IRS conspiracies fall apart BOLO list includes Progressive Groups

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Following the report, Republicans have claimed the IRS was intentionally targeting the enemies of President Barack Obama. Conservatives held an “Audit the IRS” rally in Washington, D.C. last week to speak out against the allegedly corrupt practices of the federal tax agency.

But a November 2010 BOLO (PDF) released by Rep. Sander Levin (D-MI) on Tuesday mentioned both progressive and tea party groups.

Sorry Repubs. Looks like you're going to have to make up another victim story.

Heres the story from Rawstory:
IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ?progressive? groups revealed | The Raw Story

If you like to whine for no reason about Rawstory here it is from Boston.com: Documents show IRS also screened liberal groups - Taxes - Boston.com

or from the Washington Post: Breaking: Full House committee transcripts shed new light on genesis of IRS targeting
IRS manager John Shafer, a self-identified “conservative Republican,” told congressional investigators the BOLO list was merely used to centralize particular applications. Screeners who flagged applications related to “tea party” groups sent the case to particular IRS agents to ensure the review of such groups was consistent.

Newspapers? Who reads those? you may cry. The IRS guy is a freaking Republican. Now what you gonna cry about?

Heres the PDF released by Levin after Issa threw a bomb and hid his hands. Now we find out why he didn't want the whole thing released after promising to release it. But hey, whats a flip flop amongst friends right?

http://democrats.waysandmeans.house...ber 2010 BOLO IRS0000001349-IRS0000001364.pdf

Now some of you may really believe Issa, but for the others who can read on their own. Don't you feel the slightest bit of shame that your leaders outright lied about this?

I see that the mis-information group is out there in large force.

When I first read of this, I suspected that there was going to be a huge difference in the way that the two groups were treated..

And I was right.

No Left Wing group was left to languish for years waiting for action on their applications. In fact those "targeted" Left Wing groups were approved faster than the groups that were not targeted.

'Lookout List' Not Much Broader Than Originally Thought, Contrary to Reports | National Review Online

A November 2010 version of the list obtained by National Review Online, however, suggests that while the list did contain the word “progressive,” screeners were in fact instructed to treat “progressive” groups differently from “tea party” groups. Whereas screeners were merely alerted that a designation of 501(c)(3) status “may not be appropriate” for applications containing the word ”progressive” – 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from conducting any political activities – they were told to send those of tea-party groups off IRS higher-ups for further scrutiny.

That means the applications of progressive groups could be approved on the spot by line agents, while those of tea-party groups could not. Furthermore, the November 2010 list noted that tea-party cases were “currently being coordinated with EOT,” which stands for Exempt Organizations Technical, a group of tax lawyers in Washington, D.C. Those of progressive groups were not.

Technically, yes. Left Wing groups were targeted.

But not for delayed approval or disapproval.

They were targeted for faster approval.

where's the list and names of them...? and WHY didn't they come forward and TESTIFY?

we have another propaganda story with just a Conservative republican say he ordered things?

so much bs AND you people eat it up with a damn fork

Last edited:
where's the list and names of them...? and WHY didn't they come forward and TESTIFY?

we have another propaganda story with just a Conservative republican say he ordered things?

Click the pdf link don't be afraid to educate yourself

I'm about to put up a thread on this point. The IRS agents were told to treat the Tea Party differently than Progressives.

I don't give my support to RAW STORY or the WashintonCompost.and why DIDN'T THEY TESTIFY? you jerkoff ass

Last edited:
You know, if our government would come on this site and ask these liberals here wtf was going on they would save a lot of time and money. Because apparently the left wing nutters here know waaaay more about what's really happening than the actual people involved do.

How could the USMB left wing loons know more about it than they do?

Magic, I guess.

:cuckoo:

I don't give my support to RAW STORY or the WashintonCompost.and why DIDN'T THEY TESTIFY? you jerkoff ass

That's why I included 4 different links because I knew you would do your one trick act of complaining no matter whats provided.

Next time try not to be so predicatable

You know, if our government would come on this site and ask these liberals here wtf was going on they would save a lot of time and money. Because apparently the left wing nutters here know waaaay more about what's really happening than the actual people involved do.

How could the USMB left wing loons know more about it than they do?

Magic, I guess.

:cuckoo:

I dunno, you can start by reading the actually testimony.

That's why I included 4 different links because I knew you would do your one trick act of complaining no matter whats provided.

you know what, eat it up if this is what you need to prove something and stick up for a government agency that has destroyed more people lives in this county by wiping out their life savings and confiscating their property all because this was done under obama.

you libs love government until they want to control abortion..then it's they should STAY OUT OF PEOPLE LIVES..

you are all two faced hypocrites

Last edited:
No one has yet shown the ratio of right wing/left wing groups which applied for tax exemption status, and then bounced that up against the ratio of right wing/left wing groups which were set aside for extra special review.

I don't think anyone is so stupid as to believe NO left wing groups were given closer scrutiny.

The nefariousness lies in the ratios.

The only chart I have seen to date shows that right wing groups were scrutinized twice as often as left wing groups. That strongly suggests a bias, unless twice as many right wing groups applied for tax exemptions.

Last edited:

you know what, eat it up if this is what you need to prove something and stick up for a government agency that has destroyed more people lives in this county by wiping out their life savings and confiscating their property all because this was done under obama.

you libs love government until they want to control abortion..then it's they should STAY OUT OF PEOPLE LIVES..

Sooo, you're finally done pretending you want the truth then?

Sooo, you're finally done pretending you want the truth then?

I take nothing you post as the truth...so I don't have to pretend.. I have you figured out for spreading propaganda from site like, raw story a LONG TIME AGO..

You need it have at it

Rawstory and the other 3 links all dismissed by Steph. No link, not even a PDF of the actual testimony, is not good enough. See Steph as long as you never say what your criteria for truth is it allows you to do this game where nothing is ever good enough unless you want it to be. Truth doesn't matter to you, only what you WANT to believe

Forum List

Back