If police use there new drones to kill bad guys will you cheer?

The American citizen you are talking about was out of reach of law enforcement and was actively plotting terrorist attacks on the US. So his death was one in a war, not unconstitutional jurisprudence.

I'll wait for the quotations from the Constitution that say a citizen is entitled to due process except in circumstances A, B, C

So if an American citizen was in Afghanistan and had joined the Taliban and was shooting at our troops, you would expect our troops to say, "Oh. Hey. We can't shoot back at that guy without giving him due process."

You are a fool.

That is not even remotely close to what happened. Ok, show me the declaration of war against Yemen.

Beyond that, none of these arguments matter. You are okay with one man having the power to decide who lives and dies? I'll pass on that bullshit even if the Constitution thinks it is great.

Last edited:
Who said speeding would be the reason? Are you one of those "the government would never turn on its people so we can trust them completely" people?

Or am I one of those sane people who doesn't believe the black helicopters are practicing to...I don't know what. Put us all in camps?

Are the police helicopters Apaches bristling with rockets, missiles, and cannons? No? Then what makes you think their drones will be Predators bristling with Hellfires?

I don't know that they will but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Have you seen police equipment and vehicles?

cops-swatteam.jpg

396104_477252675645572_1080687776_n.jpg

police_tank_2.jpg

Charleston_APC.jpg

Maybe it never happens, I acknowledge that possibility, but the government has done some nasty shit to its own people in the past.

That's true, anyone thinking that the administration doesn't have the cops that will take our weapons needs to see the video on the gun confiscation in New Orleans after Katrina. It didn't matter to those asshole cops who you were or how legal your gun was, they were taking it. They knocked down an old woman in one video.

If YOUR child was missing, or had been kidnapped, you better believe YOU would demand a drone with heat sensors be put into the sky to find him/her.

Funny how people hate the government and cops....until THEY need them.

I could demand that the entire US military and the FBI be put on the case, too.

Wanting ain't getting.

When a child is missing, cops put every available resource on it. Thats one area they do extremely well. If that agency has helicopters, they go up. Neighboring counties and cities often join in. The Amber Alert is activated.

Cops have Auto-License Plate Readers now too. A camera that scans hundreds of license tags at 1 time, and can filter in seconds to ID one particular tag. A drone can be equipped with one.

So if a kidnapped child is known to be in a certain vehicle, a few drones can cover hundreds of miles or roadway in minutes.

The possible lives saved and greater capability with these is huge.

And you are against it? Well, if you truly think LAPD or Podunk County is going to shoot a Hellfire Missile into a crowded street to get a drug dealer...then you are too delusional to reason with.

For the dumbasses:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

You cop haters are hilarious. Especially with the pictures of SWAT teams and calling it "militarized". Lets analyze:

OH GOD NO THEY ARE......

- Wearing body armor? Yep. They may get shot at, and dont wanna die.
- Wearing helmets? Yep, dont wanna get shot in the head, or hit with a blunt object and get hurt/killed.
- Carrying AR15's? Yes. They are FAR more accurate, and thus, create less chance of missing (and hitting someone innocent).
- Riding in armored vehicles? YES. They are cheap from military surplus, and, they too dont wanna get shot while arriving at a dangerous call.
- Wearing OD green BDU's!!! Yeah...why not? What, you want them in pink or orange spandex?

You people are ridiculous.

So there's your quotation from the Constitution, idiot.
ok try to keep up.
Ok, show me the declaration of war against Yemen.

Beyond that, none of these arguments matter. You are okay with one man having the power to decide who lives and dies? I'll pass on that bullshit even if the Constitution thinks it is great.

What part of "public danger" do you not understand? I'm here to help.

LOL PUBLIC DANGER. The guy was in fucking YEMEN. How is that a public danger to Americans?

Again, if you are okay with 1 guy deciding who lives and dies, just say so.

So there's your quotation from the Constitution, idiot.
ok try to keep up.
Ok, show me the declaration of war against Yemen.

