If Trump is so friendly with Putin..why did he select Dan Coats for the head of DNI?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Why did Trump pick a guy who was banned from Russia because of his antagonism to Putin?

Trump selects former Indiana Sen. Dan Coats for DNI

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ntering-russia-retaliation-sanctions/6661473/

WASHINGTON – Sen. Dan Coats’ efforts to punish Russia because of Moscow’s move to annex the Crimea region of Ukraine has gotten him banned from the country.

“While I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to go on vacation with my family in Siberia this summer, I am honored to be on this list,” the Indiana Republican said after Russia’s announcement Thursday.

Just minutes after President Barack Obama announced more sanctions on high-level Russian officials and associates of Russian President Vladimir Putin, the Russian Foreign Ministry released a list of six members of Congress and three White House aides who are now banned from entering the country.

-------

Coats, a former U.S. ambassador to Germany and a member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, has continued to urge action. He argued in a recent opinion piece on CNN’s website that the sanctions Obama initially imposed against 11 Russian and Ukrainian officials were not enough.

“Putin’s recent aggression is unacceptable, and America must join with our European allies to isolate and punish Russia,” Coats said Thursday. “I will continue to lead efforts on Capitol Hill to bring Putin to his senses.”

Forum List

Back