If police use there new drones to kill bad guys will you cheer?

If police use their new drones to kill bad guys will you cheer?

It's not like I'd cheer..... but it would be perfectly fine with me.

We are talking about killing bad guys here. It's all good.

Who gets to decide who the "bad guys" are? Radical marxists like Barack Obama? Mentally disturbed nut-jobs like Nancy Pelosi? Or maybe hard core partisan ideologists like Harry Reid?

Yeah - this will be sooooo great. Can't wait until Sean Hannity is drone-bombed because he was seen as a "bad-guy".

Who gets to decide who the "bad guys" are? Radical marxists like Barack Obama? Mentally disturbed nut-jobs like Nancy Pelosi? Or maybe hard core partisan ideologists like Harry Reid?

Yeah - this will be sooooo great. Can't wait until Sean Hannity is drone-bombed because he was seen as a "bad-guy".

I was thinking more of murderers, terrorists etc.... not for political reasons. :)

But of course you have a point there. With Dictator Obaminous Maximus ...one never knows.

The prohibitions spelled out in the Constitution don't mean a damn thing to Obama and the Libs. Its all about grabbing the power.

I was thinking more of murderers, terrorists etc.... not for political reasons. :)

But of course you have a point there. With Dictator Obaminous Maximus ...one never knows.

Which is exactly why I said "due process"! If evidence proves they are terrorists, then fine - take them to Gitmo and torture the hell out of them (I don't give a shit). But we simply can't have the government determining on the fly who to drone-bomb and who not to (unless of course it is an active-shooter situation or other scenario where a life will be lost without intervention by law enforcement)

"Radical Marxists". Every time we see such a comment, we know the poster is an idiot.

Absolutely fucking NOT. Do you people not understand that U.S. citizens are entitled to due process? That a "bad" guy is entitled to a trial through due process, and is not to be executed on the whim of someone driving a drone?!?!

You idiot, you have no clue what you're talking about.

If a guy is shooting up a mall or sports event, does he get a trial? No, the cops will kill him right there.

Second...you have no clue about what a drone could do. Here are some fine examples:

1- Limit car chases. Yep. A drone, like a helicopter, can keep a visual on a fleeing car. You know how many people get hurt by cop car chases? A lot. They wouldnt need to now. Just follow the guy, keep cars in the general area, and when he stops, move in. Less collisions = GOOD.

2- Help search for missing people and kids, or victims in a disaster. Cover a lot of ground, quickly, and send high-res visuals. Far superior to a helicopter, which is why the military is using them.

3- Uses less fuel than a helicopter. Means saving money, means less budget eaten up. You like less spending, right?

You right wing alarmists are funny sometimes. I bet people like you protested in the early 1900's when cops moved from horseback to Model-T cars also.

You're such a fucking idiot. With each post, you expose an IQ that borders on mentally retarded.

The examples given were "militia in the woods". At no point did the OP give an example of an active shooter, you fuck'n moron.

Since you have ZERO capability to read and understand, would you please just go away? This site requires reading and writing skills - something you have clearly NEITHER of....

From post #4 you fuck'n moron:

This is far too vague, you need to provide an example or examples. And are we to assume this within the United States?

Well it hasn't happened yet so examples are hard to come by, but yes, within the USA.

Say there is a well armed anti-government militia holed up in the woods?
Say there is a murder suspect in what they believe is an empty house?
Say a car is about to cross the border and the occupants are wanted terrorists?

Everything listed in the example requires due process - not active shooter elimination! Jesus Christ Almighty, you're absolutely incapable of following the conversation....

First- Thanks for the big, black bold letters. Seeing as I cant read, that helps.

Second- You are confusing "due process" with an actual court trial. You have never practiced law, or been in law enforcement, so I can see how you would be ignorant of the difference. You need to look up exigent circumstances. See...its hard to give a person a trial when they aren't in custody. Thats what an affidavit and probable cause is for. To justify taking them into custody. And, some exigent circumstances mean cops can act without a warrant at all, or even a judge's oversight.

But, I dont have time to give you a Criminal Justice 101 lesson. I'll give you lessons now and then to catch you up.

