Zone1 If the US were to declare itself a Christian nation, what version of Christianity would you think it would be?

If the US declared itself a Christian nation, what version of Christianity would it be?

• Roman Catholic

• Protestant (name the denomination in a comment)

• Mormon

• Generic Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why a religious list that no one follows in a government building?
Law and the Constitution are founded on the Ten Commandments. To understand this you would have to understand that it was supposed to be written by the hand of God and so could not be change nor broken by even the latest big enchilada.

These are abstractions far beyond your limited grasp.

I do not love politicians, that's more of a right winger kind of thing.
Here is the deal, you are apart of the Left wing cult/religion

The rules are, you can teach your cult to school children by telling them such things as they are either a victim or a vicimizer because of the color of their skin, or they can change their gender/sex, and how you will then help them transition into another sex before they are even old enough to have sex.

Meanwhile, if I so much as suggest kids can pray in school, people like you act like snowflakes as you scream separation of church and state. Why:? Because I believe in a God. Oh the inhumanity!!!!

Now go play in the street.

The rules are, you can teach your cult to school children by telling them such things as they are either a victim or a vicimizer because of the color of their skin, or they can change their gender/sex, and how you will then help them transition into another sex before they are even old enough to have sex.

Meanwhile, if I so much as suggest kids can pray in school, people like you act like snowflakes as you scream separation of church and state. Why:? Because I believe in a God. Oh the inhumanity!!!!

Religion is is a personal relationship between you and your God. Keep your faith to yourself and you will never hear a complaint from me. The very second zealots get a little power they immediately try to ban sin. They just can't leave people alone to find heaven of hell on their own terms.

Religion is is a personal relationship between you and your God. Keep your faith to yourself and you will never hear a complaint from me. The very second zealots get a little power they immediately try to ban sin. They just can't leave people alone to find heaven of hell on their own terms.
Religion is a belief on how you should live your life and how others should live their lives which is why most avoid the topic of religion or politics.

Whether you put a God in that equation or not is up to you.

But since you don't believe in a God, you think you are free to dictate to others and claim it is all based on science, which is a lie, but it is what you do.

Religion is a belief on how you should live your life and how others should live their lives which is why most avoid the topic of religion or politics.

Whether you put a God in that equation or not is up to you.

But since you don't believe in a God, you think you are free to dictate to others and claim it is all based on science, which is a lie, but it is what you do.
I mind my own business. The religious zealot is incapable of that. Where does free will figure into the Christian nation argument?

Law and the Constitution are founded on the Ten Commandments. To understand this you would have to understand that it was supposed to be written by the hand of God and so could not be change nor broken by even the latest big enchilada.

These are abstractions far beyond your limited grasp.

That is simply inaccurate. The only parts of the 10 Commandments that are actual laws are Thou Shall Not Murder and Thou Shall Not Steal. Pretty much every culture has had laws against stealing and murder. And that includes the Code of Hammurabi, which predates the 10 Commandments.

There are two more commandments that can be laws in certain circumstances. For example, Thou Shall Not Bear False Witness Against Your Neighbor. If you lie to a police officer or under oath, it is against the law. But just telling a lie about your neighbor is not illegal. The same applies to the commandment forbidding adultery. It is not illegal in all cases.

The rest of the 10 Commandments are not laws. In fact, the first 4 commandments are strictly religious rules for Judeo-Christians.

People should be free to find God on their own terms and not talked down to by people like yourself who could care less about God.

"People should be free to find God on their own terms and not talked down to by people like yourself who hate God."

FIFY.

First, let me say that I am adamantly opposed to the amending of the 1st amendment. I think our current way of doing it is far superior. And I would fight against the US adopting ANY official religion.

But the topic has been discussed in other threads, so I wanted to ask this question.

It would be fun to watch ... People would be throwing each other under the bus ...
Kind of like Libertarians arguing for hours with each other about who is actually a Libertarian.

I do.

All of you leftists do.

Not being a leftist, that does not apply.

Being an atheist means I do not believe in God as religions do. Why would I hate something I do not believe exists? But I won't stand for someone forcing their beliefs me.

I also do not hate people who believe in God or in their religion. I am happy that they found something they can believe in.

That is simply inaccurate. The only parts of the 10 Commandments that are actual laws are Thou Shall Not Murder and Thou Shall Not Steal. Pretty much every culture has had laws against stealing and murder. And that includes the Code of Hammurabi, which predates the 10 Commandments.

There are two more commandments that can be laws in certain circumstances. For example, Thou Shall Not Bear False Witness Against Your Neighbor. If you lie to a police officer or under oath, it is against the law. But just telling a lie about your neighbor is not illegal. The same applies to the commandment forbidding adultery. It is not illegal in all cases.

The rest of the 10 Commandments are not laws. In fact, the first 4 commandments are strictly religious rules for Judeo-Christians.
As with many other things, my comment sailed way over your head.

I tire of the abject stupidity here.

Why not follow the teachings of Jesus on prayer?

Jesus’ teaching on prayer (Matthew 6:5-8)​

Summary​

Jesus taught, “When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men … but when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.”

Not being a leftist, that does not apply.

Being an atheist means I do not believe in God as religions do. Why would I hate something I do not believe exists? But I won't stand for someone forcing their beliefs me.

I also do not hate people who believe in God or in their religion. I am happy that they found something they can believe in.

It's okay. We know that your faith allows you to lie.

Forum List

Back