"I'm Really Scared About a Bloodbath 10 Days From Now"

This is the most under-discussed problem in the country today.

In my school, we are already hurting for special educators. It's a little worse for us than it is for GE's, but that is a topic for another thread.

I'm DC and this year we got two new teachers, one very good and the other still has splinters on her from where they scraped her off the bottom of the barrel. I'm guessing that one good one will be our last good one for a while, so I'm hoping to hang on to what I've got.

I've been short a para the whole school year, because that job is so underpaid.

I will say it even if you can't---

And yet, too many special ed parents act like people are lined up around the block to teach their children.

I'm not saying that they should accept shoddy treatment for their kids. No one should. But they wear special ed teachers out--esp the good ones--with their constant demands.

People. There are no replacements.

I don’t think so.

Communism is just the latest resurrected bogeyman. It’s barely propped up in Cuba, failed every where else, and I see no support beyond a fringe and teens in Che tshirts who have no clue about history.

The right is mad about being persecuted by the left.
The left is mad about being persecuted by the right.
We need some adults in the room.

I’m rather pessimistic though, economic issues can drive people to accept desperate measures including authoritarianism. Economic instability was a big factor leading to the rise of Hitler. All it takes is a charismatic and ruthless leader and a scapegoat population.

I would rather deal with a temporarily bad economy (this is, after all, world wide) than the long term affects of an increasingly authoritarian rule that views people like me as unAmerican for not following their vision of what our country should be.
Are you kidding me? You’re moaning that people view you as unAmerican? Our own president has called 60 million Americans a threat to democracy for not thinking the way he demands. And you yourself have strongly implied with a mocking tone that I am racist for wanting to stop the favoritism based on race for college admissions.

And YOU would rather deal with a bad economy (made worse by Biden‘s policies) if it meant keeping Republicans at bay? Nice you have that luxury. People are struggling to buy groceries, and are not going to be able to heat their homes this winter, but YOU are OK with them suffering if it means Democrats can continue to side with criminals, welcome in millions of illegals, and continue with their anti-white racism?

9 days, Princess, and we stop the leftists who demand we agree with their way of thinking or we will be silenced, censored, mocked, insulted, and unfairly persecuted. AMERICANS have had enough!

Do parents, families, and the general public want to do what's necessary so students test scores will improve?

One of the biggest issues teachers cite for leaving the profession is student behavior.

We simply cannot have high-achieving schools IF your expectation for your child is that they are always coddled, always comfortable, never really challenged, and certainly never spoken to in any negative kind of way, even if they are doing wrong.

And that is where American parents are. We want "good schools" but we don't want the organized, structured environments that MAKE good schools.
That has never happened

Are you kidding me? You’re moaning that people view you as unAmerican? Our own president has called 60 million Americans a threat to democracy for not thinking the way he demands. And you yourself have strongly implied with a mocking tone that I am racist for wanting to stop the favoritism based on race for college admissions.

And YOU would rather deal with a bad economy (made worse by Biden‘s policies) if it meant keeping Republicans at bay? Nice you have that luxury. People are struggling to buy groceries, and are not going to be able to heat their homes this winter, but YOU are OK with them suffering if it means Democrats can continue to side with criminals, welcome in millions of illegals, and continue with their anti-white racism?

9 days, Princess, and we stop the leftists who demand we agree with their way of thinking or we will be silenced, censored, mocked, insulted, and unfairly persecuted. AMERICANS have had enough!
If the shoe fits wear it.

Ooooo….Princess. Try to be more original in your insults. You think I’m not struggling? I’m a realist. But I am not willing to give up my rights and freedoms to your authoritarian wetdream. Kind of goes to show how shallow your values are when push comes to shove.

Your last paragraph…pure projection. It is Republicans who have been steadily passing laws attacking free speech and inserting the government into every aspect of our private lives.

Do parents, families, and the general public want to do what's necessary so students test scores will improve?

One of the biggest issues teachers cite for leaving the profession is student behavior.

We simply cannot have high-achieving schools IF your expectation for your child is that they are always coddled, always comfortable, never really challenged, and certainly never spoken to in any negative kind of way, even if they are doing wrong.

And that is where American parents are. We want "good schools" but we don't want the organized, structured environments that MAKE good schools.
Why not start with the most obvious? When I was a kid, we had to stay on school grounds until the end of the school day. Now the local high school, already going downhill due to the high percentage of illegals, has “open campus” where 14- and 15-year-olds get off the bus at 8:00 a.m., walk straight up to the McDonald’s 10 minutes away, and loiter there all morning - while going table to table and annoying the retirees with begging for money.

I say start with closed campus. Nobody leaves the school grounds until the final bell rings.

