If we all came from 2 people

GENESIS
How is a 2000+ year old book a "modern misconception?" My gawd man...
So pre adamic theory WAS created by pagans? :rofl:
You are boring AND dumb. Sucks dude. You have my sympathy.

I'm dumb because you are ignorant? Yeah, right. You think your beliefs discount the facts? WRONG.

What's with this game wherein I tell you that IF the pagans tell some story about preadamic man, they took it from biblical sources, you come back with that idiotic line it "WAS created by pagans?"

The real deal is, you obviously read at a fifth grade level and you spend way too much time on the Internet pretending to be honing your imagined superior reasoning skills. If you're going to discuss this topic, you must first decide to be rational, respectful and when someone presents you with facts, deal with them.

Created or evolved - creation.com

Your childishness doesn't impress me and I pity anyone stupid enough to think you have been in any serious discussion over this issue.
You didnt say "if"
Dude, that link states the world is 6K years old :rofl:
You are sitting there stating the people that wrote the OT started a pagan belief that contradicts their books.
You are sitting there adding shit to the bible that isnt there and discrediting what it actually says.
And you have the gall to talk about me?
You are a fucking joke.
There were no stars or planets until the 4th “day” so we don’t know, by today’s measurements, how old the universe or our solar system is.
Of course we know how old the universe is, 13.8 billion years old. Now you know.
We all know the age of the universe.
Fundamentalists, who take English translations literally, are stuck.
Honest men can have honest differences of opinion.

I'm dumb because you are ignorant? Yeah, right. You think your beliefs discount the facts? WRONG.

What's with this game wherein I tell you that IF the pagans tell some story about preadamic man, they took it from biblical sources, you come back with that idiotic line it "WAS created by pagans?"

The real deal is, you obviously read at a fifth grade level and you spend way too much time on the Internet pretending to be honing your imagined superior reasoning skills. If you're going to discuss this topic, you must first decide to be rational, respectful and when someone presents you with facts, deal with them.

Your childishness doesn't impress me and I pity anyone stupid enough to think you have been in any serious discussion over this issue.
You didnt say "if"
You are sitting there stating the people that wrote the OT started a pagan belief that contradicts their books.
You are sitting there adding shit to the bible that isnt there and discrediting what it actually says.
You are a fucking joke.
There were no stars or planets until the 4th “day” so we don’t know, by today’s measurements, how old the universe or our solar system is.
Of course we know how old the universe is, 13.8 billion years old. Now you know.
says a known liar :oops8:

You didnt say "if"
You are a fucking joke.
When one has truth on his side, he argues facts.

When one has logic on his side, he argues reason.

When one has neither, he does what you just did.

Dude................Adam and Eve weren't kicked out of the Garden because they "were getting it on", they were kicked out because they ate of the apple from the Tree of Knowledge, and when asked about it, they didn't take responsibility for their actions, choosing instead to blame each other and the serpent.

As far as the flood? God had seen that because of the angels mating with the daughters of Eve (humans), they had created Nephilim, which are half angel and half human. Think of a human with superpowers who doesn't know what kind of power they wield. And, the angels had also taught mankind things like magic and war, which is why God found one righteous man and decided to save him and his family (Noah).

And, interestingly enough, according to both the Jewish tradition and the Gospel of Thomas, nobody stays in hell forever. Think of it as more like a place to get clean and be purged of your sins before you rejoin God in Heaven. Christians are the ones who like to tell others they will go to hell for eternity.
Just curious, do you think that these things actually happened? Because the rest of the believers here don't seem to. As in, a real worldwide flood? An actual placed called Eden? An actual place called hell?
Dude................Adam and Eve weren't kicked out of the Garden because they "were getting it on", they were kicked out because they ate of the apple from the Tree of Knowledge, and when asked about it, they didn't take responsibility for their actions, choosing instead to blame each other and the serpent.

As far as the flood? God had seen that because of the angels mating with the daughters of Eve (humans), they had created Nephilim, which are half angel and half human. Think of a human with superpowers who doesn't know what kind of power they wield. And, the angels had also taught mankind things like magic and war, which is why God found one righteous man and decided to save him and his family (Noah).

And, interestingly enough, according to both the Jewish tradition and the Gospel of Thomas, nobody stays in hell forever. Think of it as more like a place to get clean and be purged of your sins before you rejoin God in Heaven. Christians are the ones who like to tell others they will go to hell for eternity.
Just curious, do you think that these things actually happened? Because the rest of the believers here don't seem to. As in, a real worldwide flood? An actual placed called Eden? An actual place called hell?