The "....or public danger..." part is what allows cops to kill a guy who is shooting up a shopping mall...without a trial or judge present.

Constitutional radicals forget that.

ok try to keep up.

LOL PUBLIC DANGER. The guy was in fucking YEMEN. How is that a public danger to Americans?

And Saddam Hussein was in Iraq, and the only public he invaded was Kuwaits. Whats your point? We have used our military to become the World Police.

Dont like that? Slash the military budget so we cant do it.

This is far too vague, you need to provide an example or examples. And are we to assume this within the United States?

Well it hasn't happened yet so examples are hard to come by, but yes, within the USA.

Say there is a well armed anti-government militia holed up in the woods?
Say there is a murder suspect in what they believe is an empty house?
Say a car is about to cross the border and the occupants are wanted terrorists?

Why not if the scene is secure and isolated and it is believed that innocents are either out of the way or so endangered that the drone is the best way to resolve the situation?

Remember that drones do not kill people, people kill people.

"If" is the most powerful word in the universe.

Domestic law enforcement should never be allowed to use any type of air to surface missile, ever.

And Saddam Hussein was in Iraq, and the only public he invaded was Kuwaits. Whats your point? We have used our military to become the World Police.

Dont like that? Slash the military budget so we cant do it.

I don't like it.

Well it hasn't happened yet so examples are hard to come by, but yes, within the USA.

Say there is a well armed anti-government militia holed up in the woods?
Say there is a murder suspect in what they believe is an empty house?
Say a car is about to cross the border and the occupants are wanted terrorists?

Drones can only be used to surveil, as there is generally no expectation to privacy in public, or even when one is in his own back yard.

Otherwise the notion of law enforcement using drones to kill criminal suspects in the United States is paranoid idiocy.

Well, they use their other weapons to do that so I'm not sure how it is "paranoid idiocy". Are you unaware of police/government sanctioned killings of American citizens?

You seem to think that the killing of al Queda members in far away lands is a bad thing because some were US Citizens. Fact is when you take up arms against your country, your citizenship does not and should not protect you.

University of Virginia School of Law professor Saikrishna Prakash is an expert on constitutional law and presidential powers.

"I believe the 2001 Authorization [for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists] permits the president to use military force against al-Qaida and the Taliban. If the president determines that a U.S. citizen is a member of either group, he may use military force against that citizen. Apparently the president concluded that al-Awlaki was a member of al-Qaida and he further concluded that an attack was warranted. The president's actions were wholly consistent with domestic law."

Can the U.S. Legally Kill Citizens Abroad?

On the one hand, it seems inconceivable that the U.S. government can go around targeting citizens with drones, regardless of whether that happens inside or outside U.S. territory. On the other hand, it seems inconceivable that the U.S. cannot defend itself against an armed enemy, citizen or non-citizen, using military means such as drones.

Drones can only be used to surveil, as there is generally no expectation to privacy in public, or even when one is in his own back yard.

Otherwise the notion of law enforcement using drones to kill criminal suspects in the United States is paranoid idiocy.

Well, they use their other weapons to do that so I'm not sure how it is "paranoid idiocy". Are you unaware of police/government sanctioned killings of American citizens?

You seem to think that the killing of al Queda members in far away lands is a bad thing because some were US Citizens. Fact is when you take up arms against your country, your citizenship does not and should not protect you.

University of Virginia School of Law professor Saikrishna Prakash is an expert on constitutional law and presidential powers.

"I believe the 2001 Authorization [for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists] permits the president to use military force against al-Qaida and the Taliban. If the president determines that a U.S. citizen is a member of either group, he may use military force against that citizen. Apparently the president concluded that al-Awlaki was a member of al-Qaida and he further concluded that an attack was warranted. The president's actions were wholly consistent with domestic law."

Can the U.S. Legally Kill Citizens Abroad?

On the one hand, it seems inconceivable that the U.S. government can go around targeting citizens with drones, regardless of whether that happens inside or outside U.S. territory. On the other hand, it seems inconceivable that the U.S. cannot defend itself against an armed enemy, citizen or non-citizen, using military means such as drones.

