Thank the government for the Internet

Education and Housing is just a couple of things the Fed has fucked up with no Constitutional mandate to do so.

Irrelevant to the topic.

Then there is the shit ton of regulations on everything. The largest employer in the US is the Federal Government that is wrong on every level.

Yeah well, Boeing shows why we need regulations. I won't argue that it's not too big but I'm not going to go all over the edge like yourself.

Irrelevant to the topic.

Yeah well, Boeing shows why we need regulations. I won't argue that it's not too big but I'm not going to go all over the edge like yourself.
Very relevant. The Government can not handle anything without fucking it up and making it more expensive than it needs to be.

Very relevant. The Government can not handle anything without fucking it up and making it more expensive than it needs to be.

And Boeing screwed up developing airplanes.

You are just rambling. The government isn't designed to make things consumer friendly.

Don't be so quick to say that.

Philip Emeagwali, Nigerian American Computer Pioneer​

View attachment 936478

Philip Emeagwali (born August 23, 1954) is a Nigerian American computer scientist. He achieved computing breakthroughs that helped lead to the development of the internet.

STFU. Because if not for racism America would be far more advanced.
There is no doubt slavery and racism greatly harmed advancement and is our nation’s greatest failure, along with promoting non-stop war and foreign intervention.

However, many things today harm advancement. Our government is lawless. It violates the Constitution daily. Our political class are corrupt and criminal. Our HC system is too. Our educational system is a joke. Our infrastructure is crumbling. Millions live in or near poverty. Quality jobs for average Americans has greatly diminished.

What a great country!

There is no doubt slavery and racism greatly harmed advancement and is our nation’s greatest failure, along with promoting non-stop war and foreign intervention.

However, many things today harm advancement. Our government is lawless. It violates the Constitution daily. Our political class are corrupt and criminal. Our HC system is too. Our educational system is a joke. Our infrastructure is crumbling. Millions live in or near poverty. Quality jobs for average Americans has greatly diminished.

What a great country!
but biden says everything is going great................

Philip Emeagwali (born August 23, 1954) is a Nigerian American computer scientist. He achieved computing breakthroughs that helped lead to the development of the internet.
would you kindly tell Phil to quit spamming me IM2.....

thx

~S~

Don't be so quick to say that.

Philip Emeagwali, Nigerian American Computer Pioneer​

View attachment 936478

STFU. Because if not for racism America would be far more advanced.
Wait, you started a thread saying the government invented the internet, now you are saying a black man did. LOL

Things most always gets less expensive over time.
Technologies perhaps? "Things" most always get more expensive over time. At the most basic level we call this "inflation."
They get less expensive because of private industry.
You mean governments deliberately fund basic research to stimulate "The Market".. reducing short term costs by fueling competition?
Name one thing that the Government gets involved in that does the same.
Name one successful country with no government? It's not really an option, is it?

"ThunderKiss1965" <-- you literally celebrate government (military jets) with your handle. Who has provided your education, pension, healthcare, SS? How people remain so self-deluded for so long is the real question.

Technologies perhaps? "Things" most always get more expensive over time. At the most basic level we call this "inflation."

You mean governments deliberately fund basic research to stimulate "The Market".. reducing short term costs by fueling competition?

Name one successful country with no government? It's not really an option, is it?

"ThunderKiss1965" <-- you literally celebrate government (military jets) with your handle. Who has provided your education, pension, healthcare, SS? How people remain so self-deluded for so long is the real question.
Name a country without a government?

My youngest son who is 23 has been going on 40 since the age of 4. He said the other day that the internet is the worst invention. I would have to agree with him, the negatives outweigh the positives.

Horsefeathers ... the internet evolved over time from simple beginnings to what we have today ...

I well remember the terminal our math teacher brought in ... between teletype and modem, the thing was the size of a VW Bug ... but we could send commands to the mainframe at the local university over telephone cables ... very simple matter to connect two computers together through AT&T ...

The problem back then is computers rarely spoke the same language ... thus folks sitting down together and agreeing on some manner of common language to transmit information between computers ... starting with simple text and a "Post Office Protocol" ... i.e. e-mail ... and just between university computers ... urban legend would have the first case of internet between Stanford and UCLA ...

Today, the internet is almost wholly confined to the World Wide Web ... aka Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP://) ... where computers communicate using a single language that they all understand ... and yes, it's a Macintosh environment, Apple products run natively on the internet, it's only Windoze that needs translations anymore ...

Forum List

Back