Inflation accelerates 7.5% in January, hitting a fresh 40-year high

In normal circumstances this thread could promote a good discussion on the reasons for an inflationary period.

Covid would obviously play a big part in the discussion.
re: The handling of Covid.
Most of us conservatives here and abroad were saying this was going to cause inflation back in late 2020.
I was critical of it when Trump did it as I was with Biden. But moreso with Biden because there were now lessons of the problems with it... but they did it anyway. And then when industries, chamber of commerce state and federal were pleading with Biden not to extend the ridiculous unemployment gifts again in the summer of 2021 - he did it anyway. And I guarantee you, if he thought he could - he would do it again today.
You can't giveaway $3.2 trillion to people and it not devalue that currency. Impossible.
You can't give these freaking child tax credits monthly and not create false demand.
These idiots gave away $trillions at a time when manufacturers were closed everywhere. Gee... you think this might cause supply problems?? Lots of folks was saying this 2 years ago!!

You're so obsessed with your rage that you're mistaking agreement for something else! Try to get yourself back down to earth!

We're paying out the nose for everything, shitstain. Of course I'm enraged with the current administration

We weren't under Trump

Worry about Canada and butt out. Fckn 3.57 for a gallon of gas today. That's like 80 bucks to fill up.

Mishandling of Covid. There, fixed it for you
Yes Frank, that's the question. The handling or mishandling of Covid. You fixed nothing.

There are many of the opinion that there have been too many precautions and resulting restrictions on people'f freedoms.

And there are likely an equal number who believe there has been just enough or not enough.

You can't fix that Frank but you can blow off a lot of smoke by getting into a rage over the mere suggestion.

I don't know anyone who thinks inflation is only 7.5%. Steak is more than double. Same with chicken. Gas, cars, veggies, houses, rent and everything else is through the roof. And then there are the shortages. These Democrats have fucked up this economy in one year more than anyone or anything in history. Democrats have made millionaires and billionaires richer and everyone else poorer, just like they planned.

Using former methodology, its about 15%.

Most of us conservatives here and abroad were saying this was going to cause inflation back in late 2020.
I was critical of it when Trump did it as I was with Biden. But moreso with Biden because there were now lessons of the problems with it... but they did it anyway. And then when industries, chamber of commerce state and federal were pleading with Biden not to extend the ridiculous unemployment gifts again in the summer of 2021 - he did it anyway. And I guarantee you, if he thought he could - he would do it again today.
You can't giveaway $3.2 trillion to people and it not devalue that currency. Impossible.
You can't give these freaking child tax credits monthly and not create false demand.
These idiots gave away $trillions at a time when manufacturers were closed everywhere. Gee... you think this might cause supply problems?? Lots of folks was saying this 2 years ago!!
You've made some worthwhile points to address. I'll be brief to the point of not doing justice to them, in the interest of my limited time now.

The trillions, or whatever the true amount, hasn't succeeded in bringing the ordinary American up to being level with the working class in other leading democracies.
I would suggest that it's 'too little too late'.

Or, too little for the working class over a very long period of time.

But can America's economy survive Biden's gifts?

Yes, of course it can but as a last resort it may have to steal the money from the very rich 1 or 2%.

Instead of that unfair solution, maybe they should have been contributing all along?

Ya think? Does any American fkn think??

That could not have been any funnier if it were a parody.

Holy shit that bitch is wack.
It's a 'qualified' statement. Life might be better with a good steak but is it better with a Big mac? Boebert probably hasn't considered the hamburger fraternity.

At first I thought it was....then realized that it wasn't a joke.
That woman was hopeless.
The end message of meat having to disappear from most people's diets is right on the money. Her method of getting there isn't widely accepted yet.

Extremism elicits extremism in return Mud!

For a few more years yet, the bone, gristle, fat, intestines, brains, tongues, hooves, and low quality parts of the animal can still be ground up together to make a tasty burger.
Yum!

In normal circumstances this thread could promote a good discussion on the reasons for an inflationary period.

Covid would obviously play a big part in the discussion.
re: The handling of Covid.
so did polices against the energy sector, paying people to sit at home, now those same people are in worse shape as their money will not go as far

Several major purchases I made last Feb before stupid shit Biden and the Dems stupid shit policies took effect are today not even 1 year later 40% to 50% higher, it's incredible. This is why you don't put stupid shit Dems in charge of anything, HELLO!

Forum List

Back