If every Ukrainan citizen owned an AR-15, would Russia have invaded?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Many Ukrainian Citizens are fighting back against Russian invaders with anything they can.

Now imagine if they all had AR platform rifles to defend their homeland.

Whole different ball game.

Why an AR when the AK is a better weapon and ammo supplies in that part of the world are not a problem?

Whatever….AK, fine.

If every UKRAINIAN citizen had what the left wing calls WEAPONS OF WAR, Russia would be having an even tougher time.

Why an AR when the AK is a better weapon and ammo supplies in that part of the world are not a problem?

If there were massive sales of ARs in a country the ammo would follow.

Besides, there are really two kinds of AKs. An AK-47 design and an AK-74 design and they use two different kinds of ammo.

Go big or go home. These are the modern-day equivalent of the Revolutionary War muskets. :04:

1646230317275.png

Yea that was going to be my question.

ARs are great but require a ton of maintenance. aks just fire.

If there were massive sales of ARs in a country the ammo would follow.

Besides, there are really two kinds of AKs. An AK-47 design and an AK-74 design and they use two different kinds of ammo.
I was generically referring to the platform, either way the ammo would not be a problem. The 5.45 cartridge more easily than the 7.62

Yea that was going to be my question.

ARs are great but require a ton of maintenance. aks just fire.

I've put thousands of rounds through my AK and the only thing I've ever had to do was replace the trigger spring. I did put an ALG Defense trigger in it a few months back, that slicked it up.

There's also so much 7.62x39ammo in this country, you can't give it away at the gun shows. This, in spite of Biden's ban on Russian weapons and ammo.

If every Ukranian citizen owned a tank…Pootin would be Poopin his Sable Fur undies.

Many Ukrainian Citizens are fighting back against Russian invaders with anything they can.

Now imagine if they all had AR platform rifles to defend their homeland.

Whole different ball game.
Don’t be stupid.

Arming your populace is a double edged sword. I’m personally in favor of it myself. But I do understand that such a move makes civilians viable military targets.

Arming your populace is a double edged sword. I’m personally in favor of it myself. But I do understand that such a move makes civilians viable military targets.

The Russians have killed more civilians than they have soldiers. The civilians might as well kill 'em back.

PUtin is already targeting civilians---atleast with a weapon they would have a better chance.
The Ukrainian military is issuing rifles to those in line, of which there are tens of thousands now with more arms and ammo entering every day.

Your AR15 obsession is silly.

PUtin is already targeting civilians---atleast with a weapon they would have a better chance.
Perhaps… But maybe not. The Russian doctrine of war fighting may have a very different tolerance for “acceptable” collateral damage.
In the sphere of small arms fighting; I haven’t seen any footage of, nor heard reports, of Russian troops shooting unarmed civilians.

Forum List

Back