Busy Hurricane Season is predicted for 2024

If the temperatures were increasing, as you say, that 100 year old record would be broken already.
Again, you are pitting one temperature at one location at one time against readings taken several times a day from thousands of locations all over the planet going back at least 224 years.

Again, you are pitting one temperature at one location at one time against readings taken several times a day from thousands of locations all over the planet going back at least 224 years.

And that one temperature from one location is winning against temperatures taken several times a day from thousands of locations.

Have you ever heard the term "hoax"?

Those thousands of readings easily demonstrate that the temperatures at Furnace Creek are outliers. You have ZERO evidence that global warming is a hoax.

Run out of content? Perhaps you should have paid more attention to Thumper's Mom.

Not hardly.

1720397316714.png

How smart do you have to be to get your ship stuck in ice for 3 weeks?

How many peer reviewed studies were behind this mission?

:oops8:

Not hardly.

View attachment 973472

I'm quite certain no peer reviewed studies looked at the possibility of getting stuck in the ice. That the ship got stuck in the ice has absolutely zero to do with the fact that the poles are experiencing dramatic warming - greater warming than the rest of the planet - and that is causing massive amounts of ice to melt, reducing albedo in the north and increasing sea level from the ice of Greenland and Antarctica.

Not hardly.

View attachment 973472

If what you were saying were true - that there is no global warming and that it's all a hoax, you OUGHT to be able to challenge the "narrative" with cold hard facts, direct measurements and observations instead of hunting for irrelevant nonesense to imply scientific incompetence, whataboutisms, ad hominem attacks and puerile cartoons. I'll tell you what's scientifically incompetent: adopting a position that fails the most basic of sanity tests.

If what you were saying were true

If what you smart people are saying were true they wouldn't be getting stuck in ice for three weeks and need to be rescued.

As dumb as I am, I've never been stuck anywhere for 3 weeks and needed to be rescued.

You see when I am planning a trip I look at all things that could possibly affect my trip and plan accordingly.

Yes, I even consider the weather.

:eusa_whistle:

You haven't addressed the conditions that are driving those predictions and the behavior of Beryl: the extraordinarily high SST in the Atlantic Ocean. Do you think surface water temperature has nothing to do with storm intensity?

Already explained why it intensified rapidly you may have memory problems as you seem to forget what I post a lot have to repeat them.

Post #95 Wednesday,

Meanwhile Bertha is weakening because it has moved off the area of Barrier Layers that prevents hurricanes from pulling up cooler moisture.

Post #100 Wednesday,

Secondly, I am the one who started this thread predicting a big tropical storm and hurricane season which is largely because of warmer than usual SST and low shear winds and apparently due to barrier lays that strongly contributed to rapid intensification when it went through the area now that it passed favorable ocean surface conditions it has weakened quite a bit losing at least 25 mph steady but Bertha is forecasted to decline into a Tropical storm by Friday evening might not go back to hurricane level before landfall.

Both posts were FIVE days ago!

When you say "solar changes", you mean Milankovitch cycles, correct? So why don't you show us the changes in the Milankovitch parameters that would produce the last 150 years of this pattern:

View attachment 973308

Or this
View attachment 973291
Not necessarily. It could be sunspot activity and solar output as well. But whatever combination it is, its effect is to alter wind patterns which influence ocean currents. Which coupled with salinity and density changes can alter currents and effect heat transport to the Arctic from the Atlantic.

LOL another hyperbole, how many years of data are you working from?

Meanwhile Bertha is weakening because it has moved off the area of Barrier Layers that prevents hurricanes from pulling up cooler moisture.
I have read your Wikipedia article on barrier layers. They do not even suggest that barrier layers are responsible for rapid hurricane development and acceleration. So, do you have another source that does or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

If what you smart people are saying were true they wouldn't be getting stuck in ice for three weeks and need to be rescued.

As dumb as I am, I've never been stuck anywhere for 3 weeks and needed to be rescued.

You see when I am planning a trip I look at all things that could possibly affect my trip and plan accordingly.

Yes, I even consider the weather.

:eusa_whistle:
This is nothing but ad hominem bullshit. If you want to refute the science, refute the science. But calling the scientists dumb does nothing but indicate you haven't got shit.

This is nothing but ad hominem bullshit. If you want to refute the science, refute the science. But calling the scientists dumb does nothing but indicate you haven't got shit.

I'll refute it how I wish.

Hottest temp ever recorded was in 1913, sorry that hurts your feelings and goes against the junk science you worship.

Forum List

Back