CDZ Is common courtesy and decency dead?

I read the OP. It was basically the Republican platform. Abortion is murder, get tough on immigration, and let the NC/MS discrimination laws stand.

That's not really debatable. You're sneaking a bunch of partisan attacks against Democrats into a trojan horse of "Can't We All Just Get Along (And Agree with Ted Cruz)".

So, the answer is no. Shut up.

In short, you read neither the rules of the sub forum, not the OP. Have a nice day

So you DON'T think the transgender bathroom laws in Mississippi and NC should be enforced (under your false pretense of civility)? You DON'T think women should have reproductive choice and you apparently DON'T support Trump's unsustainable and ridiculous idea of thousands of miles and billions of dollars of a wall?

Your problem is you're conflating viewpoints on issues with civility. "Be civil, and agree with my summaries of how the issues should be resolved."

Newsflash: They WON'T be resolved that way.

Here's how you SHOULD'VE written your OP:

"Hey, I think if a woman is three months' pregnant, she has a child inside her, and it should not be legal to end that child's life. You believe that the mother's freedom of reproductive choice is more important as a policy matter. Let's not call each other fascists and/or murderers, and respect each other as human beings while we debate these issues.

Hey, I think we should stop all illegal immigration with a wall. You think money is better spent elsewhere. Let's not assume the other person hates America and/or is an anti-Hispanic racist, and discuss the merits of both positions...."

And so on and so forth....

Instead, you just went on a republican screed. Which has NOTHING to do with your stated desire for civility.

Get it yet?
I think you are making the OP's point quite well. Civility MUST go BOTH ways.

And really that's why the Dems don't like Trump. He's not one of their usual Republican rivals who they can insult an wag their finger at and cajole if he fights back, b/c he doesn't care, you come at him, he'll come twice as hard at you, now I don't like that; BUT maybe that is what it will take for the Dems to finally see the light and start practicing some civility in their discourse.

So a Republican who calls women "fat, ugly pigs" and who makes off-color remarks about a journalist's menstruation is going to "teach" Democrats about civility?

Are you under the influence of anything specific?

How do you get a bully to stop hitting you? You punch him the face one time.

Ideally Trump should be a nicer guy but the fact is liberal partisan hacks have became bullies and THAT is why Trump's antics are appreciated by so many. And even now, dumb fuck liberal hacks want to pretend like it's somehow different when he is nasty an insulting then it is when they do it.

In short, you read neither the rules of the sub forum, not the OP. Have a nice day

So you DON'T think the transgender bathroom laws in Mississippi and NC should be enforced (under your false pretense of civility)? You DON'T think women should have reproductive choice and you apparently DON'T support Trump's unsustainable and ridiculous idea of thousands of miles and billions of dollars of a wall?

Your problem is you're conflating viewpoints on issues with civility. "Be civil, and agree with my summaries of how the issues should be resolved."

"Hey, I think if a woman is three months' pregnant, she has a child inside her, and it should not be legal to end that child's life. You believe that the mother's freedom of reproductive choice is more important as a policy matter. Let's not call each other fascists and/or murderers, and respect each other as human beings while we debate these issues.

Hey, I think we should stop all illegal immigration with a wall. You think money is better spent elsewhere. Let's not assume the other person hates America and/or is an anti-Hispanic racist, and discuss the merits of both positions...."

Instead, you just went on a republican screed. Which has NOTHING to do with your stated desire for civility.

Get it yet?

And really that's why the Dems don't like Trump. He's not one of their usual Republican rivals who they can insult an wag their finger at and cajole if he fights back, b/c he doesn't care, you come at him, he'll come twice as hard at you, now I don't like that; BUT maybe that is what it will take for the Dems to finally see the light and start practicing some civility in their discourse.

So a Republican who calls women "fat, ugly pigs" and who makes off-color remarks about a journalist's menstruation is going to "teach" Democrats about civility?

Ideally Trump should be a nicer guy but the fact is liberal partisan hacks have became bullies and THAT is why Trump's antics are appreciated by so many. And even now, dumb fuck liberal hacks want to pretend like it's somehow different when he is nasty an insulting then it is when they do it.

Seriously, what color were the mushrooms?

You realize Trump has been a bully to every single person in his life for MUCH longer than the presidential race, right?

Get it yet?

The face punch technique works if your in jail or in the schoolyard... The core objective is to earn respect. Some may respond the "respect through fear" tactic But many think it is cheap, divisive and bullyish. I can only hope for a president who could earn the respect of their opponents through intellect, diplomacy, success, and setting an inspirational example. Too bad we don't have anybody like that in the running this year. Of course the haters are always gonna hate. Our culture is going to shit

I'd say that at least 50% of the time, I don't agree with the Republicans, so no that isn't what I meant, an actually I made that pretty clear in the OP for anyone who cared to read it.

I read the OP. It was basically the Republican platform. Abortion is murder, get tough on immigration, and let the NC/MS discrimination laws stand.

That's not really debatable. You're sneaking a bunch of partisan attacks against Democrats into a trojan horse of "Can't We All Just Get Along (And Agree with Ted Cruz)".

So, the answer is no. Shut up.

Get it yet?

I don't think you are understanding the conversation whatsoever.
Your funny.

