Joe Biden wants to apply ethics codes to the SC that ethic codes would throw him out of office

Why would I care what George Soros gave his friends? even if they were judges.

They are allowed to have friends, and friends are allowed to give one another gifts.

What I am more concerned about is when Judges stay on cases where they have conflicts...liek when Justice Sodtomayor set on cases involving her book publisher that gave her 100s of thousands of dollars

I understand Clarence Thomas is such a charming guy and people want to be his friends.
I have lots of friends but they don’t shower me with gifts. I would feel awkward if they did. Does Thomas give expensive gifts to his friends? He is a multimillionaire

Accepting gifts like $150,000 RVs, Tuition, someone buying your mother’s home creates the appearance of impropriety.
A Supreme Court judges reputation for impartiality is jeopardized

I understand Clarence Thomas is such a charming guy and people want to be his friends.
I have lots of friends but they don’t shower me with gifts. I would feel awkward if they did. Does Thomas give expensive gifts to his friends? He is a multimillionaire

Accepting gifts like $150,000 RVs, Tuition, someone buying your mother’s home creates the appearance of impropriety.
A Supreme Court judges reputation for impartiality is jeopardized
why? the friend doesn't have cases before him....unlike the Justice I mentioned, who had a case in front of her with the company that was paying her hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If Thomas didn't recuse himself from his good friend's cases, that might be an issue

And what about the gifts to Joey Xiden? It's not a real surprise to see you all attacking the Court, and the only black man on the court...

Joey Xiden gets free vacations from friends....https://nypost.com/2024/05/16/us-news/biden-omits-free-vacations-from-ethics-forms-despite-clarence-thomas-outcry/

Biden again omits free vacations at million dollar homes from ethics forms despite Clarence Thomas outcry​

it doesn't end there....donors pay off his son's back taxes: Hollywood lawyer paid off over $2M of Hunter Biden’s delinquent taxes

why? the friend doesn't have cases before him....unlike the Justice I mentioned, who had a case in front of her with the company that was paying her hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If Thomas didn't recuse himself from his good friend's cases, that might be an issue
These are major Republican donors. They have a political agenda.
Thomas should not be accepting gifts from them PERIOD

Why not enforce a $50 gift limit on members of the Court?

These are major Republican donors. They have a political agenda.
Thomas should not be accepting gifts from them PERIOD
Everyone has an "agenda" - why shouldn't he accept gifts from his friends?

Why can the Xiden family get gifts?

have you read the changes he wants to make . whadda hypocrit. This guy couldnt cut the mustard on any of these standards. No one had caused more breach than this moron.
wait till he pardons his son, cuz it's coming. Put that in your ethics code dip####

It stands zero chance.

This is a nothing burger of a story except to try to "rally" supporters.

Because changing the Constitution is one of the dumbest ideas that have come up.

This nation has survived because of the Constitution.....longest lived government in world history. Changing it would destroy it and its citizens right along side of it.

Just because Joe doesn't like it doesn't matter. It's NOT HIS NATION. The USA belongs to its people...not its Government.

SCOTUS, unlike Congress, doesn't shirk its responsibilities. It puts out its decisions in public format. Let's people hear the arguments and questions and know the circumstances surrounding the issues.

Lifetime appointments is a necessity....no influence peddling, no bartering, no politicking is allowed.

These Justices are subject to impeachment....and if Congress wasn't reticent to do the bare minimum outside of insider trading on Wall Street....then maybe they could actually do something.

He was not “judged unable to be prosecuted”. That’s simply a lie.

Show me where Obama authorized the attack.

He was ultimately responsible for it. Could he have been prosecuted over it? I dunno but there were plenty of other things he should have been prosecuted over.

Unconstitutionally spying on Americans and then sending a representative to perjure himself before Congress is a big one.

Sadly that wouldn't be illegal today thanks to the Supreme Court.

It stands zero chance.

This is a nothing burger of a story except to try to "rally" supporters.

Because changing the Constitution is one of the dumbest ideas that have come up.

This nation has survived because of the Constitution.....longest lived government in world history. Changing it would destroy it and its citizens right along side of it.

Just because Joe doesn't like it doesn't matter. It's NOT HIS NATION. The USA belongs to its people...not its Government.

SCOTUS, unlike Congress, doesn't shirk its responsibilities. It puts out its decisions in public format. Let's people hear the arguments and questions and know the circumstances surrounding the issues.

Lifetime appointments is a necessity....no influence peddling, no bartering, no politicking is allowed.

These Justices are subject to impeachment....and if Congress wasn't reticent to do the bare minimum outside of insider trading on Wall Street....then maybe they could actually do something.

It is the Supreme Court that changed it by finding something in the Constitution that does not exist.

Nowhere will you find that any president is above our laws while carrying out the job of a president.

As I noted above, call spying on American's as carrying out the duties of president and you are scot free. That means the protections are out the window.

Forum List

Back