Is breath our enemy or friend?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
Besides oxygen aging and cancer, oxygen can be a carbon thief.

I have no data on this, but there are 2 obvious facts that lead to such conclusions.

1) Carbon is the basis of life.

2) Oxygen oxidation sucks carbon from the body in the form of a CO compound

• Banned
Technically, this is exactly how it happens. We breathe in oxygen, which pulls carbon out of us. After that, we replenish our carbon stores with carbohydrates in the diet.

Technically, this is exactly how it happens. We breathe in oxygen, which pulls carbon out of us. After that, we replenish our carbon stores with carbohydrates in the diet.

In return, we get chemical energy to form proteins, genetic material and cell organelle ... when we oxidize carbon into carbon dioxide, we reduce ADP into ATP ... simple redox reactions ...

• Banned
In return, we get chemical energy to form proteins, genetic material and cell organelle ... when we oxidize carbon into carbon dioxide, we reduce ADP into ATP ... simple redox reactions ...
Maybe in return, or maybe to the detriment, it is not clear yet. Oxidation is destructive

Maybe in return, or maybe to the detriment, it is not clear yet. Oxidation is destructive

Maybe not clear to you ... when you get to high school, see if they'll let you take the beginning biology class ... oxidation occurs along side reduction ... one-for-one as it were ... yes, we oxidize the carbon atom, but at the same time we reduce two oxygen atoms ... which is destructive and which is constructive? ...

Yeah ... chemical energenics is like women ... can't live with them and we can't kill them ...

yes, we oxidize the carbon atom, but at the same time we reduce two oxygen atoms ... which is destructive and which is constructive? ...
This is not the point. Free radicals and apoptosis destructs body

can't live with them and we can't kill them
We can partly. Strong lactate acidification and sunlight kill mitochondria, in addition, oxidation can be inhibited by a hypoxic mask. It is possible that tobacco smoking and opiate use inhibits oxidation, and there are still some pharmaceuticals, although they are questionable.
In addition, I think that fat loss should be beneficial because it is highly involved in these processes. It is no coincidence that shortness of breath occurs with obesity.

This is not the point. Free radicals and apoptosis destructs body

We can partly. Strong lactate acidification and sunlight kill mitochondria, in addition, oxidation can be inhibited by a hypoxic mask. It is possible that tobacco smoking and opiate use inhibits oxidation, and there are still some pharmaceuticals, although they are questionable.
In addition, I think that fat loss should be beneficial because it is highly involved in these processes. It is no coincidence that shortness of breath occurs with obesity.

Yeah, I saw those TV commercials too ... if you believe that stuff, then spend your money, makes no difference to me ... but get yourself a good book on herbal medicine ... and remember that good health starts with healthy eating ... tofu and bean sprouts ... and get some exercise, you spend too damn much time watching TV ...

Yeah, I saw those TV commercials too ... if you believe that stuff
No, that's not what they say on TV. This is based on the scientific data of biochemistry and the experience of sports medicine.

No, that's not what they say on TV. This is based on the scientific data of biochemistry and the experience of sports medicine.

Your claims here aren't based on biochemistry ... oxidation states are numbered, and the term "oxidation" is reserved for any reduction in that number ... not the number itself ...

" ... the experience of sports medicine"? ... what? ... you a girl or something? ...

Your claims here aren't based on biochemistry ... oxidation states are numbered, and the term "oxidation" is reserved for any reduction in that number ... not the number itself ...

see

Free-radical theory of aging​

" ... the experience of sports medicine"? ... what? ... you a girl or something? ...

no baby it's used by athletes

see redox:

"Many important biological processes involve redox reactions. Before some of these processes can begin iron must be assimilated from the environment. Cellular respiration, for instance, is the oxidation of glucose (C6H12O6) to CO2 and the reduction of oxygen to water."

[Emphasis mine]
this is not "cellular respiration", cells natively use fermentation.
And this is not the oxidation of glucose, the oxidation of its intermediate.

Forum List

Back