If Obamacare sucks is that the GOP's 2016 ticket?

We've seen this movie before. Things will change and the debt will be paid off dhrung tbe next boom. The silly doomsday crap you are pushing is making you look line an old senile fool in need of medication.

The amount of debt a student takes on is somehow the President's doing? :lol: you mean the parents used their home as a piggy bank and personal responsibility went out the window?

What exactly are you talking about? Did I blame the president for student loans? I said that it will be interesting to see if kids who have to pay off loans are going to drool at the prospect of getting to pay more money out of their pocket for Obamacare. Also, If you think young folks would rather put their money into Obamacare as opposed to buying a car then so be it. I'll disagree with ya though. Especially since you can sign up for Obamacare after you find out about your preexisting condition. Of course most young folks aren't unhealthy so my suspicion remains that getting young people to sign up for Obamacare is going to be like herding cats. Also speaking of senile fools on medication. Try reading my post next time before you respond.

Any talk about Obamacare is about Obama.

What were your predictions for elections in 2006, 2008, 2012?

I sure wish I knew what post you were responding to.

What exactly are you talking about? Did I blame the president for student loans? I said that it will be interesting to see if kids who have to pay off loans are going to drool at the prospect of getting to pay more money out of their pocket for Obamacare. Also, If you think young folks would rather put their money into Obamacare as opposed to buying a car then so be it. I'll disagree with ya though. Especially since you can sign up for Obamacare after you find out about your preexisting condition. Of course most young folks aren't unhealthy so my suspicion remains that getting young people to sign up for Obamacare is going to be like herding cats. Also speaking of senile fools on medication. Try reading my post next time before you respond.

Predicting what youth will do or worse what choices they will have a few years out is nuts. Your rants about the future remind me Jean Dixon. :lol:

Signing up or paying a penalty: it's the law

Predicting what youth will do or worse what choices they will have a few years out is nuts. Your rants about the future remind me Jean Dixon. :lol:

Why would anybody pay more money to sign up for Obamacare when paying the penalty for not signing up costs less? I don't really think you have to be Jean Dixon to figure out the future of that scenario. I also don't think you have to be Jean Dixon to figure out that young folks would rather have more money in their pockets than less money.

Why would anybody pay more money to sign up for Obamacare when paying the penalty for not signing up costs less? I don't really think you have to be Jean Dixon to figure out the future of that scenario. I also don't think you have to be Jean Dixon to figure out that young folks would rather have more money in their pockets than less money.

Why do people over pay for things? Why do young people fall into line with peer pressure and brand marketing? If it becomes unhip to pay the penalty? Point is the static and simplistic parameters of your world view here is most likely distorting reality.

Things will work out in the end. Tbere will be bumps along the way, maybe even a few crashes, but in the end things will be okay.

The rollout of the last part of Obamacare is off to a rocky start and all the hype and hysteria is skewing the reality.

No it won't work out. They will pay whatever is cheaper. Hip is not going to play any part in it.

Kind of a different question from the title; if Obamacare sucks, can the GOP generally keep their same stances on social issues and still find a presidential victory in 2016 by capitalizing on being right about Obamacare?
In case no one noticed Obama won't be running in 2016. I suppose Republicans could promise to repeal Obamacare and shutdown government again, and again and again and again...

No it won't work out. They will pay whatever is cheaper. Hip is not going to play any part in it.

How many youth who cannot get on a parent's plan are ellligible for subsidies? :eek:

You people are wishing for failure so hard you can't see the forest for the trees.

3/4/5 years from now the rightwingers will ignore all this and be chomping on some other bullshit hysteria

Why do people over pay for things? Why do young people fall into line with peer pressure and brand marketing? If it becomes unhip to pay the penalty? Point is the static and simplistic parameters of your world view here is most likely distorting reality.

Things will work out in the end. Tbere will be bumps along the way, maybe even a few crashes, but in the end things will be okay.

The rollout of the last part of Obamacare is off to a rocky start and all the hype and hysteria is skewing the reality.

I agree with you. Things will work out in the end. Obamacare is imploding and that is good.

I agree with you. Things will work out in the end. Obamacare is imploding and that is good.

Parts of the PPACA/Obamacare have been in effect for some time now.

Get a grip

Kind of a different question from the title; if Obamacare sucks, can the GOP generally keep their same stances on social issues and still find a presidential victory in 2016 by capitalizing on being right about Obamacare?

My perception is that if they truly believe it will fail, their best game plan would be to let it do so - and then they can rescue all of us and come out of the situation smelling like roses.

For some reason, they have decided against this course of action.

My perception is that if they truly believe it will fail, their best game plan would be to let it do so - and then they can rescue all of us and come out of the situation smelling like roses.

Yup, cognitive dissonance 101

Parts of the PPACA/Obamacare have been in effect for some time now.

Get a grip

I do have a grip. I have a grip on the fact that Obamacare is imploding. It's kind of hard to miss it.

Yes, and the reason is obvious. They don't believe it's going to fail. The fact is it will be 2017 before Republicans will have any real chance at repealing the law so the best they can do is undermine the law as best they can. The 26 Republican-led states who rejected the medicaid expansion will create a coverage gap of over 5 million people in their own states. This takes real dedication to the cause considering that the expansion does not impact their budget.

When the 'working poor' who used to get their medical care in free and sliding scale clinics, or at the county health department realize they are getting nothing for the new tax they are paying, yes, the worm will turn.

Forum List

Back