If D-Cuomo thinks Nuclear Power is too dangerous in US hands, why would 'we' want Iran to have it?

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
NY Governor shutting down successful nuclear power plant because… it’s New York - Hot Air

"Mr. Cuomo will claim the long-sought shutdown as a victory in the State of the State speeches he is scheduled to deliver in the city and other locations this week"

TWEET:
For 15 years, I have been deeply concerned by safety violations at Indian Point, especially given its location. We're going to shut it down. pic.twitter.com/e0b71Y0URZ
— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) January 9, 2017

So Liberals / Cuomo thinks Nuclear Power Plants are too dangerous in US hands...but Clinton thought it was a great idea for North Korea to have them and Obama thinks it's a great idea for Iran to have them..... Hmmmm...

AP Exclusive: Diplomats: Iran to get natural uranium batch

('Like enriched uranium, plutonium can be turned into the fissile core of a nuclear weapon' ... or a dirty bomb.)

The plant is old and has had problems..It has nothing to do with your political agenda...

The Indian Point plant should have been scheduled for closure years ago.

And a replacement plant should have started to be built. But anti-nuclear zelots have and will prevent that from ever happening.

Good luck making that up with Solar in NY.

Methinks NYC will be having an energy shortfall very very soon.

NY Governor shutting down successful nuclear power plant because… it’s New York - Hot Air

"Mr. Cuomo will claim the long-sought shutdown as a victory in the State of the State speeches he is scheduled to deliver in the city and other locations this week"

TWEET:
For 15 years, I have been deeply concerned by safety violations at Indian Point, especially given its location. We're going to shut it down. pic.twitter.com/e0b71Y0URZ

So Liberals / Cuomo thinks Nuclear Power Plants are too dangerous in US hands...but Clinton thought it was a great idea for North Korea to have them and Obama thinks it's a great idea for Iran to have them..... Hmmmm...

('Like enriched uranium, plutonium can be turned into the fissile core of a nuclear weapon' ... or a dirty bomb.)
Another desperate partisan hack fail.

TWEET:

Bbbut Iran has no oil...

The plant is old and has had problems..It has nothing to do with your political agenda...

Oh? What "problems" has it had?

It supplies 25% of our power. I'm moving out of the county before this bonehead idea is implemented

And a replacement plant should have started to be built. But anti-nuclear zelots have and will prevent that from ever happening.

Looks like coal generation plants and good scrubbers may be in NY's future. Do they have any trash burning generators there? With all the trash generated from that area of the country I would think that should be a good option.

Looks like coal generation plants and good scrubbers may be in NY's future. Do they have any trash burning generators there? With all the trash generated from that area of the country I would think that should be a good option.

Trash burning has been soured upon in NYC for decades.

Actually his backup plan is being worked on. There is a huge feeder project getting lines from Quebec to NYC in the works. However I am not sure it is enough to make up the IP shortfall, and 2021 assumes the project will be completed on time.

Ever hear of 3 mile island ?

We are lucky that we have other options than nuke plants

It supplies 25% of our power. I'm moving out of the county before this bonehead idea is implemented
Leaking radio active particles is a problem.
Besides the stuff Riverkeeper blew out of proportion, what is it that you're talking about?
Testing showing what is leaking has been blown out of proportion? It has been leaking for a long time. Twenty million people live in that area that are affected by the plant that has been consider the most dangerous nuclear plant in the country for years. The investors have known this for years and should have already had another backup plan in place.

Besides the stuff Riverkeeper blew out of proportion, what is it that you're talking about?
Testing showing what is leaking has been blown out of proportion? It has been leaking for a long time. Twenty million people live in that area that are affected by the plant that has been consider the most dangerous nuclear plant in the country for years. The investors have known this for years and should have already had another backup plan in place.

Where is your data for calling it "the most dangerous nuclear plant in the country"?

Where is your data for calling it "the most dangerous nuclear plant in the country"?
It was considered the most dangerous plant in the US in 2011 due to the age, the population surrounding it and its inability to withstand a larger earthquake. Its easy to look up the stats online.

It was considered the most dangerous plant in the US in 2011 due to the age, the population surrounding it and its inability to withstand a larger earthquake. Its easy to look up the stats online.

You do realize how subjective most of those categories are? They deal with risks, potential risks, and assumptions of catastrophic failures, not actual safety lapses or issues.

The plant has actually been out of increased federal monitoring for a few years now, due to its increased safety culture. Look up the wiki article for details.

Home generators will become increasingly popular as "the grid" crumbles through lack of power. THEN watch fuel prices soar!

Of course you liberals could help postpone that by parking your SUV, even the electric one (part of the problem; not of the solution) and turning off any electronics (other than solar powered) with which you amuse yourself.

Yes, Virginia, there IS a market for s solar dildo and I'm sure liberal pussies will have no trouble employing that out in the open where the sun shines sufficiently to keep it from drooping.

You do realize how subjective most of those categories are? They deal with risks, potential risks, and assumptions of catastrophic failures, not actual safety lapses or issues.

The plant has actually been out of increased federal monitoring for a few years now, due to its increased safety culture. Look up the wiki article for details.
No need for wiki I checked it all out last year. My Papa was a foreman on a nuclear plant revamp/expansion for several years when I was growing up so I have kind of kept track on them over the years knowing the health issues it caused him.

Forum List

Back