If you won the lottery for a total sum between $5M and $30M (total of payments)...

I'd split it with the 3 kids along with charities. Our youngest turned 30 a month ago.

Not having kids makes it a simple decision for me. ;)
This goes for me too because I don't have any kids either. After getting myself financially taken care of though, those at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital would be my next objective.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Not having kids makes it a simple decision for me. ;)
This goes for me too because I don't have any kids either. After getting myself financially taken care of though, those at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital would be my next objective.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

The little one I nanny would get a chunk of money, and I'd leave most of what was left to her when I die. :)

...would you give the ticket to your adult kids or would you claim the winnings yourself?

This is not a question about whether you'd opt for the lump sum payout or take annuity -- that is irrelevant to the question. It's about whether you'd claim the winnings or let your kids do so.

Well if Trump kills the death tax I would cash it. Other wise give it to my daughter

...would you give the ticket to your adult kids or would you claim the winnings yourself?

This is not a question about whether you'd opt for the lump sum payout or take annuity -- that is irrelevant to the question. It's about whether you'd claim the winnings or let your kids do so.

The best thing to do would be to put the money in safe places where you'd get a certain amount of interest and only spend that interest. You could give some of this interest to the kids if you have enough money to live comfortably with.

The best thing to do would be to put the money in safe places where you'd get a certain amount of interest and only spend that interest. You could give some of this interest to the kids if you have enough money to live comfortably with.
Invest 30% in Bitcoin or Litecoin

As patriarch of the clan; id take it. Then disburse the amounts I saw fit, amongst those I see fit to.

I think Bitcoin has lost its appeal now. People think it's an investment, when this is the case, it'll never reach the heights people expect of it.

I think Bitcoin has lost its appeal now. People think it's an investment, when this is the case, it'll never reach the heights people expect of it.
I just want a 10% return or higher. I got in about 4 years ago. So far so good.

I just want a 10% return or higher. I got in about 4 years ago. So far so good.

Yes, but now Bitcoin is really taking off as an investment. Which means more people are getting in on it, which means it probably won't do very well, might even go downhill. China's banning other such coins, and if they were to ban Bitcoin it might hurt Bitcoin a lot.

I would probably claim the winnings but I would make sure that my family was set up for the future and take care of them. Then, I would go on a trip around the world, seeing all of the cool things that I've always wanted to see.

Investing some of it so that you can make money off your money is probably a good idea too.

Yes, but now Bitcoin is really taking off as an investment. Which means more people are getting in on it, which means it probably won't do very well, might even go downhill. China's banning other such coins, and if they were to ban Bitcoin it might hurt Bitcoin a lot.

Will the price of bitcoin decrease? How can bitcoin ensure monetary equilibrium? I want to put my money in Bitcoin and began studying the investment from this article. Can someone advise me something like this?

Will the price of bitcoin decrease? How can bitcoin ensure monetary equilibrium? I want to put my money in Bitcoin and began studying the investment from this article. Can someone advise me something like this?

Bitcoin is a problem. You can do all the research you like, but the volatility of such a coin is always going to be there.

Why?

China. China uses bitcoin. They love it because the Chinese govt makes it hard to get money out of the country.

However they've already banned plenty of other coins, but not Bitcoin, YET.

Now, in the history of currency, countries have not really liked it much when people make their own currencies. There are examples of such currencies, Notgeld in Germany in the 1920s for example, but never on a large scale.

The Chinese govt is getting stronger and stronger, Xi Jinping has managed to put himself (by a vote where everyone was forced to vote for him) on a pedestal alongside the "greats" of Mao and Deng Xiaoping. His power will soon be absolute, he'll have a politburo full of all his people. He's trying to control the minds of all the Chinese people, and control their actions too.

What happens when Bitcoin becomes a threat to something or other? Well, the Chinese owners of Bitcoin will be forced to sell their Bitcoin and the price will drop like cow dung.

The Chinese have prevented banks from trading in Bitcoin. Earlier this year the Chinese media (mouthpiece for the govt) basically said how dangerous Bitcoin was. This means the govt is probably going to do something about it at some time.

Like anything else its only worth the value someone places on it. It can decrease and increase. From last month it went from 4k to 5k but this week its down $100 from last week. I got in when it was much lower. When you invest you want to get at least 10% and you always want to go long term to smooth out the peaks and valleys.

Forum List

Back