If the GOP Convention Looks Too Dangerous, Have Delegates Vote Remotely..

Trump's face is like placing a Bozo the Clown logo over all republican candidates this Fall. The GOP simply can't risk that. So this rule would facilitate the proper candidate and representative of sober conservative values to promote victories for the GOP in both the Congress and POTUS.
And now it's time for the adults to talk.
The DNC knows that FOX will be live streaming EVERY violent LIB protester outside the convention.
The GOP has hundreds of 'passive' Trump supporters who have been trained just stand there and let the LIB commit violence on them.
EVERY time that is broadcast to the country Hillary loses another 50K Independants to Trump.

You sit around all day making these silly scenarios up, don't you?

I keep hearing right wingers claim Democrats are going to violently disrupt the GOP convention, but other than those RWNJ claims, I haven't seen any reason to believe it. Could somebody show me rational, credible reason to believe that Democrats, or anyone else is planning on disrupting that convention more than the Republicans intend to do themselves? After all, to Trump, or not to Trump is your decision, not ours.
Why wouldn't you believe it after San Jose? Are you with stupid?

No, I'm not with you.

The Cleveland Police should have NO presence whatsoever at the convention. All security should be handled by the Secret Service and the Ohio National Guard. The policy should be crystal-clear and announced in advance: rioters will be shot.

Yeah...cuz shooting protestors will render in lots of votes for the GOP in the Fall.

How stupid do you think the GOP management is? Remote delegate voting will simply eliminate any effect of any protest anyway...since the libs are designing violence to intimidate delegates from showing up/voting so that Trump seals the nomination...so that Hillary wins...

Circumvent. Enact a new rule. How simple could it be?

I keep hearing right wingers claim Democrats are going to violently disrupt the GOP convention, but other than those RWNJ claims, I haven't seen any reason to believe it. Could somebody show me rational, credible reason to believe that Democrats, or anyone else is planning on disrupting that convention more than the Republicans intend to do themselves? After all, to Trump, or not to Trump is your decision, not ours.
Why wouldn't you believe it after San Jose? Are you with stupid?

No, I'm not with you.
Yes we know that you are with stupid. It's stamped on yer forehead.

I'm wondering, on topic, if any of you have any reasons why a remote vote rule could not be enacted by the GOP to bypass the liberal "violence to get Trump the nomination" tactic? Anyone?

I'm wondering, on topic, if any of you have any reasons why a remote vote rule could not be enacted by the GOP to bypass the liberal "violence to get Trump the nomination" tactic? Anyone?

Because it's a convention. People gather at conventions, hear speeches, party a lot and vote on a nominee. Now if the democrats want to show their asses outside as they did in San Jose they will make the news in a negative way. And, yes, Trump supporters should arm themselves and defend themselves from the violence.

And now it's time for the adults to talk.
The DNC knows that FOX will be live streaming EVERY violent LIB protester outside the convention.
The GOP has hundreds of 'passive' Trump supporters who have been trained just stand there and let the LIB commit violence on them.
EVERY time that is broadcast to the country Hillary loses another 50K Independants to Trump.
Nixon won in 1968 because of liberal violence in Chicago. So what are the liberals going to do in Clveland? Commit violence.

The Cleveland Police should have NO presence whatsoever at the convention. All security should be handled by the Secret Service and the Ohio National Guard. The policy should be crystal-clear and announced in advance: rioters will be shot.

Yeah...cuz shooting protestors will render in lots of votes for the GOP in the Fall.

How stupid do you think the GOP management is? Remote delegate voting will simply eliminate any effect of any protest anyway...since the libs are designing violence to intimidate delegates from showing up/voting so that Trump seals the nomination...so that Hillary wins...

get back on your mess. There will be no need for remote votes. The delegates will be safe.

get back on your mess. There will be no need for remote votes. The delegates will be safe.
No need for remote votes. The vote already happened.

They already had the vote. Trump won 87 to 12. Trump will go on to accept the nomination.

That's a good reason to not have a remote vote. It's over.
Yes, where 2/3rds of republicans voted against Trump. Freed delegates and a remote vote means it's not over.. A political party must not commit suicide because of technicalities.

They already had the vote. Trump won 87 to 12. Trump will go on to accept the nomination.

That's a good reason to not have a remote vote. It's over.
Yes, where 2/3rds of republicans voted against Trump. Freed delegates and a remote vote means it's not over.. A political party must not commit suicide because of technicalities.
It's over Trump won with only 12 votes agsinst him.

Anti-Donald Trump movement quashed in Cleveland - CNNPolitics.com

It's over Trump won with only 12 votes agsinst him.

Have fun in your parallel universe. Meanwhile I think we both know why you'd be afraid of all the delegates being freed to vote (at convention and remotely) how they see best for the GOP... :popcorn:

A simple rule change. "Delegates can now vote remotely also with a notary public's witness". If you're so cock-sure Trump is the party's pick, you'd have no qualms about all the delegates freed & affirming that at convention and remotely. There's no law that says "delegates can't change their minds after seeing radical reasons to do so since their state voted"..

Nope not a problem. You might deny the vote ever happened again. Trump is the nominee. He has the votes.

I read the words "almost impossible" to block Trump from the nomination. Keyword: "almost"...

Nope not a problem. You might deny the vote ever happened again. Trump is the nominee. He has the votes.
He has OLD votes from people who have changed their minds. Now what? Force them to buy a product that failed on them before it even got out of the box?

Nobody in the GOP will speak on his behalf. He has to rely on washed up celebrities to speak. Seems the GOP doesn't have to be required to hogtie itself to a guaranteed loss for POTUS and all the Congressional seats endangered by having Bozo the Clown be the new face of the GOP...

Old votes? From July 15!

It doesn't matter. You can think whatever you want. You think that there will be a vote during the convention itself. No. If Trump had lost the vote on the 15th, it would come to a floor fight. But, he didn't he won.

Old votes? From July 15!

It doesn't matter. You can think whatever you want. You think that there will be a vote during the convention itself. No. If Trump had lost the vote on the 15th, it would come to a floor fight. But, he didn't he won.

It does matter if millions of people who voted for Trump no longer want him...and the delegates never did want him. You're saying democracy doesn't matter? You DO seem rather intent that Trump gets the nomination don't you? Hillary supporter?

As you yourself said, "almost" impossible to reverse. Keyword: "almost". The GOP must not be required to sew an emblem of Bozo the Clown onto their collective lapel..

Forum List

Back