There are all kinds of beliefs regarding the Bible. I believe, based upon the weight of the evidence:

1) That God created man and a "pre-Adamic man." Whether that man was one man and Adam is an eighth day creation is speculative, but pre-Adamic man can (and most likely is) also the "chay" as it is called in Hebrew. By either theory, we can account for preadamites

2) When Eve enters the Garden of Eden and sins, the offense was a sexual offense (which is why God made the punishment of childbirth to be so painful for a woman.) The Eve ate the apple story is a metaphor for what happened

the two seeds of genesis 3 15 my study | Cain And Abel | Serpents In The Bible

3) Whether the flood was world wide or local, it does not change the bottom line. And the bottom line is, IF the flood were world wide, Noah still took two of every living creature onto the Ark, which would include those "beasts" with the hands, feet, power of speech that work for hire, wear sack cloth, and cry mightily unto God (references given in one of my earlier posts on this thread.)

4) There was a real Garden of Eden; there is a real physical Devil with offspring; there is a place called Hell
So what is your "overwhelming" proof of 1, 2, 3 and 4? And how would Noah have gotten kangaroos from Australia and back again?
You still insist that no scientists say there use to be one land mass.
There used to be one land mass 250 million years ago and there were also DINOSAURS at that time. Is that when the flood happened?
I’ll let you know when a company other than Western Digital can make a hard drive last more than 3 years.
You know, your worship of science vs my listening to various opinions of things that can’t readily be proven.

genesis states adam was alone. It says that god didnt even make it rain yet. What human can live without plants and water?
Corinthians states h“The first man Adam became a living being”;5 ithe last Adam became a jlife-giving spirit.
Maybe the bible is just completely inconsistent.

Lots of crap; no quote from the Bible.
I have quoted it, actually. Corinthians is quoted in THAT post and its from the bible

Chapter, verse, version
Genesis chapter 2-18
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

5And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

9And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

10And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

11The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;

12And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

13And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

14And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

15And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

16And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

18And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

1 Corinthians 15:45 New International Version (NIV)
New International Version
So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

The NIV is not a canonical book of the Bible, but a paraphrase. Besides there are TWO words in that verse: man / Adam. Go back to what I told you earlier about the two different men. Adam man (Genesis chapter 2) and "man" of Genesis 1.

And your argument STILL does you no good. What about the chay? How about the pertinent verses in that chapter that dismantle your entire argument?
Still in the bible..
If Adam meant one person, or 150K, would it matter, though? Its still the first..

Don't buy Western Digital. Buy Seagate.

Of course they will all be solid state soon enough and the problem will be solved then.

3) Whether the flood was world wide or local, it does not change the bottom line. And the bottom line is, IF the flood were world wide, Noah still took two of every living creature onto the Ark, which would include those "beasts" with the hands, feet, power of speech that work for hire, wear sack cloth, and cry mightily unto God (references given in one of my earlier posts on this thread.)
exactly.

The "wild beasts" in scripture usually refer to what the authors perceived as less evolved knuckle dragging barbarians.

That would make the question of kangaroos irrelevant.

It doesn't even refer to pre-Adamic beings as being wild. See post # 40 in this thread. The child trolling this thread has yet to respond to that set of facts.

Did you ever consider that the trees in eden whose fruit was pleasing to the eye and good to eat also represented pre-Adamic beings....

That is pretty much in line with the narrative. It can very well be that trees are metaphors, but that "eat" might mean to partake of for the purposes of edification.

I have quoted it, actually. Corinthians is quoted in THAT post and its from the bible

Chapter, verse, version
Genesis chapter 2-18
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

5And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

9And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

10And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

11The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;

13And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

14And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

15And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

16And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

18And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

The NIV is not a canonical book of the Bible, but a paraphrase. Besides there are TWO words in that verse: man / Adam. Go back to what I told you earlier about the two different men. Adam man (Genesis chapter 2) and "man" of Genesis 1.

And your argument STILL does you no good. What about the chay? How about the pertinent verses in that chapter that dismantle your entire argument?
Still in the bible..
If Adam meant one person, or 150K, would it matter, though? Its still the first..
Fascinating angle.

exactly.

The "wild beasts" in scripture usually refer to what the authors perceived as less evolved knuckle dragging barbarians.

That would make the question of kangaroos irrelevant.

It doesn't even refer to pre-Adamic beings as being wild. See post # 40 in this thread. The child trolling this thread has yet to respond to that set of facts.

Did you ever consider that the trees in eden whose fruit was pleasing to the eye and good to eat also represented pre-Adamic beings....

That is pretty much in line with the narrative. It can very well be that trees are metaphors, but that "eat" might mean to partake of for the purposes of edification.
Genesis is allegorical. It starts with the allegorical account of Creation. After every step God would say "and it was good." So basically everything God created was good. Which makes sense because things like evil, darkness and cold or not extant. They don't exist on their own. They exist as the absence of something else. Cold is the absence of heat. Darkness is the absence of light. And evil is the absence of good.

