If Democrats can't beat David Jolly, how can they retake the House?

I hope this special election puts a rest to this silly notion that the Dems will reclaim the House in 2014. They're saying that 2014 will be a more Democratic year than 2012 and that Republicans elected in the pro-Obama 2012 year will lose in a decidedly anti Obama year. :cuckoo:

Let's just remind people what the facts are about this race:
-Alex Sink barely lost to Rick Scott in the uber-Republican 2010 year. Sink is a popular political figure in Florida.
-David Jolly is a professional lobbyist who lobbied to aid a Pakistani dictator. He is currently in a messy divorce and hangs out with his 27 year old girlfriend on the campaign trial. He also killed a person in an automobile accident, though it was when he was 16.
-The congressional district in question voted for Obama twice and for Alex Sink in her gubernatorial bid.

Alex Sink should've crushed David Jolly if this weren't a heavily anti-Obama year.

Liberals, do you still think the Dems can reclaim the House in 2014? I just don't see it.

Well, putting aside your propaganda over a narrow GOP win in FL-13, I am a Democrat and probaby the first member of USMB this year to already predict a GOP year in the mid-terms. See: posting 20.

So, exactly who is propagating this "silly notion"? Got some names?

The Democrats never had any real chance of taking back the House only the most hyper partisan ever thought they did and unless something drastic happens they will be lucky if they can hold onto the Senate.

The Democrats never had any real chance of taking back the House only the most hyper partisan ever thought they did and unless something drastic happens they will be lucky if they can hold onto the Senate.

The probability is extremely high that the Democrats lose the Senate. This is in accordance with electoral history over more than 150 years and a good hard look at the competitive Senate seats out there. Only, there is no way the GOP is going to get to 60 seats, either. So, we are likely to be every bit as divided come beginning of January, 2015, as we are now.

And remember, a Democrat just told that to you. When it comes to numbers themselves, I am completely impassionate.

As I understand it, mid-terms in a second term presidency ... the 'other team' always wins.

So the Democrats aren't supposed to take the House. Not this time, anyway.

Amirite, [MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]?

Not according to Princess Nancy......

Suppose the GOP keeps the House and wins the Senate.......

What will be their first priority?

Who will lead both houses? Boehner and McConnel?

Will they have a veto-proof majority?

Will they have an interest in making the economy better......while Obama is still POTUS?

Have a party as you dive into reality, nutters.

Last edited:
dear idiot,

its an R district.

It elected Kathleen Harris for gods sake

It's not the same district genius.
The district numbers changed in 2012 with redistricting.

My friend Katherine was the old District 13 succeeded by my friend Vern Buchanan in 2006.

I hope this special election puts a rest to this silly notion that the Dems will reclaim the House in 2014.
Liberals, do you still think the Dems can reclaim the House in 2014? I just don't see it.

I don't remember any credible political analysts claiming that the dems would win back the House in 2014?

Who are these analysts?

I hope this special election puts a rest to this silly notion that the Dems will reclaim the House in 2014.

I don't remember any credible political analysts claiming that the dems would win back the House in 2014?

Who are these analysts?

Get used to these sorts of strawmen around here.

I hope this special election puts a rest to this silly notion that the Dems will reclaim the House in 2014. They're saying that 2014 will be a more Democratic year than 2012 and that Republicans elected in the pro-Obama 2012 year will lose in a decidedly anti Obama year. :cuckoo:

-Alex Sink barely lost to Rick Scott in the uber-Republican 2010 year. Sink is a popular political figure in Florida.
-David Jolly is a professional lobbyist who lobbied to aid a Pakistani dictator. He is currently in a messy divorce and hangs out with his 27 year old girlfriend on the campaign trial. He also killed a person in an automobile accident, though it was when he was 16.
-The congressional district in question voted for Obama twice and for Alex Sink in her gubernatorial bid.

Alex Sink should've crushed David Jolly if this weren't a heavily anti-Obama year.

The Democrats didn't win this seat in 2006, when they retook the House. Where you people get this 'Sink should've crushed him' nonsense is baffling.

Why can't you people at least give telling the truth a test drive once in awhile?

dear idiot,

its an R district.

It elected Kathleen Harris for gods sake

No, it is not an "R" district, and Sink carried the district when she ran for governor. Obama carried the district twice. Sink lost because she supported Obamacare. No amount of spin is going to overcome that truth.

You Rightyloons are hilarious. It is a GOP district. A trained ape could have won that election.

The Democrats didn't win this seat in 2006, when they retook the House. Where you people get this 'Sink should've crushed him' nonsense is baffling.

Why can't you people at least give telling the truth a test drive once in awhile?

Bill Young was a popular incumbent. Incumbents are always tough to beat, even if the district has a certain lean. It's OPEN SEATS where PVI and how the district votes really matters.

Forum List

Back