If police use there new drones to kill bad guys will you cheer?

I mean we will probably see that day sooner or later.

edit: their* gotta quit using my iphone

One thing that is always learned the hard way is that we can't ever trust leaders with umlimited power. People always fall for the same crap, that government will do things to keep people safe and giving up a little bit of liberty is in the best interest of everyone.

Some people believe that the Patriot Act only affects terrorists or that means of spying/killing will only affect bad guys.

If government, police and DAs had a near 100% track record of getting it right, maybe it would be okay. Fact is, they often get it wrong. The Innocence Project has proven that many innocent people ended up in jail and getting them out, even with positive proof of their innocence, is difficult at best.

Government is better at creating problems than fixing them, so anyone who would put their well being solely in their hands is just crazy.

Humans make mistakes and they can lie and cheat for the sake of their careers. How many DAs successfully prosecuted innocent people or how many police served up an innocent person to the DA because they were pressured, dishonest or had a grudge against a person? Politicians especially can't be trusted.

There will always be dishonest and vengeful people who will go into law enforcement or the government and will use the tools handed to them to use in their duties against people for personal or political reasons.

We have a system of justice for handling criminals in this country. We should focus on keeping that system honest and finding ways to improve it. Anyone currently against the death penalty will be a complete hypocrite if they condone use of drones or the president's unlimited power to kill citizens here and abroad without benefit of a trial.

I don't know that they will but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Have you seen police equipment and vehicles?

I have, and I have been a frequent critic of the militarization of our police. They are becoming a domestic military.

Well, then don't be so skeptical of the premise. It is okay to alert people to what is going on and put an image of what could come of it in there heads. Society says yes way too often to the powers that be.

Indeed society does.

However, I believe one of the chief reasons neocons, Libertarians, whathaveyou are losing debates is because of the over-the-top rhetoric and outright falsehoods. They are flaming the bejeesus out of illusions of their own creation while the real bad guys destroying our country skip along unmolested.

Conservatives won by Reason, not by bullshit and stupidity. Used to be a Conservative was the smartest person in the room. Nowadays, too many are in the corner drooling on themselves and muttering gibberish.

This is far too vague, you need to provide an example or examples. And are we to assume this within the United States?

Well it hasn't happened yet so examples are hard to come by, but yes, within the USA.

Say there is a well armed anti-government militia holed up in the woods?
Say there is a murder suspect in what they believe is an empty house?
Say a car is about to cross the border and the occupants are wanted terrorists?

Drones can only be used to surveil, as there is generally no expectation to privacy in public, or even when one is in his own back yard.

Otherwise the notion of law enforcement using drones to kill criminal suspects in the United States is paranoid idiocy.

Does Seeing model airplanes and cars make you piss yourself????? Are you afraid they might find your grow plot?

You're a partisan hack bordering on a troll, move along.

You'd let the government check your asshole for bombs at the airport if they told you it would make you safe. You also have tried to rationalize killing children to me before so I'll pass on conversation.

I am only partisan to assholes who think american soldiers are mass murders like your stupid ass.

Does Seeing model airplanes and cars make you piss yourself????? Are you afraid they might find your grow plot?

You'd let the government check your asshole for bombs at the airport if they told you it would make you safe. You also have tried to rationalize killing children to me before so I'll pass on conversation.

I am only partisan to assholes who think american soldiers are mass murders like your stupid ass.

Who said anything about soldiers? I'm sure most strikes are done by the CIA or one of the other acronyms.

If you don't think soldiers occasionally murder people you are dumb as fuck or really ignorant of history.

This is far too vague, you need to provide an example or examples. And are we to assume this within the United States?

Well it hasn't happened yet so examples are hard to come by, but yes, within the USA.

Say there is a well armed anti-government militia holed up in the woods?
Say there is a murder suspect in what they believe is an empty house?
Say a car is about to cross the border and the occupants are wanted terrorists?

Drones can only be used to surveil, as there is generally no expectation to privacy in public, or even when one is in his own back yard.

Otherwise the notion of law enforcement using drones to kill criminal suspects in the United States is paranoid idiocy.

Well, they use their other weapons to do that so I'm not sure how it is "paranoid idiocy". Are you unaware of police/government sanctioned killings of American citizens?

Who said anything about soldiers? I'm sure most strikes are done by the CIA or one of the other acronyms.

If you don't think soldiers occasionally murder people you are dumb as fuck or really ignorant of history.
Why the fuck do you think is flying those drones idiot?

You consider CIA staff to be soldiers?

Whatever, the point is moot and works against you either way, if it is soldiers, then it is 100% irrefutable proof that soldiers do kill innocent people and at least one soldier killed an American citizen without due process.

Whatever, the point is moot and works against you either way, if it is soldiers, then it is 100% irrefutable proof that soldiers do kill innocent people and at least one soldier killed an American citizen without due process.
You foil hat is on to tight.

No one in the government would kill US citizens without due process. Just won't happen.

29066174.jpg

can it be both????

Sarcasm of course cause the government has already killed American citizens without due process. Predator drones make it very easy.

Or am I one of those sane people who doesn't believe the black helicopters are practicing to...I don't know what. Put us all in camps?

Are the police helicopters Apaches bristling with rockets, missiles, and cannons? No? Then what makes you think their drones will be Predators bristling with Hellfires?

I don't know that they will but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. Have you seen police equipment and vehicles?

I have, and I have been a frequent critic of the militarization of our police. They are becoming a domestic military.

this should scare the crap out of anyone, why in the hell were those people clapping?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s]Obama Civilian Security - YouTube[/ame]

So if I prove you wrong and show innocent people have died, what then? You label dead innocent humans "collateral damage" or consider not killing people so a select few can get rich?

If a drone took out a new Timothy McVeigh in a truck full of explosives on his way to a federal building,

should I not cheer?

Do the NRA nutters want rights to own and operate drones - same as military and police?

So if I prove you wrong and show innocent people have died, what then? You label dead innocent humans "collateral damage" or consider not killing people so a select few can get rich?

Innocent people die in war fuck nuggets .

Innocent people die in war fuck nuggets .

Oh okay. Show me the declarations of war against the 8 countries we've drone striked in the last 12 months. Since I know you can't do that, show me a crime that some of the dead terrorists committed. Show me a victim.

I mean you don't just believe people who have proven countless times they will lie to you, right?

Police and SWAT teams have become "militarized" for a reason: They're tired of seeing their coworkers needlessly killed. Cops are being ambushed and killed all over the place. Check. Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP)

Cops dont want to die on duty. They dont care if you are offended by how they dress or what gear and equipment they use. The BEST way to go into a gunfight is the military way. With superior firepower, training and equipment. So...cops and SWAT teams are doing just that. Getting the best training, gear and equipment they can, which so happens to be military stuff. After all, it may not be Baghdad, but a gunfight is a gunfight. 9mm and AK bullets travel the same speed in Kabul as they do in Houston or Detroit.

And, the world is globalizing. And in most countries, the military has historically had a major role in domestic policing. America having the military and police almost exclusively apart from each other is quite unique.

But if you are waiting for the cops to apologize for "militarizing" to prep for all the gunfire they end up recieiving lately, well, dont hold your breathe.

Absolutely fucking NOT. Do you people not understand that U.S. citizens are entitled to due process? That a "bad" guy is entitled to a trial through due process, and is not to be executed on the whim of someone driving a drone?!?!

Forum List

Back