If you were a famous athlete or entertainer would...

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
you use your platform to discuss social justice or politics?

Personally I wouldnā€™t. Iā€™m just about smart enough to know Iā€™m an idiot and it would irresponsible of me to discuss my feelings on those kind of issues if Iā€™m in a position of influence.

Personally I wouldnā€™t. Iā€™m just about smart enough to know Iā€™m an idiot and it would irresponsible of me to discuss my feelings on those kind of issues if Iā€™m in a position of influence.

Depends which University I graduated from... Ivy League... Why Yes... Anywhere else... Hell NO!

Depends which University I graduated from... Ivy League... Why Yes... Anywhere else... Hell NO!

Why would that make a difference?

I wouldn't.

Because of my company, I know many very well known entertainers. I know some athletes, as well. I'm about as interested in hearing their political views as they are in hearing mine...

Simple, if I am from a Ivy League School then you know very well I am a pompous ass with my nose in the air, so of course I know it all but any other School... Well no!

a famous person has as much right to express themselves as anyone else,, the problems come when people take their words more seriously than any other person when they arent,,
its just like watching the news,, listener beware,,,

I'm smart enough not to alienate those who may send me money.

Would you pretend to be a liberal if you were a Hollywood actor and you thought it was beneficial to your career?

a famous person has as much right to express themselves as anyone else,, the problems come when people take their words more seriously than any other person when they arent,,

Iā€™m not saying they donā€™t have a right to speak on important issues, but I do think itā€™s irresponsible to speak on important issues if you donā€™t know what the hell youā€™re talking about and you do have a lot people that are influenced by your words.

Iā€™m not saying they donā€™t have a right to speak on important issues, but I do think itā€™s irresponsible to speak on important issues if you donā€™t know what the hell youā€™re talking about and you do have a lot people that are influenced by your words.
that would apply to anyone,, its listener beware always,,

I'm smart enough not to alienate those who may send me money.

Would you pretend to be a liberal if you were a Hollywood actor and you thought it was beneficial to your career?

If asked a controversial question, I would give my opinion.

If asked to apologize for that opinion, I would respond "Go to Hell", which used to be the general response to such a request.

Nope, not my business to preach to others.

Only on Issues I have a lot of knowledge of. Not any subject my Agent wants me to say, just to keep my name mentioned in the media as much as possible.

Simple, if I am from a Ivy League School then you know very well I am a pompous ass with my nose in the air, so of course I know it all but any other School... Well no!
Hey, don't feel so bad about your degree from Billy Bob's Online Community College.

Hey, don't feel so bad about your degree from Billy Bob's Online Community College.

Look Combodian Spie I told you once I have told you once that I will never let you teach me again!

Anyhoo, fact is people have their own opinion and should be allow to express it no matter their status in life, well except you!

...Anyhoo, fact is people have their own opinion and should be allow to express it no matter their status in life, well except you!

Is that your entire graduate dissertation from BBOCC? Quite stirring.

Yawn, make me laugh!

Because this discussion about how some shouldnā€™t be allow to have their own opinion is boring as hell!

No.....Why alienate a significant number of my fans?

Tiger Woods refused.

Michael Jordan once wisely said; "republicans buy sneakers too".

The only guy I've seen pull it off is Charles Barkely....Primarily because he speaks common sense nearly all the time.

Forum List

Back