Get it yet?

You realize Trump has been a bully to every single person in his life for MUCH longer than the presidential race, right?
Really, you should stop, all you're doing is proving the OP's point. You are presenting no real arguement, just poorly veiled insults.

Really, you should stop, all you're doing is proving the OP's point. You are presenting no real arguement, just poorly veiled insults.

Can you stop stalking me with your shit grammar and spelling, and even shittier logic and reasoning?

Can you stop stalking me with your shit grammar and spelling, and even shittier logic and reasoning?
There you go again, proving the point....

There you go again, proving the point....
Its funny how a thread about speaking decent to each other went to crap after only a few pages...

Get it yet?

Provide an example of him being a bully prior to running for POTUS.

Thats an easy one, which to choose... hmmm. How about Rosie O'donnell. He laid into her before the race when he was king of his domain and we all saw how nasty that got. Now that he is running for office and still needs to be elected we are seeing a subdued and controlled Trump, but he still can't control himself and has brought reactionary insults to all who criticize him. It's entertaining as hell, but just think about what he goes to if he wins the election. Back to King of his domain with no filter. Now he is in a position where the whole world will be criticizing most of his actions and he wont need anybodies vote anymore... can you imagine how its gonna look when our Prez throws his first temper tantrum??

Thats an easy one, which to choose... hmmm. How about Rosie O'donnell. He laid into her before the race when he was king of his domain and we all saw how nasty that got. Now that he is running for office and still needs to be elected we are seeing a subdued and controlled Trump, but he still can't control himself and has brought reactionary insults to all who criticize him. It's entertaining as hell, but just think about what he goes to if he wins the election. Back to King of his domain with no filter. Now he is in a position where the whole world will be criticizing most of his actions and he wont need anybodies vote anymore... can you imagine how its gonna look when our Prez throws his first temper tantrum??

Rosie O Donnell started that, and that's actually pretty common knowledge. See, goes right back to what I said earlier, the left HATES that Trump fights back. He should have just taken his lumps from Rosie and not hit back, eh?

It's never been part of society.

Remember, there was a time that people watched people get eaten by lions for entertainment.

Human beings are not by nature courteous or decent.

I run a forum where people pay to join.
There is only one rule.
We are all gentlemen and treat each other accordingly. (including our female member)
In 3 years I have never banned anybody. In fact the only moderation I have ever done was to tell a couple of members that I was disappointed in them.
We only have a couple of hundred members and its a bit cosy.
Peer pressure keeps everyone in line and it is possible to share views without being abusive.
Male only forum?

Remember, there was a time that people watched people get eaten by lions for entertainment.

I disagree. Human beings ALL have "Buddha nature".

Rosie O Donnell started that, and that's actually pretty common knowledge. See, goes right back to what I said earlier, the left HATES that Trump fights back. He should have just taken his lumps from Rosie and not hit back, eh?
I'm not blaming Trump for starting it, I'm just pointing out how he handled it. As president, a lot of people are going to be "starting stuff" with him. The question is how does he handle it and is that how we want the leader of our country to act. Some love it others don't... For me, it is a very risky situation

I run a forum where people pay to join.
There is only one rule.
We are all gentlemen and treat each other accordingly. (including our female member)
In 3 years I have never banned anybody. In fact the only moderation I have ever done was to tell a couple of members that I was disappointed in them.
We only have a couple of hundred members and its a bit cosy.
Peer pressure keeps everyone in line and it is possible to share views without being abusive.
Male only forum?
No there is a token female.

Not all people have been like that. Only certain people. Its in most of human nature to be courteous and decent or we would have never survived as a species.

Not all people have been like that. Only certain people. Its in most of human nature to be courteous and decent or we would have never survived as a species.

I don't know about that. Think about this message board as an example, 50 years ago if people talked to each other the way soe talk to others on this message board, they would have got their teeth kicked in. So people weren't nice b/c they were nice, they were nice cuz they didn't want to get their teeth kicked in.

That isn't really what I was referring to though. Our founding fathers had some knock down drag out fights. Up to and including duels and fist fights on the Senate floor. But at the end of the day, no one party ever left feeling like they were left out of the conversation. And certainly the "other side" didn't gloat and do a dance and scream "elections have consequences bitch" and carry on like babies

I don't know about that. Think about this message board as an example, 50 years ago if people talked to each other the way soe talk to others on this message board, they would have got their teeth kicked in. So people weren't nice b/c they were nice, they were nice cuz they didn't want to get their teeth kicked in.

That isn't really what I was referring to though. Our founding fathers had some knock down drag out fights. Up to and including duels and fist fights on the Senate floor. But at the end of the day, no one party ever left feeling like they were left out of the conversation. And certainly the "other side" didn't gloat and do a dance and scream "elections have consequences bitch" and carry on like babies

You are only looking at a subset of people. This is not indicative of all or even most people.

You have to remember that back in those days it was a "white only" country so not much to "lose" either way. Now that whites have to accept other races/ethnicities its become a whole different ball game as whites have a hard time adjusting to the new reality. Not only have their myths of racial superiority been debunked, they have had to deal with ghastly realization that other races dont view them as superior. As they have to accept these new realities their fear is causing much discord and alienation.

Forum List

Back