🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Irs Chief: 'whenever We Can, We Follow The Law'

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Awesome. Criminals behaving like criminals.

Our admin is so cool.

"Koskinen, who was confirmed as head of IRS last December, has repeatedly faced lawmakers' ire over the agency's targeting of conservative groups.
Lawmakers spent a majority of Wednesday's hearing grilling Koskinen and Andy Slavitt, HealthCare.gov's fix-it man, on how they would verify that consumers were providing correct income information as they signed up for insurance subsidies.

Koskinen, who said he’s been meeting with tech and business staff every two weeks since January, said things are “on track” to verify income for all new enrollees.

Still, Slavitt acknowledged that the administration faces a “trust gap” in ObamaCare’s second year of implementation.

Rep. Peter Roskam (R-Ill.) cautioned against what he described as unchecked power given to the IRS under the healthcare law. He demanded to know how the Obama administration would prevent a “Lois Lerner 2.0 situation."

“It seems to me that the IRS is just poised to go swimming in a big pool of money,” Roskam said. “Are these the same IT people that can’t find Lois Lerner’s emails or deal with her hard drives?”

IRS chief Whenever we can we follow the law TheHill

Well, that's refreshing to hear..."Whenever we can, we follow the law". Damned fine expression from OUR civil servants,wouldn't you agree? Gee, I wonder what would happen to poor little me, were I to tell the IRS "Whenever possible, I'll obey the law and pay my taxes - but it won't be for a few years".

God bless these bastions of government that only "looks after us". God bless this president for his strident action on the scandal that is the IRS (oh wait - there isn't a smidgeon of corruption at the IRS you say?)

What's next? The Attorney General of the United States engaging in selective prosecution? :)

How about the president? Changing laws already on the books by "going around" our elected representatives?

This country is in deep shit.

Next time I'm out driving and I get stopped for speeding I'm going to tell the officer "hey i drive the speed limit when I can"

I'm sure that I'll be let off with a warning.

Forum List

Back