Is a third party vote a wasted vote?

My vote doesn't belong to the Democrats. My vote doesn't belong to the Republicans. It belongs only to me.
A third party vote is NOT a wasted vote. The partisans in both parties want you to believe that because they want your vote.

I know it probably won't happen, but I'd love to see Johnson get into the debates, just to show people that we're not stuck with the two "major" parties only. If that could happen, we could see some momentum.

Only NOT VOTING is a wasted vote.

WRONG! Third parties screw up the needs of the most.

If you are middle class, the only two issues truly effecting you are wages and the economy. If you don't vote Democrat, you are voting against fixing the two biggest issues effecting/affecting you. Period!

Unfortunately for you, you don't get to decide what anyone else feels are important issues. ;)

No, but I do get to laugh at you when you step on your dick.

Whatever you say.....:lol:

I've actually proven it.

I'm going to start by posting an article about some mathematics of voting.

How Not To Waste Your Vote: A Mathematical Analysis | Stephen Weese

Now I don't entirely agree with everything in the article, but I absolutely agree both that winning an election is not the only thing voting third party can accomplish and that as long as most people believe that only voting for someone from the two major parties is worthwhile, we will remain in our lesser-of-two-evils cycle.

I understand negative votes. If you truly believe that one of the major party candidates is so bad that they must not win an election, I get why you'd vote for the other major party. I almost certainly won't agree that the candidate in question will really have the will or power to cause whatever calamity you might forsee, but I do understand the logic.

However, I don't think most voters really expect the 'other' candidate to cause the apocalyptic end of the country that seems to be so often prophesied around here. A president can only do so much, and even those presidential candidates that seem pretty terrible (i.e. the two major ones in this election) are not only limited in power but I believe unlikely to really desire to cause great harm to the nation. In my mind, therefor, the lesser of two evils argument rarely holds much weight.

I think people should vote for the candidate they consider to best represent their own beliefs and interests, both personally and for the country. And while most votes may end up not mattering from a mathematical perspective, I don't think any vote is wasted. Should your candidate get no other vote than your own, if that vote was entered honestly, it is as valid and worthwhile as any other.

My vote doesn't belong to the Democrats. My vote doesn't belong to the Republicans. It belongs only to me.
So, basically you are saying that you flunked math.

A third party vote is NOT a wasted vote. The partisans in both parties want you to believe that because they want your vote.

I know it probably won't happen, but I'd love to see Johnson get into the debates, just to show people that we're not stuck with the two "major" parties only. If that could happen, we could see some momentum.

Only NOT VOTING is a wasted vote.

If you are middle class, the only two issues truly effecting you are wages and the economy. If you don't vote Democrat, you are voting against fixing the two biggest issues effecting/affecting you. Period!

Unfortunately for you, you don't get to decide what anyone else feels are important issues. ;)

I've actually proven it.

You've proven that I step on my dick? :rofl:

I've actually proven it.

You've proven that I step on my dick? :rofl:

Figuratively, yes.

Now I don't entirely agree with everything in the article, but I absolutely agree both that winning an election is not the only thing voting third party can accomplish and that as long as most people believe that only voting for someone from the two major parties is worthwhile, we will remain in our lesser-of-two-evils cycle.

I understand negative votes. If you truly believe that one of the major party candidates is so bad that they must not win an election, I get why you'd vote for the other major party. I almost certainly won't agree that the candidate in question will really have the will or power to cause whatever calamity you might forsee, but I do understand the logic.

However, I don't think most voters really expect the 'other' candidate to cause the apocalyptic end of the country that seems to be so often prophesied around here. A president can only do so much, and even those presidential candidates that seem pretty terrible (i.e. the two major ones in this election) are not only limited in power but I believe unlikely to really desire to cause great harm to the nation. In my mind, therefor, the lesser of two evils argument rarely holds much weight.

I think people should vote for the candidate they consider to best represent their own beliefs and interests, both personally and for the country. And while most votes may end up not mattering from a mathematical perspective, I don't think any vote is wasted. Should your candidate get no other vote than your own, if that vote was entered honestly, it is as valid and worthwhile as any other.

Nope. As long as you are voting for who you want to vote for its not wasted.

Nope. As long as you are voting for who you want to vote for its not wasted.

As long as you don't vote against your own best interest. That would be stupid.

Cool!! Then vote for me, Emperor for Life!!!! :thup:

Im sorry but that position has been filled. You may kiss the rings.

Forum List

Back