...Threw a shoe at him (wink wink)

He obviously isn't up for this. So if he cares anything at all about his legacy should resign in disgrace before Congress impeaches him and he's removed anyway.
Granted he should have resigned under duress, but the duress never happened. He has been abusing the office for years and the Republican party under McConnell and Boehner never made a move.

We have a referendum to remove the President every four years

Really comfortable with that? Say Sanders gets into office (heaven forbid) and sells the country down the river. Now we got 3 years and 11 months to go with him running amok. Don't ya think some means of firing a bad President is a good safeguard? What if Trump wins and suggests we reverse progressive taxation so the poorest shiftless layabouts get taxed the most, and the richest hard workers get taxed the least? Wouldn't ya like to be able to at least try and vote him out before the next election?

Really comfortable with that? Say Sanders gets into office (heaven forbid) and sells the country down the river. Now we got 3 years and 11 months to go with him running amok. Don't ya think some means of firing a bad President is a good safeguard? What if Trump wins and suggests we reverse progressive taxation so the poorest shiftless layabouts get taxed the most, and the richest hard workers get taxed the least? Wouldn't ya like to be able to at least try and vote him out before the next election?

We do have access to impeachment

But that is only available for high crimes and misdemeanors. Things like blow jobs and the like

But that is only available for high crimes and misdemeanors. Things like blow jobs and the like

Can recall a state governor. So the idea isn't unprecedented.

Recall election - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We have this crazy system of checks n balances . Courts , congress and the like . You should look into it!

I get u hate Obama , but how is an attack in Paris his fault ?

Wish this had happened to gwb?

President Bush was an idiot but a puppet. Consequently others were making the decisions so replacing him wouldn't have mattered. President Obama though is the decision-maker here and who needs to be replaced.

It's interesting that the president didn't mention U.S. intelligence. Has the administration lost confidence in our intelligence network after the FBI bungled the Boston Marathon so badly? Barry Hussein has been encouraging mistrust and hatred of Police Officers but it was the local police that brought down the terrorists in Garland Tx. who were planning an attack similar to the one in Paris.

He will be after the next election.
We do get it. you do hate President Obama so much you are blinded.

President Bush was an idiot but a puppet. Consequently others were making the decisions so replacing him wouldn't have mattered. President Obama though is the decision-maker here and who needs to be replaced.

I gotta give it to Nutwinger on this one. He is right. That is the American system. It insulates presidents from the whims of public opinion. If we had a parliamentary system like Britain or Germany Bush would have been put out of office when the IRaq War was lagging. We never would have experienced the satisfaction of seeing Iraq move from a terrorist shithole controlled by a thug to a functioning democracy with free voting.

I gotta give it to Nutwinger on this one. He is right. That is the American system. It insulates presidents from the whims of public opinion. If we had a parliamentary system like Britain or Germany Bush would have been put out of office when the IRaq War was lagging. We never would have experienced the satisfaction of seeing Iraq move from a terrorist shithole controlled by a thug to a functioning democracy with free voting.
bwwwwwaaah

bwwwwwaaah
And when confronted with facts the Left resorts to gibberish.

Wrong, you don't have access to impeachment when there are so many regressivecrats in the senate that put party before country. The House would have filed articles of impeachment years ago if they thought there was any chance of conviction in the Senate. There's not.

bwwwwwaaah
And when confronted with facts the Left resorts to gibberish.

And the right resorts to profanity...;)

Forum List

Back