If only this student had a gun to defend himself with

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gun Safety Instructor Shoots Student In Ohio

Police say an instructor at a central Ohio gun safety class has accidentally shot a student......

Piemonte tells the newspaper it appears Dunlap didn't know the gun was loaded....

Instructor shoots student in gun-safety class | The Columbus Dispatch

A firearms instructor accidentally shot a student while teaching a gun-safety class on Saturday in Fairfield County to people seeking permits to carry concealed weapons....

He and his wife, Allison, both 26 and residents of Pataskala in Licking County, attended the daylong concealed-carry class together.

“My wife was sitting just inches away from me,” he said. “It could have easily hit her.”

Dunlap apparently didn’t know that the gun was loaded, Piemonte said — “That’s my guess.”....

A one day class? Well, that's what the nutters want for school teachers too.

Yep, we need more guns all righty.

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Oh c'mon nutters, you can do better than these really lame trolling posts.

Or, maybe you can't.

LOL

How about if you AT LEAST pretend to be happy that, THIS TIME, no one was killed.

Police say an instructor at a central Ohio gun safety class has accidentally shot a student......

Piemonte tells the newspaper it appears Dunlap didn't know the gun was loaded....

A firearms instructor accidentally shot a student while teaching a gun-safety class on Saturday in Fairfield County to people seeking permits to carry concealed weapons....

He and his wife, Allison, both 26 and residents of Pataskala in Licking County, attended the daylong concealed-carry class together.

“My wife was sitting just inches away from me,” he said. “It could have easily hit her.”

Dunlap apparently didn’t know that the gun was loaded, Piemonte said — “That’s my guess.”....

It doesn't take a whole day to teach someone about gun safety. When I took the class for a concealed weapons permit, the one-day course included instructions on gun safety, the psychology of gun ownership, the legal issues involved and actually firing the weapon.

The problem with the idiot instructor is that he violated one of the very basics tenets of gun safety: ALWAYS ASSUME the gun is loaded until you have PROPERLY INSPECTED the weapon to make SURE it is not.

There is no doubt he was properly trained but he didn't follow instructions. Don't blame the course he took, blame him.

Or, maybe you can't.

LOL

How about if you AT LEAST pretend to be happy that, THIS TIME, no one was killed.

You're the nutter that started the lame troll post.

And you blame the gun! MORON!!!

Idiot! Accidents happen anywhere. Join the NRA and quit being so ignorant!:cuckoo:

Sounds like an incompetent instructor. Only a moron would blame the gun.

Or, maybe you can't.

LOL

legion troll....why do you spam boards with your anti gun threads and then whine when no one takes you serious?

It doesn't take a whole day to teach someone about gun safety. When I took the class for a concealed weapons permit, the one-day course included instructions on gun safety, the psychology of gun ownership, the legal issues involved and actually firing the weapon.

The problem with the idiot instructor is that he violated one of the very basics tenets of gun safety: ALWAYS ASSUME the gun is loaded until you have PROPERLY INSPECTED the weapon to make SURE it is not.

There is no doubt he was properly trained but he didn't follow instructions. Don't blame the course he took, blame him.

I've never been a gun person, never owned one and only fired a gun once, but even I have heard this. You always assume the gun is loaded. Especially in a class on gun safety, that rule should be followed. This instructor did a piss-poor job if the article is correct.

I bet the students in that class will always remember to check if a gun is loaded.

Wow, that's a new way of teaching gun safety!!! I bet nobody there ever forgets it, too. Unless they're a 73-year-old gun safety instructor. :cranky:

They teach one day of safety and field stripping of the weapon. The day of BRT at the range, a half day of dry firing before to live automatic fire.

Whom does this the libturds cry? The US military thats who. The troops that sit behind a desk get tops two to three days of training with a automatic weapon before they are depended on to get up and fight when needed.

I dont know how many times a Sgt reported back to me that someone cooked off a round by mistake. Sometimes an instructor was guilty and cryturds, these are the same people that protect your freedoms.

Or, maybe you can't.

LOL

unlike you who is happy when a little kid is killed so you can do another anti-gun thread?..

Or, maybe you can't.

LOL

legion troll....why do you spam boards with your anti gun threads and then whine when no one takes you serious?

and he "claims" he owns a gun or two......and is not anti-gun.....:eusa_eh:

The white boy on the bus should have had a gun and shot his attackers dead...o boy would that have set the world on fire...

Forum List

Back