Taking up arms is fine. If he had attacked us, I could maybe understand. The reality is we are taking out targets that haven't done anything to us, otherwise, when does it end? We just gonna give whoever is President the power to decide who lives and dies? Meanwhile defense contractors are making billions....

So if I prove you wrong and show innocent people have died, what then? You label dead innocent humans "collateral damage" or consider not killing people so a select few can get rich?

Innocent people die in war fuck nuggets .

Oh okay. Show me the declarations of war against the 8 countries we've drone striked in the last 12 months. Since I know you can't do that, show me a crime that some of the dead terrorists committed. Show me a victim.

I mean you don't just believe people who have proven countless times they will lie to you, right?

"IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons."

The upcoming use of drones in the USA scares poor ole me more than anything since I understood that my right of habeus corpus could be suspended if I was called a "terrorist" by my government. Thank the Patriot Act for that little gem.

Then cameras started being allowed and used by orders of magnitude. Now you can't do shit without getting your picture taken somewhere. I smile all the time?

SO now, eventually, we will have drone aircraft on station somewhere or everywhere, 24/7/365 plus leap years.

I don't like the sound of that.
The technical problems will be overcome. Our industry is good. Lots of money being spent to resolve the problems. They are working on it now.

But it is the industry of building and selling drones that is driving the expansion. Combined with the Patriot Act allowing for domestic survailence, that in the past would have never been tolerated. Back 20 years and earlier government at any level, didn't have the un obtrusive means that they are building now to be able to watch what goes on. Local PD has two officers training as drone pilots right now. Flying a small drone in a warehouse. Just to be prepared for when they can fly outside.

We should all be very afraid at this next level of look, see from our government. Spying on anybody in a truly stealthy manner. I live in SW Ohio and Dayton is a hot bed of drone developement. Get a JC teaching drone piloting. WPAFB runs the drone programs for the Air Force. GE is building a flight research center. This is a big deal with lots of money to be made by government contractors.

And the lobbyist are working it hard to keep the drone industry growing. And spreading the wealth. And it is an easy sell to Congresspeople with the Patriot Act and everything. They gotta keep up safe. Right? And because they have watched the President use drones to kill a bunch of people. Even people that didn't deserve killing got killed.

And took no real heat for it. A few peace niks have been protesting. But not many. Couple people got thrown out of Congressional hearings on drone use.

But that seems about all. And that sucks. I wrote to Obama that killing by drone like we are now doing is not what I want my country to do. To many mistakes and waging an air war within countries that we aren't supposed to be at war with. This is getting fuked up and all that IMO.

Police and SWAT teams have become "militarized" for a reason: They're tired of seeing their coworkers needlessly killed. Cops are being ambushed and killed all over the place. Check. Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP)

Cops dont want to die on duty. They dont care if you are offended by how they dress or what gear and equipment they use. The BEST way to go into a gunfight is the military way. With superior firepower, training and equipment. So...cops and SWAT teams are doing just that. Getting the best training, gear and equipment they can, which so happens to be military stuff. After all, it may not be Baghdad, but a gunfight is a gunfight. 9mm and AK bullets travel the same speed in Kabul as they do in Houston or Detroit.

And, the world is globalizing. And in most countries, the military has historically had a major role in domestic policing. America having the military and police almost exclusively apart from each other is quite unique.

But if you are waiting for the cops to apologize for "militarizing" to prep for all the gunfire they end up recieiving lately, well, dont hold your breathe.

Asshole attitudes like yours that get into the police force are why cops get killed...... when the cops that we pay for start thinking they are Judge and Jury they need to be taken out. The fact that you cheer leaded for a guy that is obviously anti-America and wants to destroy the way I have lived for the last 58 years because his alcoholic daddy left him......That should disqualify you from military or police force service for lack of character. I wouldn't trust you to pick up a road kill.

Forum List

Back