Immortality achieved in the writings of my on-again off-again girlfriend...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I'm a writer and I met her through a writer's group.

She's written three stories featuring me.

In the first, she complains that I didn't tell my ex-wife about her. My ex-wife walked in my front door, and was so surprised to see her, she jumped back.

In the second story, she features a fictional couple buying stuff at a sex store. I am directly quoted for something I actually said, when I complained about getting a senior discount when I hadn't told the store I was a senior.

In the third story, which I haven't read yet, she writes about one of our frequent break-ups. It might be bad, so maybe I shouldn't read it.

Thousands of years from now, when archaeologists dig up her books from some long-buried ancient library, they will read her stories, and wonder, "Who is this guy she keeps writing about?"

I have achieved immortality through literature.

In the first, she complains that I didn't tell my ex-wife about her. My ex-wife walked in my front door, and was so surprised to see her, she jumped back.

In the second story, she features a fictional couple buying stuff at a sex store. I am directly quoted for something I actually said, when I complained about getting a senior discount when I hadn't told the store I was a senior.

In the third story, which I haven't read yet, she writes about one of our frequent break-ups. It might be bad, so maybe I shouldn't read it.

Thousands of years from now, when archaeologists dig up her books from some long-buried ancient library, they will read her stories, and wonder, "Who is this guy she keeps writing about?"

I have achieved immortality through literature.

😲😲😲

Yeah these stories don't sound very good, sorry. Also not to be a Debbie Downer but maybe off-again is the better plan

😲😲😲

Yeah these stories don't sound very good, sorry. Also not to be a Debbie Downer but maybe off-again is the better plan
All my friends and family agree with you. But she's a fellow writer, so we always have something to talk about between our break-ups.

All my friends and family agree with you. But she's a fellow writer, so we always have something to talk about between our break-ups.

Lots and lots of people say they're writers. It's one thing to be able to communicate effectively and/or to have a "way with words". It's another entirely to write works of fiction. I'm gonna go out an a limb and say she's not much of a fiction writer if she's borrowing whole phrases and scenarios from real life. She's journaling with a little daydreaming thrown in. Very little market for that, sorry

Immortality achieved in the writings of my on-again off-again girlfriend...​

In the first ,.....

In the second story,....

In the third story ....
My question is, how does one endure an "on-again off-again" relationship? For me when a relationship is over ....... it's over. The rules of engagement can change by mutual consent but when it's over, it's over.

Lots and lots of people say they're writers. It's one thing to be able to communicate effectively and/or to have a "way with words". It's another entirely to write works of fiction. I'm gonna go out an a limb and say she's not much of a fiction writer if she's borrowing whole phrases and scenarios from real life. She's journaling with a little daydreaming thrown in. Very little market for that, sorry
I forgot, there's a fourth story where I'm the main character, a lawyer who gave up writing because his father pressured him to give it up. I have a son who's a cross-dresser and I rejected him. But during the story, I return to my son, beg his forgiveness, and we reconcile. Then, I die of a heart attack while buying Christmas decorations at a dollar store.

Only the part of me being a lawyer who wanted to be a writer is true. My son is straight and dresses like a man.

My question is, how does one endure an "on-again off-again" relationship? For me when a relationship is over ....... it's over. The rules of engagement can change by mutual consent but when it's over, it's over.
That's never been true for me. I married my wife after a many break-ups and one that was so bad it lasted more than a year.

But the point is, I'm immortal, the muse for four stories that may one day be un-Earthed from some buried library.

You're right, of course.

My parents were married 57 years before my mom passed this summer. They had one breakup in their dating life. Hubby and me have 30 years this month. Also, one breakup before we were engaged. Anecdotally and from life experience I don't think that's a dealbreaker as you figure stuff out. But off-again, on-again as a pattern....life is hard enough without that going on.

My parents were married 57 years before my mom passed this summer. They had one breakup in their dating life. Hubby and me have 30 years this month. Also, one breakup before we were engaged. Anecdotally and from life experience I don't think that's a dealbreaker as you figure stuff out. But off-again, on-again as a pattern....life is hard enough without that going on.
Sure.

Forum List

Back