In shock after seeing new rates.

All of the above post is quoted from the link. I have no idea why it shows black for part of it.

Whose your carrier give me their contact information so I can get the same policy you have.
If you don't it means you are a lying sack of shit.

Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Whose your agent and the office number
Blue Cross: Rates will rise under new federal health care law
Local North Carolina state news from Raleigh NC NewsObserver.com
You need to read the articles you post.

The rate increases are for off exchange plans, nor on exchange plans, and they went up because insurers are forced to cover essential benefits of the ACA.
rate increases due to Obamacare. You idiot
This appears to be correct. The letter from the insurer actually states that the plan is no longer being offered due to requirements set by the affordable care act. So the insurer is lying, or my cost of insurance is actually going up due to requirements set by the affordable care act. Thing is, I was happy with my insurance. Optima and I had a nice thing going, why cant I keep it that way?
Oh God, I just noticed the word "due" to.....Big reb was right about something for once......the end is nigh.....

I actually have a work around, and there is a way to find plans that don't include those essential benefits, but it's lots of work. And I can work on that for you, and send you a personal message on this site if you want

Whose your carrier give me their contact information so I can get the same policy you have.
If you don't it means you are a lying sack of shit.

Blue Cross Blue Shield.

The rate increases are for off exchange plans, nor on exchange plans, and they went up because insurers are forced to cover essential benefits of the ACA.
This appears to be correct. The letter from the insurer actually states that the plan is no longer being offered due to requirements set by the affordable care act. So the insurer is lying, or my cost of insurance is actually going up due to requirements set by the affordable care act. Thing is, I was happy with my insurance. Optima and I had a nice thing going, why cant I keep it that way?

I have polling data from ABC conducted before Obamacare which showed that 89% of respondents were happy with their plans. For what it's worth, a Canadian poll done the next year showed 57% of Canadians were happy with the quality of their care.

You can't keep your plan because liberals know better than you what is in your best interests.

If anyone doesn't understand the simple fact that, once government requires you to purchase a good or service, that the price of that good or service will increase...and keep increasing, you might be an Idiocrat.

Blue Cross Blue Shield.

I have polling data from ABC conducted before Obamacare which showed that 89% of respondents were happy with their plans. For what it's worth, a Canadian poll done the next year showed 57% of Canadians were happy with the quality of their care.

You can't keep your plan because liberals know better than you what is in your best interests.
I don't get it...you say polls indicate Obamacare policy holders like thier plans, in general, but there's what kind of problem because of liberals?

Creationist liberals?.....dude, you are an enigma, or crazy.

And still we are denied seeing the name of the insurer offering bargain basement rates!

Hey, bullshitter-in-chief, are you getting a special deal for helping the Democrat propaganda machine?

I don't get it...you say polls indicate Obamacare policy holders like thier plans, in general, but there's what kind of problem because of liberals?

If 89% of the public liked their plans, why was there a need to socialize medical care?

If 89% of the public liked their plans, why was there a need to socialize medical care?

And the RW ignorance continues.

Not going through all the pages but did you post your carriers number so I can get the type of coverage that you have.

And still we are denied seeing the name of the insurer offering bargain basement rates!

Hey, bullshitter-in-chief, are you getting a special deal for helping the Democrat propaganda machine?

Not going through all the pages but did you post your carriers number so I can get the type of coverage that you have.

HenryBHough

Link to where I wrote I get "bargain basement rates" or admit you're lying.

bigrebnc1775

You can choose not to read since that suits your agenda.

You can badger and spam but I choose what personal information I give out. You both have Google. Use it and choose the coverage that suits your needs and your budget.

Or don't.

I suspect you will continue to play the professional victims you RWs are known for.

HenryBHough

bigrebnc1775

You can badger and spam but I choose what personal information I give out. You both have Google. Use it and choose the coverage that suits your needs and your budget.

Or don't.

I suspect you will continue to play the professional victims you RWs are known for.
I want the phone number or you're lying.

HenryBHough

bigrebnc1775

Or don't.

Data Mining is against the rules.

So is spamming from thread to thread.

But, don't let that stop you.

:321:

HenryBHough

bigrebnc1775

Or don't.

Data Mining is against the rules.

So is spamming from thread to thread.

But, don't let that stop you.

:321:
So it was just a lie? You can give me the business phone number, there is nothing illegal about that.

