The danger of religion

Completely different issue.

It’s not about banning something scary, it’s about equality. Either all are allowed or none of them are.
I thought the atheists were afraid the kids would repent of their sins if they read the bible (our society runs on sin).

I thought the atheists were afraid the kids would repent of their sins if they read the bible (our society runs on sin).
I personally don't care as long as one religion isn't given special treatment at the expense of the others. If you want the Bible in school, fine. But it's going right next to the Quran and Satanic Bible. Enjoy.

Lots of blabbering without directly answering the question. I'll simplify it for you.

The governor signed the bill to:
A) promote the teaching of history, architecture, and culture.
B) promote Christianity in public classrooms.

A or B.

Landry pushed back on the criticism, telling Smith that he “didn’t know that living the Ten Commandments is a bad way to live life.”

“I mean, look, this country was founded on Judeo Christian principles and every time we steer away from that, we have problems in our nation,” he said.
I do not believe the intent was to promote Christianity but rather to promote the Christian CONCEPTS this country was founded on. And those CONCEPTS are quite evident in our history, architecture, culture, music/arts, societies.

And the fact that you seem incapable of seeing the difference between teaching religion and teaching the impact of religion on who and what a people are doesn't change that.

It's amazing how many of you leftists can't understand that the Founders intent was to have no STATE RELIGION.

They allowed state religions. That's what the entire Jefferson letter was over.

He said the federal government could do nothing.

That did change with changes in the Constitution.

I do not believe the intent was to promote Christianity but rather to promote the Christian CONCEPTS this country was founded on. And those CONCEPTS are quite evident in our history, architecture, culture, music/arts, societies.

And the fact that you seem incapable of seeing the difference between teaching religion and teaching the impact of religion on who and what a people are doesn't change that.
Where does he say anything about Christian CONCEPTS found in our history, architecture, culture, music, art, etc?

You’re making bullshit up because you’d rather deal with that than reality. Here’s what he actually said:

“(I) didn’t know that living the Ten Commandments is a bad way to live life.”

That’s a direct quote. It’s called a fact. He passed the bill because he wants people to live their life that way, promoting Christianity. This has nothing to do with music, art, architecture, etc.

Last edited:
Where does he say anything about Christian CONCEPTS found in our history, architecture, culture, music, art, etc?

You’re making bullshit up because you’d rather deal with that than reality. Here’s what he actually said:

“(I) didn’t know that living the Ten Commandments is a bad way to live life.”

That’s a direct quote. It’s called a fact. He passed the bill because he wants people to live their life that way, promoting Christianity. This has nothing to do with music, art, architecture, etc.
Educators have no problem with their students keeping the concepts found in the 'behavioral' commandments. Most societies promote these concepts. What educators object to is knowledge that isn't born of academia. The Bible is the greatest source of knowledge the world has and competes directly and indirectly with academia. Educators don't object to it because they believe it is false, but because they know it to be true.

Forum List

Back