Internet Connection.....Help!!

I got a new Gateway Laptop a few weeks ago with windows 8 (still trying to get used to that!). But ever since i got this, we've had a lot of problems with our internet connection.

Let me provide you with a timeline of Microsoft operating systems in order of release

Windows 98--- good system
Windows ME-- bad system
Windows XP-- good system
Windows vista-- bad system
Windows 7-- good system

Do you see a trend developing?

Yes!!!!!!! I think Windows 8 sucks, it's so hard to learn how to navigate through it. Wish i had know better when i got it, but oh well.....I'll figure it all out eventually! :)

You can go to almost any computer shop/store and they can uninstall 8 and install 7!

8 is reputed to be MS' version of the Apple system.

Let me provide you with a timeline of Microsoft operating systems in order of release

Windows 98--- good system
Windows ME-- bad system
Windows XP-- good system
Windows vista-- bad system
Windows 7-- good system

Do you see a trend developing?

Yes!!!!!!! I think Windows 8 sucks, it's so hard to learn how to navigate through it. Wish i had know better when i got it, but oh well.....I'll figure it all out eventually! :)

You can go to almost any computer shop/store and they can uninstall 8 and install 7!

8 is reputed to be MS' version of the Apple system.

I wonder what they charge to do that?? I heard there's something that can be downloaded from Microsoft that will give Windows 8 computers back the START button! I miss my start button....lol!

I have 7 on my computer at work....it's not bad. At least there's a start button! Lol!

Sometimes, it's just the internet provider. Like with my AT&T U-Verse service. I spent the first 6 months with constant random dropouts. Internet, phone and TV would all go down, so it clearly wasn't a problem with my computers. I had the techs out 6 times. They could see the incoming signal was full of errors, they replaced/cleaned up/shielded all the wiring at my end, but it never fixed the problem. Then, about 2 weeks after the last visit, the dropouts suddenly went away and never came back. Something back at the internet provider had to have been the problem, because nothing had changed on my end.

As to the "Why did you stay with U-Verse?" question, it's because I had no choice. My house has never been wired for cable TV. When I had the cable internet people take a look, they said I'd have to remove several large trees before they could run a cable line to my house. Satellite is too expensive, and too unreliable due to those same trees. Hence, over the phone line is my only realistic option.

Forum List

Back