In shock after seeing new rates.

Like I said...I work for an insurance company, and as far as Obamacare increases, they are not allowed to increase the premiums for those plans unless a "life event" occurs, or they change plans. When you change plans, the exchange re-rates you based on being one year older. Rates go up if your older.

We're talking less than 10% for an extra year on you. Premiums go up based on your income, where you live, and how old you are.....THATS IT

My BS detector has been going off all through this thread.

Yes, YOU are the originator of the BS. My insurance rates are going up almost 80%. We use AETNA and originally it was estimated to be an 88% increase which has been revised down to the current level.

It's still happening! All of the ACA horror stories happen to conservatives. It's just so odd!

No, it's happening to people of all leanings. It's just that conservatives complain about it and liberals suck it up because they can't bear to be disloyal to Their New Messiah.

That's bullshit.

Rates are going up at the LOWEST percentage in years. Unless you are full of shit. Full of shit people are getting their rates doubled or tripled.

If your rates went up 5-10%.....,you are normal. 200%? You are FULL OF SHIT!

It's still happening! All of the ACA horror stories happen to conservatives. It's just so odd!
Could be Conservatives are lying could be dems are lying. obumer was given liar of the year 2013 for his obamacare lie. So who should we believe? Those who support liar of the year or those who are not supporting the liar of the year?

Like I said...I work for an insurance company, and as far as Obamacare increases, they are not allowed to increase the premiums for those plans unless a "life event" occurs, or they change plans. When you change plans, the exchange re-rates you based on being one year older. Rates go up if your older.

We're talking less than 10% for an extra year on you. Premiums go up based on your income, where you live, and how old you are.....THATS IT

Yes, YOU are the originator of the BS. My insurance rates are going up almost 80%. We use AETNA and originally it was estimated to be an 88% increase which has been revised down to the current level.
You're lying, or misinformed. The depts. of insurance would not allow that. You must be comparing plans with different premiums and benefits.

Prove me wrong, tell me what plan you have, I.E. Aetna's PPO Gold IFP 30/30/1500 for example......and I know how to go to the web site and gets quotes.

Obamacare.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-8_20-50-41.jpeg
    upload_2014-11-8_20-50-41.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 66

You're lying, or misinformed. The depts. of insurance would not allow that. You must be comparing plans with different premiums and benefits.

Prove me wrong, tell me what plan you have, I.E. Aetna's PPO Gold IFP 30/30/1500 for example......and I know how to go to the web site and gets quotes.

You ain't getting that info. I asked 50 people for that info a year ago. Nobody gave it.

It's all bullshit......or lack of understanding regarding the options.

I've been noticing that since the beginning.

There's only one possible reason for this.

Obama knows who voted for him. If you didn't vote for him, you get the really expensive insurance and then your doctor retires.

Yeppers.

I wonder how much of a contribution one has to make to the "make Obama President for Life" fund in order to quality for bargain basement rates!

Obama will be our ( yep....you too ) POTUS until January 2017. No longer. Get a grip.

The really stupid RWs, like HenryBHough don't know about term limits.

They actually believe he's running again.

Let's not tell them, mK?

Term limits are no obstacle at all to a Messiah armed with a phone and a pen~

There are other things that can limit terms, however, as The Shah of Iran and a few Presidents of Egypt have discovered over the years.

You ain't getting that info. I asked 50 people for that info a year ago. Nobody gave it.

It's all bullshit......or lack of understanding regarding the options.
Maybe it's just a standard lie, like how righties always say they have a gay friend who disapproves of gay marriage, or how they have a black friend who hates Obama and thinks he keeps them all on welfare for votes.

The internet sucks that way.

One example of departments of insurance preventing premium increases was with Blue Shield of California back in 2011. For a little background (try to stay awake while I dispense facts instead of regurgitated GOP talking points), in California there are two regulatory organizations, the DOI (department of insurance), they tend to focus on regulation of PPO's , and the DMHC (department of managed health care), they tend to focus on HMO's. Blue Shield tried to raise it's individual/family plans by 35%. The DOI stopped them by court order. If I remember they limited them to something like 22%. But I could be off and it might be less.

At any rate...one way to trim costs from the Obamacare compliant plans is to ask for the pediatric dental coverage to be removed if you, or anyone else on your plan is not of pediatric benefit age. There are other ways but it's complicated. Righties have gotten good at blaming all sorts of current healthcare insurance ills, that have beginnings before Obamacare was even conceived, and when I point that out, they pull this tired old "yeah but Obamacare made it worse" arguments out of their asses. Just like they did when the economy got better between 2009-2013, they'd say it could have been better if Obama wasn't in charge.

I'm pretty sure they don't realize they've had sunshine blown up their skirts.

My big problem is they throw links at me thinking they're valid, when I've lived and breathed Obamacare down on the front lines since it began on January 1st last year. Talking to the people who have problems with it, and actually have it. I know more than the ass hole pundits on TV too. Have you ever been involved in something that made the news?...if you have, you know how much BS the media deals out on any given subject.

I have to endure seeing it on this site about Obamacare too, and I just don't have the time to unwind what some of these derfs think

I'm seriously considering starting a non profit that helps seniors with understanding their medical bills and making sure their claims are processing correctly

There are other things that can limit terms, however, as The Shah of Iran and a few Presidents of Egypt have discovered over the years.
That sounds like you're talking assassination there....I'm going to report this to the FBI's web site. They have charged people for saying less definite things.

There many insurance companies "licensed" to use "Blue Cross - Blue Shield". To make an accurate assessment the full name of the company is required and also the state in which it's writing the particular policy.

Any less remains bullshit.

You've tried to get personal info before and I have refused before.

And, I am refusing now.

You're the one wallowing in bullshit.

Horseshit.

The name of an insurance company is not personal information.

The name of a state where it operates is not personal information.

Now it's time to stop the bullshit and admit you picked those figures out of your nose.

Please provide specifics of your allegation that I have tried to get personal information from you at any time. Otherwise you're not just a bullshitter you're a friggen liar - but wait, being a Democrat those credentials are already established.

corrected-edit

what good would that do you Henry? it would not tell you what his company's group plan negotiated for....with the insurance company.... how big the group is that is being covered, the average age of the group, the average health of the group, the average cost of the claims processed by the group etc....ALL THE THINGS that would MATTER when negotiating a group policy???

Last edited:

That sounds like you're talking assassination there....I'm going to report this to the FBI's web site. They have charged people for saying less definite things.
I hope obama has a massive heart attack, now report me

Forum List

Back