Busy Hurricane Season is predicted for 2024

I don't think the people of Jamaica and the Yucatan think it was overrated. Neither do the loved ones of the four dead Texans or the million Texans without power.

Yawnnnnn, they KNOW they live in a region that gets Tropical and occasional Hurricane storms NATURALLY thus they chose the risk to stay there.

LINK

You overrated it by whining it was unusually strong this early in the year which rapidly declines as soon as the storm moved off the Barrier Layer area of the ocean waters.

Yawnnnnn, they KNOW they live in a region that gets Tropical and occasional Hurricane storms NATURALLY thus they chose the risk to stay there.

LINK

You overrated it by whining it was unusually strong this early in the year which rapidly declines as soon as the storm moved off the Barrier Layer area of the ocean waters.
The storm weakened when it ran across the Yucatan peninsula.

There is a big difference between not rapidly intensifying and weaking.

And your selfless concern for others impresses the shit out of me.

Last edited:

True but the conditions weren’t favorable for a strengthening until it got into the shallow, warmer waters. I don’t think it was ever going to spend back up to more than a 2.

True but the conditions weren’t favorable for a strengthening until it got into the shallow, warmer waters. I don’t think it was ever going to spend back up to more than a 2.
It did strengthen. My point was that the absence of barrier layers may reduce the likelihood of rapid intensification but they do not weaken a storm. The storm's strength is ultimately dependent on SST values.

Annnd you had a point there somewhere?

It did strengthen. My point was that the absence of barrier layers may reduce the likelihood of rapid intensification but they do not weaken a storm. The storm's strength is ultimately dependent on SST values.
Yeah, but not by much. It's based upon SST, atmospheric moisture and wind shear.

Forum List

Back