Is it because of Fracking or were rivers always known to catch fire?

That doesnt seem to be right? Water fights fire normally.:eusa_think:

There are places where rivers and aquifers comingle with methane deposits. You can have a fire there too. That propaganda piece Gasland was famous for reporting on the kitchen faucet being set alight. What it failed to report however, is that faucet (and the whole region) would light afire for decades before there was any fracking in the area.

We are going to end up with a country full of Centralia, Pa's.

Alarmist much?

Please tell me you understand the difference between mining a coal seam, and fracturing rock and sucking out the natural gas that results from it.....

Doesn't change the fact you could end up with an underground fire.

I'm not gonna watch an hour long video just to see propaganda. I'll assume it's an anti-fracking flick.
So blame your hero hack president's reimposition of offshore drilling restrictions on the fracking problem you allege. If fracking is a problem for you, blame yourself.

No, it's a story about a mining town where the mine under the city caught fire and has been burning for over 40 years and has basically forced everyone out of the city... and how it has created an environmental nightmare.

So you must give up all of the conveniences you use or else you're a hypocrite.
See how many people can actually read your internet grievances when you have to write them on stone tablets.

Alarmist much?

Please tell me you understand the difference between mining a coal seam, and fracturing rock and sucking out the natural gas that results from it.....

I'm not gonna watch an hour long video just to see propaganda. I'll assume it's an anti-fracking flick.
So blame your hero hack president's reimposition of offshore drilling restrictions on the fracking problem you allege. If fracking is a problem for you, blame yourself.

No, it's a story about a mining town where the mine under the city caught fire and has been burning for over 40 years and has basically forced everyone out of the city... and how it has created an environmental nightmare.

See how many people can actually read your internet grievances when you have to write them on stone tablets.

You are creating a strawman argument. I never said such a thing.

Does anyone actually know the cause of the fire?

Wasn't that an issue with regards to those faucets that flamed? It was blamed on fracking, but it turned out it was due to shallow surface biological decay products, and not fracking gas.

I'd be interested in seeing more about these shallow surface thingamabobs. Link?

Look up biogenic gas. It's also been called 'swamp gas".

This is the colorado government response to gasland.

http://cogcc.state.co.us/documents/library/Technical/Public_Health,_Saftey_and_Welfare/Hydraulic_Fracturing/GASLAND DOC.pdf

A response from the Oil and Gas company? Can I just skip reading it and make a prediction?

They object to all of Gasland and say its all untrue, right?

Do you have a link to those shallow surface doohickies you mentioned? and how those made the faucets catch fire not fracking?

Alarmist much?

Aren't you railing against mining?

This is liberals desperately trying to raise gas prices.

You mean back to Pre Obama levels?
Like the $1.35/gallon the month before he took office?

You picking a 30 day period out of 2880 days kinda makes my point
It was actually more of a six month period that culminated in thirty days and was cut off at that point by obama. It would have lasted to this day and beyond if not for obama. So deal with truth and reality.

Alarmist much?

There is a difference in railing against mining, and taking a stance on process that is not well studied and that involves destabilizing the ground beneath us. Not to mention the hazardous waste water it produces that many times has been found to contaminate drinking water. So what good it that i-pad you have, if you are dead from drinking poisonous water? I know there is a place in this world for oil, gas, and coal. You can't make steel and several other essential materials without coal, BUT there are several other things we use on a daily basis that we use these types of fuels for, that we can find alternative sources for. Which in turn dramatically decreases the need to have so many mines, drilling, and fracking sites running simultaneously.

So you jumped the shark on my opinion, and created a strawman argument.

It was actually more of a six month period that culminated in thirty days and was cut off at that point by obama. It would have lasted to this day and beyond if not for obama. So deal with truth and reality.

If this then that is hypothetical. Whats real is that you were paying through the nose when the Oil Boys were in there and now you dont.

No ifs needed, Just facts

Alarmist much?

Doesn't change the fact that it is not an apt comparison.

Alarmist much?

No, natural gas pockets can catch fire and burn continuously as well.

Door to Hell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shallow deposits should alwAys b avioded n have been proven to release contaminates, but deposits that r found at a deeper level r much safer. The more layers of rock n the mechanical properties of rock allow the process to be way safer.

Does anyone actually know the cause of the fire?

Wasn't that an issue with regards to those faucets that flamed? It was blamed on fracking, but it turned out it was due to shallow surface biological decay products, and not fracking gas.

I'd be interested in seeing more about these shallow surface thingamabobs. Link?

Look up biogenic gas. It's also been called 'swamp gas".

This is the colorado government response to gasland.

http://cogcc.state.co.us/documents/library/Technical/Public_Health,_Saftey_and_Welfare/Hydraulic_Fracturing/GASLAND DOC.pdf

A response from the Oil and Gas company? Can I just skip reading it and make a prediction?

They object to all of Gasland and say its all untrue, right?

Do you have a link to those shallow surface doohickies you mentioned? and how those made the faucets catch fire not fracking?

Its actually a response from the regulator.

And here is another article where you can ignore it because of the source.

Does fracking cause flaming water faucets? | What Is Fracking?

Alarmist much?

There is a difference in railing against mining, and taking a stance on process that is not well studied and that involves destabilizing the ground beneath us. Not to mention the hazardous waste water it produces that many times has been found to contaminate drinking water. So what good it that i-pad you have, if you are dead from drinking poisonous water? I know there is a place in this world for oil, gas, and coal. You can't make steel and several other essential materials without coal, BUT there are several other things we use on a daily basis that we use these types of fuels for, that we can find alternative sources for. Which in turn dramatically decreases the need to have so many mines, drilling, and fracking sites running simultaneously.

You're the one who bitched about mining without considering the benefits you enjoy.

If this then that is hypothetical. Whats real is that you were paying through the nose when the Oil Boys were in there and now you dont.

No ifs needed, Just facts
You have no idea what you're talking about. Are you suggesting hat obama is an oil boy since the price went so high under his watch?

Alarmist much?

Alarmist much?

yeah, that was intentionally lit, and is a surface burn. You found "one". congrats.

You're the one who bitched about mining without considering the benefits you enjoy.

No, I did not. I just mentioned one of the bad results of mining. You have brought absolutely no substance to this argument other than, "hey yo, do you want to you rocks to scratch out messages?"

th

Forum List

Back