Notice anything completely dishonest about AGW reporting today?

It doesn't wobble ... I've been watching ... it moves 30 second-of-arc per year because of precession (≈ 1/60th of a Moon diameter) ... go look for yourself, it's a naked eye star ... why Columbus used it to find the Americas ...

The physical property here is called rotational inertia ... why bicycles work ... go look it up ... Earth's axis doesn't change with respect to the background stars except for the 43,000 year precession cycle ... [giggle] ... it's the Sun that moves that causes obliquity ...
ok, but its not human activity, we agree, I think, on that

ok, but its not human activity, we agree, I think, on that

My statement was that humans change climate locally ... the heat island commonly known as "Fargo, North Dakota" doesn't have any reasonable effect on the climate of North Dakota ...

How much? ... just a wee bit over instrumentation error ... a single degree is a very small amount, meteorologically speaking ...

My statement was that humans change climate locally ... the heat island commonly known as "Fargo, North Dakota" doesn't have any reasonable effect on the climate of North Dakota ...

How much? ... just a wee bit over instrumentation error ... a single degree is a very small amount, meteorologically speaking ...
it all depends on where the weather stations were in 1850 and where they are today. a forest and a concrete runway will not be the same temperature under any conditions.

Horsefeathers ... the Earth carries rotational inertia ... the Sun wobbles because of Jupiter's orbit, but that's every 11 years, well within any climatological time frame ...

But here's a test ... does the North Star wobble? ... [giggle] ...

Why don't you believe in the Urban Heat Island Effect or Deforestation? ... there's an enormous amount of empirical data demonstrating these parts of AGW Theory ... humans can and do effect climate locally ... BTW it cost $50 to get into the Tree Museum last I checked ...

Yes, we have long known about UHI effects. Funny thing about them is once you leave the urban areas the temp drops to normal.

It doesn't wobble ... I've been watching ... it moves 30 second-of-arc per year because of precession (≈ 1/60th of a Moon diameter) ... go look for yourself, it's a naked eye star ... why Columbus used it to find the Americas ...

The physical property here is called rotational inertia ... why bicycles work ... go look it up ... Earth's axis doesn't change with respect to the background stars except for the 43,000 year precession cycle ... [giggle] ... it's the Sun that moves that causes obliquity ...
That doesn't address whether it wobbles or not. The two most common ways of determining stellar wobbling is astrometry, which measures how the stars position varies over time, and a process called the radial velocity technique which measures the periodic shifts of a stars absorption lines in its spectrum.

Polaris has no known planets so odds are it doesn't wobble.

it all depends on where the weather stations were in 1850 and where they are today. a forest and a concrete runway will not be the same temperature under any conditions.

A forest at 78ºF is exactly the same temperature as concrete at 78ºF ... 2024 or 1850 ... there's scientific reasons for this ...

Do you know how much damage a weather station would cause an airplane if weather stations were built on concrete runways? ... just curious if you know this information ...

This might surprise you child, but the entire eastern half of the United States isn't concrete runway ... it's grassland ... same as where we site weather stations ... the grassy infields of airports, not the tarmacks or runways ... I understand the eastern half of the United States used to be forests ... until humans came and burned them down for agriculture ... but that's the "deforestation" part of AGW Theory, and again ...

... a local phenomena ...

That doesn't address whether it wobbles or not. The two most common ways of determining stellar wobbling is astrometry, which measures how the stars position varies over time, and a process called the radial velocity technique which measures the periodic shifts of a stars absorption lines in its spectrum.

Polaris has no known planets so odds are it doesn't wobble.

Rotational inertia addresses the wobble ... there's is none due to Earth's rotation ...

The North Star is close enough to measure the parallax ... so it wobbles due to Earth's orbit around the Sun ... plus precession, plus proper motion of the system, plus their motions around each other ... and it's a Cepheid Variable ... none of which has anything to do with the direction the Earth's axis is pointed ... Newton's First Law of Motion ...

A forest at 78ºF is exactly the same temperature as concrete at 78ºF ... 2024 or 1850 ... there's scientific reasons for this ...

Do you know how much damage a weather station would cause an airplane if weather stations were built on concrete runways? ... just curious if you know this information ...

This might surprise you child, but the entire eastern half of the United States isn't concrete runway ... it's grassland ... same as where we site weather stations ... the grassy infields of airports, not the tarmacks or runways ... I understand the eastern half of the United States used to be forests ... until humans came and burned them down for agriculture ... but that's the "deforestation" part of AGW Theory, and again ...

Rotational inertia addresses the wobble ... there's is none due to Earth's rotation ...

The North Star is close enough to measure the parallax ... so it wobbles due to Earth's orbit around the Sun ... plus precession, plus proper motion of the system, plus their motions around each other ... and it's a Cepheid Variable ... none of which has anything to do with the direction the Earth's axis is pointed ... Newton's First Law of Motion ...
Earth wobbles. Sol wobbles. Polaris does not wobble because there is no planetary system to induce one.

Earth wobbles. Sol wobbles. Polaris does not wobble because there is no planetary system to induce one.

Polaris is a triple star system ... the Earth does not wobble with respect to the background stars ... except for 30 second-of-arc per year for precession ...

This is demonstrated by the operation of a gyroscope ... go buy one, they're fun to play with ...

Right ... however, if we're using "human suffering" as our measure, then all we care about is UHI's effect ...

Plant trees ... see Redfish's post above ...

Polaris is a triple star system ... the Earth does not wobble with respect to the background stars ... except for 30 second-of-arc per year for precession ...

This is demonstrated by the operation of a gyroscope ... go buy one, they're fun to play with ...
I have two in my airplane

Polaris is 0.736 degrees from the Earth's rotational axis, so it does "wobble" on a diurnal basis

No ... stupid ... the Earth doesn't wobble because her axis changes ... look up "rotational inertia" in that physics textbook you bought ...

Convert Celsius to Fahrenheit for us ... I already know you don't know minutes from degrees ...

No ... stupid ... the Earth doesn't wobble because her axis changes
That's not what I said. I said that Polaris, over the course of a year, will make a small circle in the sky. I think everyone else got that.
... look up "rotational inertia" in that physics textbook you bought ...
The one I bought before taking Physics with Calculus I and II?
Convert Celsius to Fahrenheit for us ... I already know you don't know minutes from degrees ...
If you'd like me to stop embarrassing you, stop posting stuff as fact that you just pulled from your ass.

you have totally bought into the lies, congratulations on receiving the gullibility award.

I think everyone here discussing "wobble" -myself included - needs to clearly identify the reference frames they're working from.

Forum List

Back