In California “Unprecedented Land Movement” Of About A Foot Per Week Is Breaking Gas Lines, Cracking Roads And Causing Homes To Sink

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
What in the world has been happening in Rancho Palos Verdes? When I heard that the land was “moving” there, it immediately got my attention, because I have been warning about geological instability along the California coast for more than a decade. What is taking place has been described as an ongoing “landslide”, but that term simply does not do it justice. Others are calling what we are witnessing “land movement” on a massive scale, and I think that is much more accurate. According to FOX 11 in southern California, this “land movement” is breaking gas lines, cracking roads and causing homes to sink…

Drone video from the Alpha Structural team shows essentially a giant crack cutting through the neighborhood.

“This whole part just pulled away from over here, opened up a chasm,” said Joe Demers, a civil engineer with Alpha Structural. “This whole area moved about 5 feet in the last year or so, but then it really accelerated. In the last couple months, it’s moved another 4 or 5 feet.”

This is just crazy.

What in the world has been happening in Rancho Palos Verdes? When I heard that the land was “moving” there, it immediately got my attention, because I have been warning about geological instability along the California coast for more than a decade. What is taking place has been described as an ongoing “landslide”, but that term simply does not do it justice. Others are calling what we are witnessing “land movement” on a massive scale, and I think that is much more accurate. According to FOX 11 in southern California, this “land movement” is breaking gas lines, cracking roads and causing homes to sink…

Drone video from the Alpha Structural team shows essentially a giant crack cutting through the neighborhood.

“This whole part just pulled away from over here, opened up a chasm,” said Joe Demers, a civil engineer with Alpha Structural. “This whole area moved about 5 feet in the last year or so, but then it really accelerated. In the last couple months, it’s moved another 4 or 5 feet.”

This is just crazy.
Only the rich should live in California. Them and farmers. Even Mother Nature says get out.

This is just crazy.
And here I thought my grandma was a bit crazy when she prophesized that California was going to break off and fall into the ocean. Maybe she was right? :dunno:

Now, if Guam actually capsizes and tips over, I'm just going to have to consider that maybe these old crazies are onto something rather than just on something.

That land has been sliding since man got there ... part of the dangers of sea levels falling ...

The most famous slide is along the San Mateo peninsula coast, old Hwy 1 north of Pacifica up to the San Francisco zoo ... it was closed to traffic before 1960s but we could still walk the old roadbed where it hadn't fallen into the ocean ... kind of place to give Gahan Wilson inspiration ...

Where the mountains meet the sea ... you folks Back East don't have that ... losers ...

OYGHGb.gif

R.7d2909ac56035bfbc4fbb946452ea25e

This is just crazy.
Wow, that’s scary, nice area too, looking At google maps, some of those homes near the ocean look amazing.

This is just crazy.
/——/ Newsome should hire the illegals to fill in the cracks. He sure has plenty of them who will work cheap.

California is known for earthquakes. Earthquakes are caused by tectonic plate movement. Plate movement means a shift in the earth.

This is just crazy.
lots of hills over there.....to buy a house on a hill in earthquake country not a great idea.....

lots of hills over there.....to buy a house on a hill in earthquake country not a great idea.....

Then you ain't gonna be living in California ... but honestly, the earthquakes lessen in the volcanic fields in the Northeast ... both Lassen and Shasta are expected to erupt within a few million years ... the earth shakes but it's more a vomiting forth of hot lava and gases ... there's a difference ...

Forum List

Back