🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Indiana court tosses woman's feticide conviction INDIANAPOLIS (AP) —

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
I need to process this decision. The needs of the woman and the needs of the state must be balanced, and I am not sure yet.

"Purvi Patel [was] taken into custody at the St. Joseph County Courthouse in South Bend, Ind., after being sentenced to 20 years in prison for feticide and neglect of a dependent. On Friday, July 22, 2016, the Indiana Court of Appeals overturned the conviction of Patel, who was found guilty of killing the premature infant she delivered after ingesting abortion-inducing drugs. However, the court upheld a lower-level felony neglect of a dependent conviction. (Robert Franklin/South Bend Tribune via AP, File)"

It’s actually quite straightforward.

The intent of the law as to punish an outside actor who might adversely affect a woman’s pregnancy, taking from the woman her right to decide whether to have a child or not – the woman would be the victim in such a case, not the embryo/fetus.

It was not the intent of the law to punish a woman who decides to terminate her pregnancy, and the state was wrong to try to use the law in such a manner.

The state has neither the ‘need’ nor authority to interfere with a woman’s right to privacy.

• Banned
It’s actually quite straightforward.

The intent of the law as to punish an outside actor who might adversely affect a woman’s pregnancy, taking from the woman her right to decide whether to have a child or not – the woman would be the victim in such a case, not the embryo/fetus.

It was not the intent of the law to punish a woman who decides to terminate her pregnancy, and the state was wrong to try to use the law in such a manner.

The state has neither the ‘need’ nor authority to interfere with a woman’s right to privacy.
The DAs knew all of this, and the case has been forwarded to the bar for their sanctioning by the judges.

I need to process this decision. The needs of the woman and the needs of the state must be balanced, and I am not sure yet.

"Purvi Patel [was] taken into custody at the St. Joseph County Courthouse in South Bend, Ind., after being sentenced to 20 years in prison for feticide and neglect of a dependent. On Friday, July 22, 2016, the Indiana Court of Appeals overturned the conviction of Patel, who was found guilty of killing the premature infant she delivered after ingesting abortion-inducing drugs. However, the court upheld a lower-level felony neglect of a dependent conviction. (Robert Franklin/South Bend Tribune via AP, File)"
Link!

• Banned

Link!
Robert Franklin/South Bend Tribune via AP, File

Per usual, the women are caught in the crossfire of progressive garbage. Who gave her the abortion-inducing drugs? Fake, like the true idiot he is, didn't provide a link.

Per usual, the women are caught in the crossfire of progressive garbage. Who gave her the abortion-inducing drugs? Fake, like the true idiot he is, didn't provide a link.
I did, you were too lazy to plug the link into google. She got the drugs from an overseas pharmacy.

She got pregnant by a married man, and then murdered her kid.

She's a regular pro-choice poster child.

Forum List

Back