Man knows right from wrong, but when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong, he rationalizes that he didn't violate it. After Adam and Eve had sinned and realized they were naked, they hid when they heard God coming. They hid because they knew that they had done wrong. Then when God asked point blank if they had done it, they rationalized that it wasn't their fault. Adam, did you eat the apple? The woman you made gave it to me. Eve did you eat the apple? The serpent deceived me.

Man is the only animal capable of knowledge of good and evil. No other creature has this concept. Sure animals can have empathy, but not like man. Animals function on impulse and instinct. Man functions on these too, but in man's case he has the unique ability to override his impulses and instinct for the sake of good. That is free will. It's a choice. Everything is choice.

I don't believe that Genesis is implying that had Adam and Eve never committed the original sin, we would live in paradise forever. I believe Genesis is saying that man has the capacity to do good and evil. So then the question begs why did God create such a world. I believe that that is an artifact of life. In other words, I don't believe God had a choice. It is part and parcel of the extant nature of good. I know people will howl that I said God had no choice but the reality is there are things God can't do. For instance, God can't oppose Himself; He can't go against His own nature.

So there are two very interesting things which come out of free will. One is that evil has the effect of making good better. It's like salt and sugar. Salt makes sugar taste sweeter. We are told elsewhere that He uses all things for the good of those who love Him. Among other things the Jews discovered is that there is meaning in suffering. 07 Judaism

The other interesting thing is that good has no meaning unless there is evil. In other words, it is not virtuous if you are forced to be virtuous.

In closing, man prefers good over evil. We don't do evil for evil's sake. We do evil for the sake of our own good and when we do, we rationalize that we didn't do evil. But from these acts, goodness will arise and we will be stronger for it. It is a self compensating feature whose sole purpose is to propel consciousness to the next rung in the anthropological ladder.

Chapter, verse, version
Genesis chapter 2-18

Still in the bible..
Fascinating angle.
Thank you, i agree :D

There are all kinds of beliefs regarding the Bible. I believe, based upon the weight of the evidence:

1) That God created man and a "pre-Adamic man." Whether that man was one man and Adam is an eighth day creation is speculative, but pre-Adamic man can (and most likely is) also the "chay" as it is called in Hebrew. By either theory, we can account for preadamites

2) When Eve enters the Garden of Eden and sins, the offense was a sexual offense (which is why God made the punishment of childbirth to be so painful for a woman.) The Eve ate the apple story is a metaphor for what happened

4) There was a real Garden of Eden; there is a real physical Devil with offspring; there is a place called Hell
So what is your "overwhelming" proof of 1, 2, 3 and 4? And how would Noah have gotten kangaroos from Australia and back again?
There used to be one land mass 250 million years ago and there were also DINOSAURS at that time. Is that when the flood happened?
Who knows? What we do know is that every major culture has an account of a great flood.

The Chinese even captured the account as symbols in their written language 1500 years before Moses penned the account in Genesis.

And yet you still want to pretend it is a fairy tale that never happened.

You probably think the account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization is a fairy tale too.
The bible says worldwide flood. That's the fairy tale that has no supporting geologic record. Agreed?

You didnt say "if"
You are a fucking joke.

You called Ding a liar???? Trolling must be a full time occupation for you.

Chapter, verse, version
Genesis chapter 2-18

Still in the bible..
Fascinating angle.
Inherent in all beginnings is a first.

You dont know ding. Which isnt surprising because you dont know yourself either.

Who knows? What we do know is that every major culture has an account of a great flood.

The Chinese even captured the account as symbols in their written language 1500 years before Moses penned the account in Genesis.

And yet you still want to pretend it is a fairy tale that never happened.

You probably think the account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization is a fairy tale too.
The bible says worldwide flood. That's the fairy tale that has no supporting geologic record. Agreed?
Can you tell me how the geologic record records floods?

Chapter, verse, version
Genesis chapter 2-18

Still in the bible..

Your post makes no sense. Try again.

You didnt say "if"
You are a fucking joke.
We believe we know the approximate age of the universe.

The fact that Taz thinks he knows the approximate age of the universe means that he believes the universe had a beginning. Something they knew over 4500 years ago.
Everything in nature has a beginning, so it's not a stretch for even the simpletons of the time to conceive of a beginning for "creation". Was exactly do you think that proves that they guessed it 4500 years ago?

You dont know ding. Which isnt surprising because you dont know yourself either.
Why don't you tell us all about ding, TN?

Forum List

Back