But I wont do them in large, bold, black letters. Sorry.

OMG, I just heard the local police got a boat for patrolling the harbor!!!! How long before it's equipped like one of those Navy combat patrol boats with rockets and missiles and machine cannons and a bunch of ex SEALS raining hell down onto the people sunbathing at the beach!!!!!!!! Whats next? A police nuclear sub? Re-commissioning a battleship to paint black and put police on it!!! The radical marxists have gone too far I say!

Which is exactly why I said "due process"! If evidence proves they are terrorists, then fine - take them to Gitmo and torture the hell out of them (I don't give a shit). But we simply can't have the government determining on the fly who to drone-bomb and who not to (unless of course it is an active-shooter situation or other scenario where a life will be lost without intervention by law enforcement)
I agree. The assumption seems to be that drones would be used to fire missiles with a lethal explosive payload. But they could also be used to deliver a non lethal payload like teargas, making it easier for the police to move in and apprehend the suspects.

The only mentally-disturbed radical Marxist here is you, Rottweiler.

The only mentally-disturbed radical Marxist here is you, Rottweiler.

Why do you insult instead of answer the question?

LL, you are calling the pot black, mr. kettle. :lol: Rottweiler does not deserve any respect at all, so I will merely point out name-calling like he does merely bounces back on him.

We live in a constitutional republic, LL, where We the People make decisions within the context of the Rule of Law, provided by our Constitution. The lawful organs of the state approved by We the People makes those decisions. You can disagree but you cannot impeded such lawful decisions from being carried out.

I mean we will probably see that day sooner or later.

edit: their* gotta quit using my iphone

I will cheer no more then when I see a cop in a CAR talking on the radio to a helicopter tracking a stolen car.

I don't remember anyone fomenting at the mouth about helicopters or airplanes.

So what's the difference between a drone piloted by a human on the ground and a helicopter .. ONE will be killed if there is a crash between the two!

Perfectly logical.....Yet if you listen to Liberty loonjob They are gonna start bombing American metropolitan areas any day now....It boggles the mind how gullible some are.

I agree. The assumption seems to be that drones would be used to fire missiles with a lethal explosive payload. But they could also be used to deliver a non lethal payload like teargas, making it easier for the police to move in and apprehend the suspects.

Or how about use it for recon like the fucking thing was designed for originally?

Or how about use it for recon like the fucking thing was designed for originally?

How about using drones to do recon looking for marijuana growing in remote locations? If a field of marijuana is spotted, the drone could then spray the field with herbicide.:eusa_angel:

illegals, murderers , drug dealers , Islamic terrorists .Al Quaida.... yes I would cheer...who wouldn't'?

Still fail to see how any city or county could afford the damn things so the whole crazy scenario is moot....Just some wet dream of a burnt out Paulbot Ventura wannabe.

SPD will hold demonstration, Q&A Thursday

armedrone.jpg

web reporterQ13 FOX News Online
October 25, 2012

SEATTLE—

About 50 organizations in the country have permission from the federal government to start using unmanned aerial vehicles, or "drones," and the Seattle Police Department is one of them.

Seattle police are drafting a policy on how they will use drones. Seattle Police Arson/Bomb Squad Lieutenant Greg Sackman will hold a question and answer session for the public Thursday night. The public will be able to see Seattle police's drone at the session.

July 12, 2012

Who Is Flying Drones Over America?

How many eyes in the sky are there over these United States?

At least 18 police departments, universities and other government agencies have received clearance from the federal government to send up a range of unmanned aerial vehicles, or drones, according to documents unearthed by a Freedom of Information Act request filed by the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Among them:

The Mississippi Department of Marine Safety has a 35-ounce unmanned helicopter made of carbon fiber, hooked up with a still and a video camera.

The Texas Department of Public Safety, based in Austin, has its own, called the WASP, to “support critical law enforcement operations in South Texas.”

And the United States Department of Agriculture deploys a drone – named the Bat — to pick up “thermal infrared data” on experimental field sites in Georgia and Alabama.

***snip***

Continue reading: --->
Dee Finney's blog  October 25, 2012  page 350  DRONES IN AMERICA

Forum List

Back