I will say it even if you can't---

And yet, too many special ed parents act like people are lined up around the block to teach their children.
Yes, they do.
I'm not saying that they should accept shoddy treatment for their kids. No one should. But they wear special ed teachers out--esp the good ones--with their constant demands.
Yes, and with Emotionally Disturbed kids, the apple is very often a product of the tree, so we get a disturbed parent making unreasonable demands for their disturbed kids.
People. There are no replacements.
Nope. And schools are about to find that out the hard way.

It's amazing that so many people in this thread know EXACTLY what goes on in schools, even though they never step foot in them.

Wow....astounding
I am well aware of what goes on, it's a constant struggle to teach kids and for kids to tolerate biased teachers who are too emotive with politics and so called social norms .

Ooooo….Princess. Try to be more original in your insults. You think I’m not struggling? I’m a realist. But I am not willing to give up my rights and freedoms to your authoritarian wetdream. Kind of goes to show how shallow your values are when push comes to shove.

Your last paragraph…pure projection. It is Republicans who have been steadily passing laws attacking free speech and inserting the government into every aspect of our private lives.
I am not willing to give up my rights to express an opinion different from the libersl narrative.

And you are claiming that Republicans are attacking free speech? it is the Democrats who have been banning and censoring conservative views. Are you really this blind to what’s been happening?? (Thank Gd for Elon Musk.)

And the last paragraph is not projection. The violent crime rate is soaring. The illegals are swarming in. And the government is inserting itself into OUR private lives by demanding we take a vaccine.

You are more unhinged and delusional than usual. I suspect it’s panic that Americans are not going along with what the Marxist Democrats are pushing, and election is 9 days away.

But you have not removed them. You have a few months left to get rid of the Patriot Act. To water down the Internal Security Totalitarian Homeland Security and get rid of any power-hungry monsters at the top. And them tame the TSA. Its all-in front of you. This is the start of freedom. You have the House, the Senate and the President. And you have use all of what I typed along with the DOJ to destroy people.

If the GOP can't roll over them this time, it is over. To much head wind from economics, to crime, to the border, for Democrats to win.

Leftists on this board insist it is not the Democrats who did this, and they have no control over the situation. Americans want to know that if this is the case, then pray tell........who is actually at fault, and if the Democrats can not improve the situation, why vote for them!
Because Republicans do not have a fix for inflation either.... Plenty of accusations and complaints and finger pointing at Biden, but conservatives have no solution either..... Some economists say Rs will make it much much worse.... when they hold the country hostage and SS and Medicare hostage, by not raising the debt ceiling.....

We will get, what we vote for..... :(

Most of those are the same idiots that claimed that this inflation was transitory. The smart ones knew better.
Things happen...

China going in to a harsh lockdown at gunpoint for covid was unexpected, and has hurt supply.... which causes inflation....

And Russian sanctions on gas and oil, was not in the picture either at the time those economists projected....

Okay. With what extra time, money and energy am I going to police the bad teachers which is not even close to my job?

On top of teaching the 150 children I TEACH, which is my primary concern, and dealing with the family situations they have which you can probably not even imagine?

And their special ed needs: their 504, IEP, etc?

And on top of all that, I'm supposed to go out of my designated role and act as I don't know, admin or something.

Mark this: this is Defund the Police for the Right--for us. It will end just as badly. We will regret it just as much. Not only are current teachers quitting--one teacher in my VERY GOOD district walked out in the middle of the day--but young people are not going INTO teaching. Same problem police are having. No recruiting. It's been destroyed, the entire profession.

I know that feels great to so many people here. But look around at our society and ask yourselves: who's going to be taking care of these kids? "Not my problem" didn't work for Defund the Police and it won't work here either.
Same as the goddamn cops.

If they can't do the job, we'll do it ourselves.

Hey, I know DOZENS if teachers who were fired because they refused to get vaccinated. Now the District wants them back, and they're telling the district to FUCK OFF.

I would hire ANY of those teachers for my child, they're all very good.

The way tuitions are going right now, I could hire a full time teacher for my kids and still save money

Disagree. The election is about tbe economic, by far the top issue. The issues in the top range include crime, gun violence, abortion and immigration. It was also ultimately the economy that cost Trump in 2020.
This election is about incompetence and LIES.

And yes, the current economy is a big part of incompetence.

We HAVE an organized structured environment.

It's being run by weasels and commies.

Get them out!

If you care about the kids, GET THEM OUT.

I would say, if you care about kids, then definitely speak out about the few bad teachers that ARE out there, but definitely DO NOT begin to believe it's most of us. It just makes our almost impossibly difficult job that much harder.

We just got another lecture about how we're supposed to look out for signs of child abuse/neglect and we are not allowed to report to admin; we have to report directly to CPS. This in addition to everything else.

Society has asked us to do too much, just like cops--and now we're being destroyed. It will end the same way
It => IS <= most of you.

If it wasn't most of you, we wouldn't be having this problem.

And lefties wouldn't be in charge of every goddamn teacher's union and school board.

GET THEM OUT !!!

Forum List

Back