IMMIGRATION: Founders of Perris group win Mexican government award

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
These Mexicans have no shame when it comes to their designs on the United States. What the heck do you suppose "inland empire" means?:

http://blog.pe.com/multicultural-empire/2013/09/14/immigration-founders-of-perris-group-win-mexican-government-award/

The Mexican government is honoring the founders of a Perris immigrant-assistance organization with an award that recognizes people who contribute to the well-being of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans in the United States.

Luz Maria Ayala and Antonio Ayala will receive an Ohtli Award during celebrations Sunday night of Mexican Independence Day at Cal State San Bernardino. The Mexican government each year bestows the award on people around the country.

“They’ve done some very important work in the Inland Empire,” Carolina Zaragoza Flores, consul for the Mexican consulate in San Bernardino, told me in Spanish. “They’ve worked for very just causes and with community leaders like Cesar Chavez.”​

Last edited:
These Mexicans have no shame when it comes to their designs on the United States. What the heck do you suppose "inland empire" means?:

The Mexican government is honoring the founders of a Perris immigrant-assistance organization with an award that recognizes people who contribute to the well-being of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans in the United States.

Luz Maria Ayala and Antonio Ayala will receive an Ohtli Award during celebrations Sunday night of Mexican Independence Day at Cal State San Bernardino. The Mexican government each year bestows the award on people around the country.

“They’ve done some very important work in the Inland Empire,” Carolina Zaragoza Flores, consul for the Mexican consulate in San Bernardino, told me in Spanish. “They’ve worked for very just causes and with community leaders like Cesar Chavez.”​

What the heck do you suppose "inland empire" means?:
Bri .....i have been here since the late 60's.....the "Inland Empire" has always been used here....it denotes the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario metropolitan area.....its nothing new.....was first used in the early 1900's....

Last edited:

What the heck do you suppose "inland empire" means?:
Bri .....i have been here since the late 60's.....the "Inland Empire" has always been used here....it denotes the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario metropolitan area.....its nothing new.....was first used in the early 1900's....

This. Inland empire is a place in CA. There is nothing nefarious meant by it.

Forum List

Back