Importance of boxing

rileybreean

Rookie
Apr 21, 2020
The essential explanation boxing gloves are utilized in boxing is to shield the warriors from hand wounds. Hand wounds are exceptionally normal in battle sports, for example, boxing, in spite of glove use. A decent method to underscore exactly how much gloves secure the hands is by watching an exposed knuckle fight.

The motivation behind why fighters wear gloves is to secure their hands with the goal that they don't break them when tossing punches. This was the underlying reason for gloves late in the nineteenth century back when boxing was to a greater degree a leisure activity and individuals required their hands for industrial work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The essential explanation boxing gloves are utilized in boxing is to shield the warriors from hand wounds. Hand wounds are exceptionally normal in battle sports, for example, boxing, in spite of glove use. A decent method to underscore exactly how much gloves secure the hands is by watching an exposed knuckle fight.

The motivation behind why fighters wear gloves is to secure their hands with the goal that they don't break them when tossing punches. This was the underlying reason for gloves late in the nineteenth century back when boxing was to a greater degree a leisure activity and individuals required their hands for industrial work.
Are you going to explain the importance of the cup?

Here is boxing the way democrats have modified it.

fudge1 buttigeig.jpg

Boxing, to me, is a lot like golf. When someone is good at it; you don't really notice it until you see someone who is not so good at it. At that point, you realize the beauty and even grace that is involved in the sweet science. What I loved about the sport of boxing is that styles actually do make fights. There are boxers who just have the style that gives certain opponents fits. Livingstone Bramble beat Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini twice. Mancini had actually killed a man in the ring two years before Bramble took care of him the first time. But, for whatever reason, Bramble just had the style that neutralized Mancini.

I'm not sure what the OP was about and never gave the idea of wearing gloves vs, bare knuckles much thought.

But to me, a good boxing match is one of life's rare pleasures. And, somehow, it seems much more dignified, civilized, and legitimate than the MMA cage matches of which I have no interest. Although I did run into Melissa Martinez one time. She was cool.

I could live with that.

And the Demcrats could adopt the Red-Throated Loon.

IMO the importance of boxing has declined in part because today there can be 2-3 middleweight champions at the same time thanks to the alphabet soup of boxing sanctioning organizations. The WBA, WBC, and WBO come to mind but I think there’s more.

That’s why I’ve taken more interest in MMA. The UFC is the major leagues and Bellator and others are clearly minor leaguers hoping to make it to the Bigs some day.

I've been watching some old Tyson stuff lately. He was a lot like Smokin Joe. Iron headed but awkward looking. If he landed you were finished tho. Holifield had some style but Ali IS the greatest.
Sugar Ray was fun to watch too

I've been watching some old Tyson stuff lately. He was a lot like Smokin Joe. Iron headed but awkward looking. If he landed you were finished tho. Holifield had some style but Ali IS the greatest.
Sugar Ray was fun to watch too
Tyson reminds me of Sonny Liston

A guy who had you beaten before the opening bell even rang. But once he was beaten by Clay (Ali) he was no longer feared

Forum List

Back