In shock after seeing new rates.

To the OP - it's about time you had some "Skin in the game". Stop being a Freeloader!! Obamacare is a "GOOD THING"!!

:cuckoo:

You're new so I'll repeat what I've written before -

My own rates went down, I have received two refunds, scrips when down and I still have the same excellent coverage and doctors I had before.

At a recent party, the conversation turned to ACA and not one person was unhappy.

I don't believe most of the stuff I read here from the RW Obama haters but yes, of course, you should shop for the best coverage for your money.

Recent party huh? So thats what you call 15 bums hanging out under an overpass?

There many insurance companies "licensed" to use "Blue Cross - Blue Shield". To make an accurate assessment the full name of the company is required and also the state in which it's writing the particular policy.

Any less remains bullshit.

You've tried to get personal info before and I have refused before.

And, I am refusing now.

You're the one wallowing in bullshit.

I work for a small family owned business with <20 employees that pays a portion of my health insurance. The rates will be going from 400.00 to 1100.00 per month for 2 adults <35 yrs and 2 kids <5 yrs with 5000.00 deductible. This is with no major changes in coverage/deductible and same company. How can this be right? Are these insurance companies getting squeezed so hard that they have to raise small business group rates to help cover losses in other areas? Or did they just decide to catch up on price increases by going up over 250% in one year? This is absolutely nuts. Am I being forced into heading over to healthcare.gov? This is the most drastic financial change to our household in a long time and we seem to have no choice.
I work for a medical insurance company, and in California, the Dept of Insurance would never approve of such an increase, and they MUST approve before they sign off it.

What state do you live in that's letting insurers get away with that kind of increase?

I wonder if your employer is being honest with you, or you're being honest with us.

I thought the same thing.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, his employer may be trying to get their employees to settle for junk insurance.

OTOH, this is his only post .... troll?

There many insurance companies "licensed" to use "Blue Cross - Blue Shield". To make an accurate assessment the full name of the company is required and also the state in which it's writing the particular policy.

And, I am refusing now.

Horseshit.

The name of an insurance company is not personal information.

The name of a state where it operates is not personal information.

Now it's time to stop the bullshit and admit you picked those figures out of your nose.

Please provide specifics of your allegation that I have tried to get personal information from you at any time. Otherwise you're not just a bullshitter you're a friggen liar - but wait, being a Democrat those credentials are already established.

My own rates went down, I have received two refunds, scrips when down and I still have the same excellent coverage and doctors I had before.

At a recent party, the conversation turned to ACA and not one person was unhappy.

I don't believe most of the stuff I read here from the RW Obama haters but yes, of course, you should shop for the best coverage for your money.

And do you think that anyone believes your bullshit. At least we know you and your buddies don't work for a living and fully subsidized. That is why they are all happy, it's free.

And do you think that anyone believes your bullshit. At least we know you and your buddies don't work for a living and fully subsidized. That is why they are all happy, it's free.

As usual, you just make it up as you go along.

That's fine with me.

Carry on.

My employer has cushioned the annual increases from time to time. That can make the increase extraordinarily large on occasion.

That's fine with me.

Carry on.

As do you, carry on.

I don't believe a word of that.

If you're getting a subsidy, hey, it rocks.

If you're not, don't hold your breath waiting for a "thank you" for subsidizing others. Oh, and you're paying more.

subsidy/ You mean a tax payers is paying for a low life scumbags insurance? isn't that what subsidy means?
What did people think would happen?

You can't flood the insurance pools with irresponsible SOBs that never bought insurance before, with all their pre-existing conditions, and expect anything else.

People who say theirs went down are probably liars.

I've yet to meet one IRL.

And, I am refusing now.

You are the one most of us consider a liar.

That's fine with me.

Carry on.
Ah, your bullshit is called again.

Like I said...I work for an insurance company, and as far as Obamacare increases, they are not allowed to increase the premiums for those plans unless a "life event" occurs, or they change plans. When you change plans, the exchange re-rates you based on being one year older. Rates go up if your older.

We're talking less than 10% for an extra year on you. Premiums go up based on your income, where you live, and how old you are.....THATS IT

My BS detector has been going off all through this thread.

Whose your carrier give me their contact information so I can get the same policy you have.
If you don't it means you are a lying sack of shit.

Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Whose your agent and the office number
Blue Cross: Rates will rise under new federal health care law
Local North Carolina state news from Raleigh NC NewsObserver.com

That's fine with me.

Carry on.
Ah, your bullshit is called again.
So you don't receive subsidies?

I work for a small family owned business with <20 employees that pays a portion of my health insurance. The rates will be going from 400.00 to 1100.00 per month for 2 adults <35 yrs and 2 kids <5 yrs with 5000.00 deductible. This is with no major changes in coverage/deductible and same company. How can this be right? Are these insurance companies getting squeezed so hard that they have to raise small business group rates to help cover losses in other areas? Or did they just decide to catch up on price increases by going up over 250% in one year? This is absolutely nuts. Am I being forced into heading over to healthcare.gov? This is the most drastic financial change to our household in a long time and we seem to have no choice.

Try other companies. Try healthcare.gov.

Yes, you have a choice.

Im not an Obama hater, but I can understand how that might be assumed since I have posted something contrary to the mantras you seem to chant. My experience up till this point has been, whats the big deal? I am new to understanding how this will affect some people. I put some basic information in about my family because I feel the rate change isn't going to be across the board. Some will feel it different than others. If your rates went down, I am assuming its because others rates have went up. There is also a woman on a single policy at work who is in her 50s and in pretty bad health whose rates went up. Not to the extreme mine did, but hers did close to double. So what qualifies someone for the lower rates? Is it only once your income has dropped enough to receive help with paying the premium? Thats not really lower rates is it? Thats just other tax payers helping you pay you bills.

I work for a medical insurance company, and in California, the Dept of Insurance would never approve of such an increase, and they MUST approve before they sign off it.

What state do you live in that's letting insurers get away with that kind of increase?

I wonder if your employer is being honest with you, or you're being honest with us.

Live in Va. I am being honest. Im new to the forum and dont have time just to troll around here for giggles. I dont feel like I need to but suppose I could post a scan of the rates, though it wouldnt prove anything to someone who already thinks im lying. Actually didnt think people would find it that hard to believe. I was thinking the majority would be in the same boat as me. Shows how out of touch I am with all this. I took the time to post like I do on any topic on any forum, to see if anyone else has had my experience, and what they have done to help improve it. The insurance is actually through my wifes work as I am self employed. It is her parents business. She is the book keeper and payroll person so she is the first one that sees stuff like this come in the mail. I guess the way they get around the increase is they cancel the existing plan. The plan that they offered is no longer available as of dec1. So the rate technically didnt go up I suppose. The plan just went away. The two new options the insurer sent were both 200-250% higher with same deductible and some basic coverage, although I did not read through to see if they added coverage for specific things. Our old policy covered all our needs. Had a nice high deductible which is cool with me and we had a health savings which we put enough in to cover all our yearly needs. It even had enough saved in it to completely pay for our costs to have a new baby delivered.

Forum List

Back