If the american people is so against ACA, why can't they pass the repeal bill

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
If everybody is hating on Obamacare and don't want it, why is it so hard to repeal it? To hear Trump and the GOP all last year whine about ACA, you'd think that repealing the bill would take less than second or two to do. And why don't Mitch pull one of his nuclear option moves and just pass the bill with what ever votes he got....??? I for one want them to repeal and replace.....I want the american stupid who never supported Obama one damned bit, to miss the water when the well goes dry.

Spineless collectivist cowards in both parties.

You don't see the few libertarian leaning Congressmen hesitating to repeal this awful law.

Because most of the Republicans know they can't come up with anything better when they're ideologically and politically obligated to minimize the role of government.

This argument was over as of the 2008 elections. The entitlements are in, and they can't be taken away. The only question is what we'll end up with.

So the OP agrees that something needs done to a bill that is crap. The reason there isn't more outrage is that 80 percent of the people are not all that effected by Obamacare. They receive their benefits through their company and thus could give a crap less about anyone else or the country for that matter.

The democrats can't support something other then Obamacare. They sold their souls to pass Obamacare to vote against it now is not in their moral makeup. So let's just keep blaming Republicans for not fixing the Democrat f..k up.

If everybody is hating on Obamacare and don't want it, why is it so hard to repeal it? To hear Trump and the GOP all last year whine about ACA, you'd think that repealing the bill would take less than second or two to do. And why don't Mitch pull one of his nuclear option moves and just pass the bill with what ever votes he got....??? I for one want them to repeal and replace.....I want the american stupid who never supported Obama one damned bit, to miss the water when the well goes dry.
They "is" going to pay for it come election time

• Banned
Clearly Obamacare isn't a bad bill, clearly the majority of the american people are cool with it...so why do the GOP continue as with you morons, call this a bad bill and that the american people are against it??? And why for the last 8 years haven't they come up with something better?

I'm curious to know if you would rather the reps had just crammed a bill through without debate? You know like the dems did with obamacare.

They got caught up in believing they could replace it with something better. The government should not be involved in anyone's health care, period. Repeal and don't replace. Instead pass laws giving insurance companies more freedom and laws to lower health care costs.

Funny though, liberals are already calling for single-payer. Why the need for single-payer if ACA is so great?

Clearly Obamacare isn't a bad bill, clearly the majority of the american people are cool with it.

Clearly that is false. Since the promise to try and repeal the ACA is what got them elected and giving them a majority in both houses and the presidency. The fact that they aren't doing so just shows they can't give up their individual egos for the good of the country. I do agree that folks like you that depend on the freebies like it so you can continue to get something with other peoples money.

Forum List

Back