I'm Not Worried About Trump's Pivots

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Presidential elections are kind of like throwing a boomerang. With the boomerang you have 3 positions. 1) the boomerang starts with you...... 2) it goes out to a place away from you......3) it ends end back with you again.

With the presidential election, you also have 3 similar scenarios. 1) the primaries......2) the general election...........
3) ........the presidency.

So in the case of the run for the presidency, it is normal for both candidates to pivot toward the center, once they've secured their nomination. That's because (now more than ever) there is a very large independent constituency, that represent a lot of VOTES. It's normal for both candidates to try to woo these voters.

In Trump's case, it irritates me and worries me a little, to see Paul Ryan say that he and Trump are seeing eye to eye. That sounds like a bad thing to me. But think about it. All his life, Trump has had to "roll with the punches", as they say in New York City. To get where he is today, he has had to bend like young trees in the wind. He has often had to negotiate things, and often concede some things he might not have felt comfortable doing. In the early years in New York, when Trump was more familiar to us in New York than on a national scale, we would would sometimes say "Huh ? What did he do that for ?" Then later, he's back to being the same old Donald again, by him getting what he wanted, by mediating this and arbitrating that.

So now, we are moving from a primary (strong conservative) season, into a more moderate general election time. And quite normally after proposing the lowest taxes in 85 years, we're seeing Trump talking about some tax increase on the super rich. We're hearing about a raise in the minimum wage (which previously Trump opposed). We're hearing a slight moderation being added to the Muslim ban as being just a suggestion (actually I don't think it was much more than that before)

I'm looking further down the line. I'm looking to late January 2017, with Donald Trump occupying the White House. With the presidency secured, my gut (+ years of reading about Trump's maneuvers in New York newspapers) tells me that Trump's platform is going to boomerang back to the much more conservative positions, that had to be chiseled a bit in the general election season, to keep Hillary from getting an advantage.

We should remember that doing the right things so conservatively, in the spring, changes into doing things a little less conservative in the summer, only to revert back to true full conservative form in the winter. I'm not worried, I was expecting to see this. Whatever slight leftward pivots we may see right now, I wouldn't take them too seriously. I am thinking that when Trump actually does become president, we're going to see an even more forceful conservatism than we've seen up to now. I trust my gut impulses.

So now, we are moving from a primary (strong conservative) season, into a more moderate general election time. And quite normally after proposing the lowest taxes in 85 years, we're seeing Trump talking about some tax increase on the super rich. We're hearing about a raise in the minimum wage (which previously Trump opposed). We're hearing a slight moderation being added to the Muslim ban as being just a suggestion (actually I don't think it was much more than that before).

IT is really a matter of emphasis. Nothing Trump is saying now is contradicting his earlier statements. He has long said, for example, that Muslim immigration from extremist nations needs to be suspended, and the rest need 'closer attention' till we can 'sort this out'.

The media tries to distort his statements to make him look bad and have done so since July of 2015, and are doing so today as well.

Why would anyone expect the leopard to change its spots?

Awesome. Those are called "pivots" these days. I'm learning so much.

Having read about Trump's past "maneuvers", you think he'll become more conservative later on? Awesome.
I've been watching him for a very long time. You get to know a person.

Having read about Trump's past "maneuvers", you think he'll become more conservative later on? Awesome.
IT also helps a whole lot to actually dig into the subject and see what Trump has actually said or is saying instead of letting journos spoon feed you with misleading headlines.

People should be more worried about a Hillary Cocaine-fueled rage with her finger on the nuclear button...

IT also helps a whole lot to actually dig into the subject and see what Trump has actually said or is saying instead of letting journos spoon feed you with misleading headlines.

Donald Trump took 5 different positions on abortion in 3 days

:thup:

I'm well aware of their spinjobs. Like Jake Tapper making the GOP guys fight each other in the first debate.

If pictures surfaced of Donald Trump in the front row of Michael Vick's dog-fighting events, his supporters would be on here telling us how much he loves dogs!

Yeah ? I heard it was TWENTY five.
smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

If pictures surfaced of Donald Trump in the front row of Michael Vick's dog-fighting events, his supporters would be on here telling us how much he loves dogs!
if Hillary Clinton invited ISIS to come to New York to show off their latest biological bomb, her supporters would probably have a parade for them.

Given the accuracy of where you get most of your news, I wouldn't doubt it.
The accuracy of my news is a lot more accurate than your liberal OMISSION media, that doesn't even report half the news AT ALL.

And of course, you have to wonder what he is hiding by not releasing his tax records.
We don't have to "wonder" about Hillary's misdeeds (Ex. damaging national security),or her having a Muslim Brotherhood aide (Deputy Chief of Staff in her State Dept)

'm looking further down the line. I'm looking to late January 2017, with Donald Trump occupying the White House. With the presidency secured, my gut (+ years of reading about Trump's maneuvers in New York newspapers) tells me that Trump's platform is going to boomerang back to the much more conservative positions, that had to be chiseled a bit in the general election season, to keep Hillary from getting an advantage
Are you comfortable supporting a self-proclaimed "King of Debt" at a time when the US is facing yet another of capitalism's many failures?
GettyImages-516863760.jpg

"'I'm the king of debt. I love debt,' Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday, seemingly trying to explain the comfort level he has with debt after a long business career that included four bankruptcy filings by his companies.

"Worried about the national debt?

"Donald Trump is the king of debt!

"Who better to manage the national debt than the guy who has filed bankruptcy four times—including this doozy.
Donald Trump, aka 'the king of debt'
"Trump acquired the Plaza Hotel in New York for $390 million in 1988. By 1992, the hotel had accumulated $550 million in debt."

And of course, you have to wonder what he is hiding by not releasing his tax records.
No, I dont.

It is his business.

Hey, maybe it would help you to just imagine it was his butt fucking record and none of your bidness?

Are you comfortable supporting a self-proclaimed "King of Debt" at a time when the US is facing yet another of capitalism's many failures?

"'I'm the king of debt. I love debt,' Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday, seemingly trying to explain the comfort level he has with debt after a long business career that included four bankruptcy filings by his companies.

"Worried about the national debt?

"Donald Trump is the king of debt!

"Who better to manage the national debt than the guy who has filed bankruptcy four times—including this doozy.
Donald Trump, aka 'the king of debt'
"Trump acquired the Plaza Hotel in New York for $390 million in 1988. By 1992, the hotel had accumulated $550 million in debt."
1. Politifact is a joke.

2. Trump declared chapter 11s, Those are reorganizations. Chaper 7s are bankrupticies, Of those Trump has had zero.

3. The Us does not have the massive "debt" it is accused if having. Those who claim this haven't figured in the Trillions$$ in stolen $$ by remittance pillaging countries (Mexico, China, India, et al), or the welfare $$ plunder by other countries via the anchor baby racket & false documentation. Then there's the military aspect. How much has the US spent (in $$ & LIVES) to protect these other countries, (while they hardly lift a finger in their own defense) There are many other things that could be considered as well. It's not at all hard (after ALL the counting is done) to see the US as world's biggest creditor.

4. Right now, Trump is sitting on a $10 Billion fortune. And yours is ?

Forum List

Back