Illinois: Forced to enact concealed carry law

Well no.

They give Concealed carry to people that really need that kind of protection..and deny it to yahooes who think they are Dirty Harry.

No they deny it to anyone who isnt a former police officer, fireman (i.e. government employee). They do give it if you carry large sums of money or are famous, but only grudgly.

The 2nd amendment doesnt have "only if you really really need it or are a former cop" in its text. I can have the exact same background, lack of criminal record, and lack of mental health issues than someone else, but I will get denied and they will get approved for the simple reason that the NYPD doesnt want me to have it.

How is that equal protection under the law you progressives keep harping on?

Contradicting yourself in one sentence..gotta love it.

And the second amendment, comes with it, an obligation to defend the state in a time of need.

It was never meant for "self" defense or overthrowing the government.

Or even hunting.
...said no rational human being ever.

Well, I have the first 8-hour class behind me. It was the NRA Basic Pistol Course.

With this, I will submit an application to Florida for their concealed carry certificate. That in turn will allow me to carry in quite a few states.

Final 8-hour class is Saturday. Then wait until the Illinois applications are published after January 1.
Then wait until April to receive my Illinois certificate.

Total cost: $200 for the classes, $112 to Florida, $150 to Illinois.

Geez Louise...
Isn't a funny how the people who insist you should have to pay all that money to exercise a Constitutional right have a shit-fit if someone suggests people pay 10 bucks to get a state ID to prove who they are to vote?

And by "funny", I mean "pathetic, hypocritical, and irrational".

This instructor almost kicked someone out of another class (I wasn't in it). He was obviously a hothead, claiming he'd shoot anyone who came into his home unauthorized. The instructor reminded him of the rule of law, and hothead said "I don't care about the law"!

That's when the instructor told him to get out. "I won't issue a permit to anyone with that attitude". So hothead back peddled and eventually settled down. This was very sobering and serious instruction. I wish I'd taken it years ago.

Needless to say, I'll never join the NRA. I really don't subscribe to all their policies and rhetoric.
Oh- and there were 6 females in the class. One of whom had never shot a firearm.

This instructor almost kicked someone out of another class (I wasn't in it). He was obviously a hothead, claiming he'd shoot anyone who came into his home unauthorized. The instructor reminded him of the rule of law, and hothead said "I don't care about the law"!

That's when the instructor told him to get out. "I won't issue a permit to anyone with that attitude". So hothead back peddled and eventually settled down. This was very sobering and serious instruction. I wish I'd taken it years ago.

Needless to say, I'll never join the NRA. I really don't subscribe to all their policies and rhetoric.
Oh- and there were 6 females in the class. One of whom had never shot a firearm.

Good for your instructor. He taught that man a very valubale lesson.

I heard recently about a guy who pulled a gun on a gal just for knocking on his door. You can't just do anything you want because it's YOUR house. The front of a house is considered shared property - the man went to prison.

People at times may enter a home because of an emergency .. you can't shoot people just because you don't know who they are ... they might have made a mistake, or only thought that they had permision to be there.

Good luck on the permit, brother! Congrats.

I heard recently about a guy who pulled a gun on a gal just for knocking on his door. You can't just do anything you want because it's YOUR house. The front of a house is considered shared property - the man went to prison.

People at times may enter a home because of an emergency .. you can't shoot people just because you don't know who they are ... they might have made a mistake, or only thought that they had permision to be there.

This was all presented as no-nonsense serious business. There's a tremendous responsibility in carrying a firearm. Instructor told the class today "I hope you never EVER in your life have occasion to draw your weapon".

This was all presented as no-nonsense serious business. There's a tremendous responsibility in carrying a firearm. Instructor told the class today "I hope you never EVER in your life have occasion to draw your weapon".

You had a good instructor. Very happy for you.

Word up, bitches.

Just submitted (and paid for) my Illinois Concealed Carry Permit application. Online and in toto.

Website performed smooth as silk.

I decided to forgo the electronic fingerprint submission, even though it may delay the application by 30 days. I've waited 40 years LOL what's an extra month?

Hell, they've got my fingerprints already. If they want to see them, they can search their own fucking database. Besides, I would have had to travel 40 miles to the nearest "authorized electronic fingerprinting station" and pay an extra $80. Fuck that.

I feel like a goddamned human being tonight.

This is the shit. Yeah.

Fuck you, Illinois Liberal fuckers. Mike Madigan can suck it.

Oh, how this must sting.
Illinois became the last state to lift its ban on the concealed carry of firearms Tuesday, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The state legislature voted to override Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn’s veto of initial legislation to allow and regulate concealed carry.

After the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Illinois’s ban on concealed carry unconstitutional last December, legislators were required to take action by June 9 to pass laws allowing and regulating concealed carry. The court later extended the deadline to today.
Illinois becomes last state to allow concealed carry | The Daily Caller

The ruling:
7th Circuit Court overturns Illinois concealed carry ban

The particulars:
The new law will allow Illinois residents who have already obtained a firearm owner’s identification card, pass a background check and complete a 16-hour gun-safety training to obtain a permit for concealed carry. The additional permit will come at a cost of $150.
How is this not reasonable, common-sense gun control?

Congrats to my friends to the west - someday soon, you may enjoy the full rights of an American.

Good. and I am reading that crime stats in Chicago are changing. Yes, the gang murders are showing no sign of relenting, but random violent crime is apparently on the wane.

Forum List

Back