If you believe you don't have to do good works to attain Heaven.. u make Jesus out to be a liar

Read Mt 2531 and you will see what I'm saying..

Then there was the psg where He says Go and sin no more

then there is, I believe it is Mt 5:48

Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect...

Does God abstain from doing good works? Well, He certainly did not abstain from such when He came to Earth to die on a Cross for us... a good work that tortured and killed Him...

But we don't have to do good works...?
I have never understood the Protestant difficulty with good works. They make it sound like you don't have to do them to get to Heaven. Of course you do.
Loving others is the same as doing good works, and if we don't love others, we can't get into Heaven. The biblical point is good works alone and in and of themselves will not get you to Heaven.

I have never understood the Protestant difficulty with good works. They make it sound like you don't have to do them to get to Heaven. Of course you do.
Loving others is the same as doing good works, and if we don't love others, we can't get into Heaven. The biblical point is good works alone and in and of themselves will not get you to Heaven.
and the Protestants I've known always accuse Catholics of saying otherwise (than your last point)

The Catholic Church has never taught that your works get you to heaven... if that were the case, Jesus would not have had to come and suffer and die to pay the price of our sins...

Forum List

Back