imagine if Reagan had said "Communism is an ideology of peace" or Churchill said the same of fascism

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
imagine if, in the Cold War, the West had lent its support not to Lech Walesa and Vaclav Havel, but to the Soviet Union, as a representative of moderate communists, in the hope that the Kremlin would give us a hand against terrorists such as the Red Army faction.

I imagine that the one or two times a year that I have a bowl of borscht it wouldn't feel as 'independent' from the other culinary delights on the table, lol. Certainly the Poles and Czechs and for that matter the entirety of Eastern Europe, to some extent, would have been left further in the geoeconomic dust heap than they currently are. It's hard to imagine though when visiting some of those countries. I worked for a few mo. in Romania and got my passport stamped frequently in Hungary once or twice in Serbia & Slovakia as I had a car as part of my gig... Wow, talk about the holdovers of 'communistic - esque' struggle between theocratic & secularly democratic governance. While it's not even close to Countries like Venezuela, E-Europe is rather economically stagnant as a whole except in some of the larger vibrant City centers (Budapest in particular). I loved my time there and find something refreshing about that part of 'antiquated' Europe in comparison to the egotism and 'attitude' so rampant in W-Europe, lol.

Last edited:
imagine if, in the Cold War, the West had lent its support not to Lech Walesa and Vaclav Havel, but to the Soviet Union, as a representative of moderate communists, in the hope that the Kremlin would give us a hand against terrorists such as the Red Army faction.

I know there's a point there, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

What are you saying exactly?

i'm talking about Islam.

Russia is not a country committed to peace.

The USA, unfortunately, is not either.

i'm talking about Islam.

Right, I got that. That's all I got. You're comparing it to Islam how?

on _______, a group of ____ heavily armed, black clad men burst into a ____ in ____, opening fire and killing total of ___ people, and wounding ____others. the attackers were filmed shouting "Allahu Akbar"

speaking at a press conference, President ____ said: "we condemn this criminal act by extremists. their attempt to justify their violent acts in the name of a religion of peace will not succeed. we also condemn with equal force those would use this atrocity as a pretext for Islamophobic hate crimes"

Forum List

Back