In the absence of specifics (insurance company name and state in which they are offering bargain-basement rates) we can conclude only that the ass-clown is a LYING ass-clown.

But is it possible that your name is the same as that of one of Your New Messiah's special 7 states? If so, that would seem rather personal but I rather doubt you know Him that well that he'd name one of his magic states in your honor (or lack thereof).

I work for a small family owned business with <20 employees that pays a portion of my health insurance. The rates will be going from 400.00 to 1100.00 per month for 2 adults <35 yrs and 2 kids <5 yrs with 5000.00 deductible. This is with no major changes in coverage/deductible and same company. How can this be right? Are these insurance companies getting squeezed so hard that they have to raise small business group rates to help cover losses in other areas? Or did they just decide to catch up on price increases by going up over 250% in one year? This is absolutely nuts. Am I being forced into heading over to healthcare.gov? This is the most drastic financial change to our household in a long time and we seem to have no choice.

I suppose it depends upon where you live. I just looked on the Exchange and found a number of plans in my area with good companies with lower deductibles costing between $700 to $800 with no subsidy. You are saying that your portion is costing you $1100, meaning if your employer is paying 50% that your plan actually costs $2200 per month or over $25,000 per year.

I work for a small family owned business with <20 employees that pays a portion of my health insurance. The rates will be going from 400.00 to 1100.00 per month for 2 adults <35 yrs and 2 kids <5 yrs with 5000.00 deductible. This is with no major changes in coverage/deductible and same company. How can this be right? Are these insurance companies getting squeezed so hard that they have to raise small business group rates to help cover losses in other areas? Or did they just decide to catch up on price increases by going up over 250% in one year? This is absolutely nuts. Am I being forced into heading over to healthcare.gov? This is the most drastic financial change to our household in a long time and we seem to have no choice.

I suppose it depends upon where you live. I just looked on the Exchange and found a number of plans in my area with good companies with lower deductibles costing between $700 to $800 with no subsidy. You are saying that your portion is costing you $1100, meaning if your employer is paying 50% that your plan actually costs $2200 per month or over $25,000 per year.

I was unable to pull rates off the exchange until nov 15th. How are you able to get around that? I did find " good" plans in other places for 800 or so a month but those are 7500 plus deductibles and just don't have the same perks that our current plan does. Our coverage is no doubt gonna get worse for our needs and seems to be at least doubling. Our employer pays for employees coverage only. We are responsible for the rest of it. The total cost of insurance for our family was 450 and looks to be at least 700 to 1200 now depending on how much higher we would like our deductible.

I was unable to pull rates off the exchange until nov 15th. How are you able to get around that? I did find " good" plans in other places for 800 or so a month but those are 7500 plus deductibles and just don't have the same perks that our current plan does. Our coverage is no doubt gonna get worse for our needs and seems to be at least doubling. Our employer pays for employees coverage only. We are responsible for the rest of it. The total cost of insurance for our family was 450 and looks to be at least 700 to 1200 now depending on how much higher we would like our deductible.

I just stated that I had a change of circumstance so that I was eligible for a plan immediately. I think I said that I moved to a new area. Anyway, you will need to wait until after November 15th either way, plus rates are going to change as of the new year. How those rates change will vary greatly depending upon where you live. I have heard the average increase will be around 7.5%, but some states will see much larger increases while some states will actually see rates drop.

Here are a couple of things to check out. First of all, if your employer provided health insurance costs you more than 9.5% of your salary, you may opt out and purchase a plan from the Exchange. Also, you may be able to opt your other family members out of your employer provided plan and only take their plan for yourself, and then purchasing a plan off of the exchange for the rest of your family. You will need to look at all of your options. I realize there are many issues with the ACA and purchasing through the exchanges, but there are some good things about the ACA also. One thing people need to understand about healthcare is that it really is expensive, no matter how you slice it. The reason it is so expensive is that costs to treat people are completely out of touch with anything that would be considered reasonable. As an example, my wife died from leukemia over 12 years ago. She went through chemo, full body radiation, and a stem cell transplant form her sister. After all of that, the leukemia still came back and killed her. Her battle lasted 10 months. She spent about half of that time in the hospital, so let's say 150 days. Her bills totaled over $1.3 million. That was 12 years ago, so imagine how much that would be today.

Forum List

Back